Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How do you want to die?

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Maturins_Daughter View Post
    I don't think that dying of old age automatically means senility, diapers, etc.

I definitely want to die when I'm a very old woman after many happy years with my husband and family. I want to be in relatively good physical and mental health... just slip away in my sleep, painlessly. I would also like to know beforehand when it's going to happen so I could say goodbye to everyone.

So sue me...
    well that's the idea way to go.. maybe i should have put that disclaimer..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Traveler The Old Fella is on a distinguished road The Old Fella's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I could choose the manner of my death, I'd like to cross the event horizon of a black hole. Just to be the first person to ever look into one as you reach that point of no return. That'd be something to see.

Banned Diggity Of The Eld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

There's only one way to die.....

*epic drum roll*

SHOT...

DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNN

IN A BLAZE OF GLORRRY

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Diggity Of The Eld View Post

*epic drum roll*

SHOT...

DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNN

IN A BLAZE OF GLORRRY
    If you get that f'n song stuck in my head, your day to die will be real real soon.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

*epic drum roll*

SHOT...

DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNN

IN A BLAZE OF GLORRRY
    If you get that f'n song stuck in my head, your day to die will be real real soon.

LORD I NEVER DREW FIRST BUT I DREW FIRST BLOOD
    I'M NO ONE'S SON, CALL ME YOUUUNG GUN!

Dude, Bon Jovi is the man. Prepare for a Day of Jovi.

Srsly, I am being totally serious here... you know how some songs give you goosebumps when they get to really awesome parts?

I don't know if that happens to you, but when I am really digging a song I get goosebumps at the good parts. "Chicken skin" some may say.

This part in Blaze of Glory does it every time because I know they're about to rock SO F'ING HARD...

YOU ASK ME IF I'VE KNOWN LOVE
    AND WHAT IT'S LIKE TO SING SONGS IN THE RAIN?
    WELL I'VE SEEN COME LOVE
    AND I'VE SEEN IT SHOT DOWN
    AND I'VE SEEN IT DIE IN VAIN...

epic pause....

SHOT DOWWWWWWWWWN
    ETCETERA ET CEEEEEETERA!

It's all love man, sorry for getting it stuck in your head. Bon Jovi is one of two decent things to ever come out of Jersey. The Boss is of course the other.

It's all love man, sorry for getting it stuck in your head. Bon Jovi is one of two decent things to ever come out of Jersey. The Boss is of course the other.
    You are forgiven, for now anyway. Though, being from New Jersey myself, I would hesitate to ever mention those two in the same breath. One's a genius, the other is a hack. I suppose you can guess which I think is which.

Admittedly, I am quite jaded on the subject of Bon Jovi. I went to high school in central jersey at the start of his rise to popularity and had to deal with a lot of classmates who would listen to nothing else. I've also had to explain to far too many people that no, Richie Sambora is not one of the best guitar players in the world. In fact, he's not even a particularly good one, let alone great.

But I digress. (I tend to do that)

Now, if we're looking for great musicians from NJ, look no further than Marc Ribot, one of the true greatest living guitar players, born and raised in Newark.

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, no wonder you hate the Jovi.

See I was born in 1980, so I was a kid during his heyday and then of course during the 1990's I had to hate all the stuff that I liked in the 80's because the time of grunge and rap-metal was upon us and music had to be VERY SUPER SERIOUS. Now it's fun nostalgia for me.

I appreciate your stance though, that has to suck ass growing up in the shadow of Obi Bon Jovi.

Springsteen is still putting out kick-ass music btw. I know you know this, but that song Radio Nowhere rocked my balls off. I did a Lost in Translation tribute to it, but YouTube kept deleting it for copyright infringement. Pissed me off, I think I really captured some of the raw emotion of that flick.

Springsteen is still putting out kick-ass music btw. I know you know this, but that song Radio Nowhere rocked my balls off. I did a Lost in Translation tribute to it, but YouTube kept deleting it for copyright infringement. Pissed me off, I think I really captured some of the raw emotion of that flick.
    I like his recent work as well. It's not quite as good as his classic stuff (though that's an unfair standard to hold things to), but it's still a lot better than a lot of the other stuff being churned out these days.

I saw him at Giants Stadium on the last night of the NJ run of his tour in 1985. It's the second longest single set of music I've ever seen at a little over four hours. The E-Street Band is also one of the tightest non-jazz bands I've ever seen live.

Country
    Country Flag

That's kick-ass.

I've been seeing concerts since I was 8 years old. I saw two concerts when I was 8. My first show was Robert Plant solo on the Now and Zen tour, and my 2nd show was Jimmy Page doing his Outrider tour.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Macbeth View Post
    There's no way I would want to die of old age, all senile and in diapers and such. And I'm too much of a baby to die of anything excessively painful, so the way I want to go would be an LSD overdose. Just peacefully die during some uber mega acid trip. Best way to go, imo.
    Not likely I'm afraid to say. There is no known LD50 for LSD. People have taken many thousands of doses at once and just had amazing trips. I've taken some pretty large quantities myself. There isn't a single death in history where LSD can be confirmed as the cause of death. In the process of trying to OD on it you'd likely just end up tripping the rest of your days (which would be no shorter because of it.)
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    In the process of trying to OD on it you'd likely just end up tripping the rest of your days (which would be no shorter because of it.)
    You'd be more likely to die of exhaustion from being awake for as long as you would be from taking that much acid.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In the process of trying to OD on it you'd likely just end up tripping the rest of your days (which would be no shorter because of it.)
    You'd be more likely to die of exhaustion from being awake for as long as you would be from taking that much acid.

Actually your brain sort of reaches a saturation point. Eventually you learn it's not so hard to sleep while peaking on acid. I've done it countless times. It makes for some intense dreaming though.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Actually your brain sort of reaches a saturation point. Eventually you learn it's not so hard to sleep while peaking on acid. I've done it countless times. It makes for some intense dreaming though.
    I've done it as well, and you're right it's not that hard to do. Of course, that's assuming what we've taken in those cases is actual LSD. Some of what's distributed as acid is not LSD. It's other psycho-active compounds with similar effects but some different side effects, one of which is a speediness that is not like acid at all. Best of luck sleeping through that!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've done it as well, and you're right it's not that hard to do. Of course, that's assuming what we've taken in those cases is actual LSD. Some of what's distributed as acid is not LSD. It's other psycho-active compounds with similar effects but some different side effects, one of which is a speediness that is not like acid at all. Best of luck sleeping through that!
    I can. I'd agree. I'd even venture a guess that probably half if not more of what hits the streets as acid isn't.

If you rescue me

I'd even venture a guess that probably half if not more of what hits the streets as acid isn't.
    Absolutely. It's a major reason I stopped doing acid and prefer mushrooms for tripping. At least with 'shrooms I know exactly what I'm getting. I'm not at all opposed to ever doing acid again, I just would want to know for sure that that's what it is.

Country
    Country Flag

Come to Florida.
    haha cool cool. I deleted the message 'cause I got noided about it after I posted it.

Do any of you guys talk on AIM?

I actually got a DT related name haha... if you want to talk to me, hit me up on AIM at "ODiscordiaLOL"

I deleted mine as well lest it look like I am just saying random things or promoting Florida Dept. of Tourism.

Country
    Country Flag

lol, excellent news good sir.

I thank you kindly for that nugget of information all the same, as one never knows when such things could become useful.

I do totally wanna go to Orlando this year to catch a TNA show at Universal.

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan on changing the world. Either that, or just pissing off someone real bad.

No matter, I think I'd be okay with an assassination.
    LadyK
    "The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser--in case you thought optimism was dead." ♥ --Robert Brault

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I want to die after my husband because I don't think he can handle losing anyone else, to be honest.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to go out in my mid to late 60's. I don't want to make it past 70 don't want to be dependent on anyone. It doesn't really matter how just not by fire.

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Tvmorbid View Post
    I want to go out the same way I came in; screaming and covered in someone elses blood
    FUCK I WAS GONNA SAY THIS.

Oh well, I guess I should have expected this. I will obviously have to second this statement.

Traveler Savoury is on a distinguished road Savoury's Avatar

I think my death would be really stupid, I'd probably get stung to death by a bee or something similar. Or a giant block of ice falling from an airplane and landing right on top of me, and me saying "what's this" right before it hits me.

On a more serious note, I'd just like to be really old and have the feeling of finally going to sleep, but for a very very long time, all peaceful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4