Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wizard and Glass Q&A *spoilers

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, will do soon!
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

John F. Kennedy Ross will become famous soon enough

On a scale of 1-10 I would give this one a 10. It is, so far my favourite King book.

My Favourite part - When Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain are riding up behind the gang. Cuthbert starts by taking out the first three with his slingshot.... Aside from the part in the Rest when the boys first encounter the Big Coffin Hunters, this is when we get our first glimpse of them in action and fully understand just how badass the Gunslingers are.

Why did Susan fall in love with Roland - Ka. . He is a young, good looking stranger with good manners that shows up during a time when she is at a low point (father dead and knowing she is going to be with an old greasy man)

What did I feel when Susan was dying - I felt horrible.. As I read the last pages leading up to it I just kept hoping that Roland would save the day. Or Sheemie, or someone. It wasn't until she was praying to her father, not for rescue or salvation, but for Roland's safe passage that I knew she was going to die. After that all I could think of was how I wanted Roland and his crew to come back to town and kill Cordelie and Rhea, and whoever else was blind enough to let it all go down the way it did.

Rolands biggest mistake - Leaving Susan and Sheemie in the bad grass shack while they went to take out the gang. He knew Rhea was able to watch from the glass. He should have had them follow behind or at least stay within striking distance.

The most disgusting character in my mind was either Cordelia Delgado or Coral Thorin. Not sure why exactly but for me these two could have made the right decisions but instead insanity/greed let them push the path forward for the ultimate demise of Susan, and ultimately Roland's humanity.

Coral and Jonas - I think their relationship was just a way to help build their characters up so that the reader could better understand their motives. They are animals and they are both in it for the same thing "Greed"

Whose death made me the happiest - Jonas being shot in the face was nice, so was the last part when the Farson boys walking willingly into the Thinny. But I think (although there was not much description) that when they say that Cordelia died shortly after they burned Susan. I like to think that she had a brief bout of sanity which allowed her to realize what she had done, and that is what killed her.

John F. Kennedy Ross will become famous soon enough

I posted my thoughts yesterday but they never showed up. I hope they dont show up twice now as I have been reading many of the previous posts and my thoughts on some things have changed.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give this one a 9. So far it has been my favourite of the 4 I have read. Starting Wind through the keyhole tomorrow. It was nice to learn more about Roland's early years and his first love.

My favourite part - Probably when Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain take down the Big Coffin Hunters. Cuthbert taking out the first 3 with his slingshot, etc... Really showed just how badass these guys are/were. And at 14, it helped put into perspective just how badass Gunslingers are in general.

That and the part when they get caught by Jonas at the Bar K and Roland confronts Jonas and lets him know that he knows who he is and that he will be in the "West" forever.

Why did Susan fall in love with Roland - In the real world I would have to agree with the masses in that they are teens and under her current circumstances it would have happened whether it was Roland, Cuthbert, or Alain. Being a King book however, I think it was Ka, and that they were destined or ordained to fall in love by a higher power (Crimson King maybe as way of potentially turning away from his quest of reaching the tower).. Who knows, I just finished Wizard and Glass so I assume I have a lot to learn yet.

When Susan died I was at first angry that she wasnt saved. Then sad, then angy again and hoped that the next chapter would be about how Roland came back to Hambry and cleaned up the town with his guns. Overall it was sad and I thought about it for hours after reading it.

Rolands biggest mistake - Assuming the glass was showing him everything and now just what it wanted him to see. And leaving Susan and Sheemie in the bad grass knowing that Rhea was able to see things with the glass.

Most disgusting character in my mind would have to be Cordelia Delgado. For obvious reasons..

Jonas and Coral - Purely for sex. And to build their characters so that everyone was certain they were both horrible people.

I was most happy reading about Cordelia dying after the fire. Her and Jonas getting shot in the face was nice.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post

My favourite part - Probably when Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain take down the Big Coffin Hunters. Cuthbert taking out the first 3 with his slingshot, etc... Really showed just how badass these guys are/were. And at 14, it helped put into perspective just how badass Gunslingers are in general.
    Yes! Cuthbert is a badass. I loved his character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4