Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Apart from Nolan's Batman trilogy, idk if I love any of the other films in DC's slate. I enjoyed BVS and JL, and thought they were treated unfairly, but they never exceeded average. Wonder Woman was fun and competent, but nothing ground breaking. Suicide Squad and Aquaman were abysmal. Oddly enough I think the Harley Quinn film was the one I enjoyed the most.

As a fan of DC's comics I just want to see them finally give these characters the films they deserve. They are sitting on a gold mine of stories and characters, and for one reason or another they've squandered it each time. I mean, statistically speaking they gotta hit one of these out of the ballpark, right?.... Right?....

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Apart from Nolan's Batman trilogy, idk if I love any of the other films in DC's slate. I enjoyed BVS and JL, and thought they were treated unfairly, but they never exceeded average. Wonder Woman was fun and competent, but nothing ground breaking. Suicide Squad and Aquaman were abysmal. Oddly enough I think the Harley Quinn film was the one I enjoyed the most.

As a fan of DC's comics I just want to see them finally give these characters the films they deserve. They are sitting on a gold mine of stories and characters, and for one reason or another they've squandered it each time. I mean, statistically speaking they gotta hit one of these out of the ballpark, right?.... Right?....
    I can't even love the Nolan trilogy as a whole because I thought The Dark Knight Rises was weak. Tom Hardy was utterly wasted and the whole movie was just a great big let down after The Dark Knight.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We cannot forget Superman 1 and 2. I wish someone they could play homage to that in Flashpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I only vaguely remember the first one and I'm not a comic book guy at all so my reaction watching that first video was mostly:

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I mostly agree with this sentiment. Though I will say that I don't think Aquaman was abysmal. Aquaman was cheesy / campy, fun in it's own way. Suicide Squad was trash.

For me the DC rankings go something like this. Wonder Woman, Man of Steel, Shazam, Harley Quinn, BvS, Aquaman, Justice League, Suicide Squad. I put Justice League below Aquaman because of the wasted potential. Suicide Squad is the only one of these I think is actively bad, the others are either good, fun, or mediocre.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I only vaguely remember the first one and I'm not a comic book guy at all so my reaction watching that first video was mostly:

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

I can't even love the Nolan trilogy as a whole because I thought The Dark Knight Rises was weak. Tom Hardy was utterly wasted and the whole movie was just a great big let down after The Dark Knight.
    I don't disagree, but let's be honest, anything was going to be a let down after Dark Knight.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

I don't disagree, but let's be honest, anything was going to be a let down after Dark Knight.
    I liked Rises. I watched it again... I just wished Batman had died. That would have made this a real masterpiece...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved WW, actually liked Justice League (I don’t get the hype for the Snyder Cut...MoS was mediocre and BvS was a dumpster fire) and Shazam! was good fun but everything else has been mostly bad or uninteresting to me.

With that being said I think The Batman looks great (I’m betting Pattinson has that emo hair so they can cut it at the end of the movie to show a physical change/maturing to him), I’m in for Black Adam cause DJ, SS looks good enough to get me to give it another shot after the horrible ‘16 movie, and The Flash multiverse thing sounds cool. I liked Keaton and would love to see him again and, tbh, I really like Affleck’s version of Batman I just think he’s been in crappy movies.

I really hope DC can put out some good movies. Marvel definitely has peaked and I don’t see them really putting out anything that grabs my attention hard unless the X-Men or Miles Morales show up. Would love to see live action Miles, Prowler, and Spider-Gwen...until then I’ll anxiously await Into the Spider-Verse 2.
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm intrigued for the Snyder cut just to see what Snyder originally intended. JL was a Frankenstein's monster of a movie, and the stitches showed. Snyder seemed to have bigger plans for it, and I'd like to see something more ambitious done with the material. It may be a disaster, but at least it won't pull its punches.

I also hope that, at some point, we see Superman emerge as someone willing to save people without getting all angsty about how much of a burden it is, or about whether people accept him for it or not. Personally, I don't need a Superman conflicted about who he is. Superman does good - and is good - because his powers enable him to do good, and so he chooses to do so. Willingly. Dare I say it, joyfully. I hope his resurrection in JL:TSC leads the character in that direction.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The stitches did show...as did that CGI upper lip on Superman...lol. I totally agree on Superman but I have no faith in Snyder being the person to deliver him on screen properly at this point. We have the conflicted hero in Batman and don’t need another in Superman. One of the things I loved about WW was the scenes of her actually saving people like a comic book hero is supposed to instead of just smashing buildings while fighting a villain. Superman should be a beacon of hope and you should walk out of a SM movie feeling good; not depressed. That’s what makes the ‘78 Christopher Reeve movie so good. Even Superman Returns, which was bad overall, had that great sequence where he saved the plane. The two Snyder films didn’t have anything that stuck with me like that.
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Honestly I think Man of Steel catches a lot of undeserved flack. I truly think it's a good movie, especially if you look at it in the light of the fact that it was made less with the DCEU in mind and more with what Nolan had done in mind. I understand why people didn't like BvS but as a DC nerd (really just a Batman nerd) I think BvS was awesome. I honestly blame the Justice League mess on Joss Whedon / the studio so I'm really looking forward to the Snyder cut.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Honestly I think Man of Steel catches a lot of undeserved flack. I truly think it's a good movie, especially if you look at it in the light of the fact that it was made less with the DCEU in mind and more with what Nolan had done in mind. I understand why people didn't like BvS but as a DC nerd (really just a Batman nerd) I think BvS was awesome. I honestly blame the Justice League mess on Joss Whedon / the studio so I'm really looking forward to the Snyder cut.
    Its a great movie. I just watched it a week ago. I loved it. I just wish it centered more on his growth as Supe. Growing up.... to become the beacon of light
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Its a great movie. I just watched it a week ago. I loved it. I just wish it centered more on his growth as Supe. Growing up.... to become the beacon of light
    Yep. It's not without it's flaws. But they could have gotten there. I really think what the DCEU needed was a 2nd Superman movie and a first Batfleck solo movie before they got to BvS. They need a movie to really establish Batman's hatred for Superman and a movie showing Superman's remorse for what happened in Man of Steel. Then the only thing that I would change about BvS is to change Superman's attitude toward Batman. Make Supes less aggressive / more playful and Batman the real aggressor.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yep. It's not without it's flaws. But they could have gotten there. I really think what the DCEU needed was a 2nd Superman movie and a first Batfleck solo movie before they got to BvS. They need a movie to really establish Batman's hatred for Superman and a movie showing Superman's remorse for what happened in Man of Steel. Then the only thing that I would change about BvS is to change Superman's attitude toward Batman. Make Supes less aggressive / more playful and Batman the real aggressor.
    I couldn't agree with this more. Man of Steel was okay, but it needed to either evolve Superman into the more traditional character, or achieve that evolution in a second movie. Rushing to BvS and then to JL - and reducing JL to one movie - was a huge mistake - and such a shame.

I think BvS was backwards - instead of having Batman trying to bring down Supes, have it the other way around - Superman bringing down someone who he sees as a dangerous vigilante. Over the course of the movie - and being forced to fight with Batman against a common enemy - Superman learns that despite the dark soul, Batman is just and wise, not a loose cannon. To me, having Batman see Superman as the dangerous vigilante forces Superman to act like one - dark and dour and conflicted. Otherwise, Batman would have no reason to doubt him.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I think we're going to see a lot of similar headlines to this going forward.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course he has COVID! He's messing around with bats!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Well played.

(Seriously, though, I hope he’s OK. This thing can be nasty even for the low at risk.)

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Well played.

(Seriously, though, I hope he’s OK. This thing can be nasty even for the low at risk.)
    I hope he's okay too. He's one of my favorite actors right now and I've been running through his filmography recently. Within the last month, I've seen High Life, Damsel, The King and now Tenet.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That echoes my thoughts perfectly, feev. And I think Birds of Prey is so fantastic because it did everything that Suicide Squad should have done. It had many of the same elements - focus on unusual anti-heroes, great songs, unusual tone for DC - but it did it all right. SS's soundtrack was a huge disappointment to me - almost none of those great songs was used correctly, feeling very tacked on - and yet when Joan Jett came on in BoP, I couldn't help but think, "Oh fuck YES!" Because it was done exactly right and suited the visual just right.

Oh, and for anyone interested: my own analysis of two Thomas Waynes: the one in Batman Begins and the one in Joker. This was one I wanted to work on for a while, mainly because they stand out as such distinct and radically different interpretations of the same character. Hope you guys enjoy.

https://jamesdoctordodgeaggas.wordpr...ct-portrayals/
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast