Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Book Release Dates List

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I counting it to be book #83 :-) but I include Hearts in Suspension and Charlie the Choo Choo as well and I noticed that Blockade Billy is missing from the list.

Lilja

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Different people would have different counts in my opinion
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Sure do. I heard quite a few say that The Institute was his 50th book :-)

Lilja

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blockade Billy was on the list previously but then it was collected in Bazaar and this is a list of King’s unique works. Hearts in Suspension is an anthology with other authors and Charlie is a reprint.

OK.

Lilja

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Blockade Billy was on the list previously but then it was collected in Bazaar and this is a list of King’s unique works. Hearts in Suspension is an anthology with other authors and Charlie is a reprint.
    I agree with you on HiS and Charlie, but disagree on BB. Since BB came out first I think you have to count it. Otherwise do you not count Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining and Night Shift since they were all collected into one Omnibus? I would agree with you if Bazaar had come out first.

Just curious if people count the following, I am undecided on some of these: creepshow, cycle of the werewolf, dolan's cadalac, six stories, Stephen king goes to the movies, secret window, umneys last case, nightmares in the sky, My little Pony, Ghost brothers of darkland county.

Its a fun exercise. And thanks for collecting the info in the first post. Very useful.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The reason that’s my thinking is that this lists all of King’s oeuvre without duplicates. If Blockade Billy was never collected, like Cycle of the Werewolf, then it would obviously stay a separate work. Since it has been collected in an official King collection, which is an original collection, to me that takes precedence.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Different people would have different counts in my opinion
    You know there are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can’t.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The reason that’s my thinking is that this lists all of King’s oeuvre without duplicates. If Blockade Billy was never collected, like Cycle of the Werewolf, then it would obviously stay a separate work. Since it has been collected in an official King collection, which is an original collection, to me that takes precedence.
    Ok, now you made me look up the word oeuvre ;-)

So looking at your list, based on your comments above, why do you still count the Bachman books (#23)? It is just a reprint. So wouldn't it make sense then to remove the first 4 Bachman books for the same reason BB was removed?

Also, just curious why you don't count The Dark Man. Too short? Was it collected somewhere else?

EDIT: just to be clear, this is just interesting debate, not criticism.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

That's a valid point about The Bachman Books, but personally, I almost consider it a collection like Four Past Midnight, since the original paperbacks are so rare, but the individual paperbacks are also listed as well. Which I realize is a contradiction. But King's books prior to some 10-15 years ago always listed the individual Bachman books as well as The Bachman Books on the "Also by" page. Too bad he discontinued that practice, but this is kinda inspired by that. As far as The Dark Man, not sure. It is too small, but maybe it should be added and Bachman Books removed? And that gets us back to 80

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I agree with you on HiS and Charlie, but disagree on BB. Since BB came out first I think you have to count it. Otherwise do you not count Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining and Night Shift since they were all collected into one Omnibus? I would agree with you if Bazaar had come out first.

Just curious if people count the following, I am undecided on some of these: creepshow, cycle of the werewolf, dolan's cadalac, six stories, Stephen king goes to the movies, secret window, umneys last case, nightmares in the sky, My little Pony, Ghost brothers of darkland county.

Its a fun exercise. And thanks for collecting the info in the first post. Very useful.
    Stephen Kings website counts Stephen King goes to the movies in their novel list.

I count those for my flat signed collection. Mainly because a well known member here who owns a bookstore stated that SKGTOM should be counted and then someone got GBODC signed and I had to have that too! along with Umneys, Secret Window and NIghtmares.

I also counted all 6 green miles as separate books as that was the way they were released and RF challenged me to get all 6 of those signed!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Story Collections - A to Z:

Title
    Original Publisher
    Date
    The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
    Scribner
    November, 2015
    Different Seasons
    Viking Press
    August, 1982
    Everything's Eventual
    Scribner
    March, 2002
    Four Past Midnight
    Viking Press
    September, 1990
    Full Dark, No Stars
    Scribner
    November, 2010
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Scribner
    September, 1999
    If It Bleeds
    Scribner
    May, 2020
    Just After Sunset
    Scribner
    November, 2008
    Night Shift
    Doubleday
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes
    Viking Press
    October, 1993
    Skeleton Crew
    G.P. Putnam's & Sons
    June, 1985
    Stephen King Goes to the Movies
    Plume
    January, 200

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a link to the list of 83?

Preferably in chronological order.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Goes to the Movies is not an official King book in my... book. It's just a reprint of previously collected stories. The brief intros don't change that fact. Just like the early novel omnibuses (omnibi) are not official in that sense.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

My current list has 88 items on it (before adding If it Bleeds)......

Items not on my list that might be on other's:
    6 Green Mile Paperbacks
    Gunslinger Revised
    Salem's Lot Illustrated
    Silver Bullet
    Stephen King Goes To the Movies

Items on my list that might not be on other's:
    My Pretty Pony
    The Dark Man
    Best American Short Stories 2007

Storm of the Century
    Nightmares in the Sky
    TGWLTG Pop Up
    Blockade Billy Scribner
    Charlie The Choo Choo
    Gwendy's Button Box
    Hearts in Suspension
    The Green Mile hardback from Scribner

The Bachman Books hardback
    COTW Land of Enchantment
    COTW NAL Paperback

Items above in italic are those that I have signed copies of.

Once (if) I "complete" my list of signed first editions, I will add the above ten items not on my list (in the order listed).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Did King write a story for Best American Short Stories 2007? I thought he was just the editor. (I don't have it to check)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Did King write a story for Best American Short Stories 2007? I thought he was just the editor. (I don't have it to check)
    He wrote an introduction. THis one :
    > https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/b...w/King2-t.html
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    He wrote an introduction. THis one :
    > https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/b...w/King2-t.html
    Thanks J. I used to have a signed copy, but I donated it to the our Haven charity thingy.

If it Bleeds have the wrong date.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    If it Bleeds have the wrong date.

Lilja
    Thank you, just updated!

Thanks!

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Added "Later" and "Billy Summers".

Country
    Country Flag

Added Gwendy's Final Task and Fairy Tale. Still sad to see we don't have specific dates for a handful of books, especially that bunch in the early '90s.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

What about non-fiction. Are we counting that? If so, how about "Hearts in Suspension" That was First published: Nov 07, 2016
    And what about Vol 1 and 2 of Whispers. They contain 2 King stories. It Grows on you and Before the play. Vol 5 First published: Nov 07, 2016
    Just wondering if those should be added as well. If not, that's fine.

Country
    Country Flag

This list is for King’s own books, not anthologies where his stuff appeared.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast