Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Your favorite moments in DT7

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yesterday's_eyes View Post
    Just finished the book and I have to say that it is definitely my favorite in the series.

I loved Jake and Callahan in the Dixie Pig. Basically all of it up to when Jake finally reaches the door and Susannah pulls him through. Love it. Also love when Roland and Susannah encounter Dandelo. I like how something just feels off the entire time they are there. It was awesome when Susannah realized what was going on and went to help Roland.
    Hell yeah.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

The whole series is about to run out and see the first Dark Tower. I think this is the biggest moment of the series and maybe even all the books Stephen King.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean the moment that Roland first sees the Tower? Hm, you may be right about that. It did seem to obsess the writer nearly as much as the gunslinger.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I cried a few times during TDT, but the one that made me cry hardest was Roland reciting the names of every friend, fallen or lost, during his journey. I got a quarter of the way through the page and I felt my eyes getting wet, but when he got to Jake's name I just couldn't stand it any more; I lost all composure. No book has ever made me happier than that moment. That had to be my favorite moment.

Gunslinger Apprentice CrimsonMordred is on a distinguished road CrimsonMordred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    You mean the moment that Roland first sees the Tower? Hm, you may be right about that. It did seem to obsess the writer nearly as much as the gunslinger.
    Oh yeah, that was probably the best of them all. Plus the scenes of him walking through the tower rooms.

Dandelo was a pretty cool character. I also liked the scene with the three Stephen Kings. But beyond anything, the scenes with Mordred were also my very favorites.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

so much to choose from, but what has ringing my head since i finished my re-read (the only one too, I was not happy with the end the first time I read it (the morning after it was released lol) and I have not picked it up again until now) is Oy.
    I loved him in this book, so very much and I loved being able to get into his head, hear and feel his thoughts.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Traveler Miller is on a distinguished road

The Taheen asking Roland for mercy and Roland flatly denying him and then blowing him away
    Roland sitting with Oy's dead body in his lap and gently petting him
    Callahan's heroic last stand

Traveler Sefear is on a distinguished road Sefear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Theres got probably a dozen different ones I can think of but I'll put one I haven't seen yet. The paragraph on page 129 then the shootout that follows on pgs 133-135.

"Strap your gun, Eddie," Roland said, holding out the revolver with the sandalwood grips.
    Mine. Now he calls it mine. Eddie felt a small chill.
    "I thought we were going to Susannah and Jake." But he took the revolver and belted it willingly enough.
    Roland nodded. "But I believe we have a little work to do first, against those who killed Callahan and then tried to kill Jake." His face didn't change as he spoke, but both Eddie Dean and John Cullum felt a chill. For a moment it was almost impossible to look at the gunslinger.
    So came-although they did not know it, which was likely more mercy than such as they deserved- the death sentence of Flaherty, the taheen Lamla, and their ka-tet.

Definitely one of Roland's most bad ass moments in my opinion

"Battles that last 5 minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years"

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on a re-read of the series, my most recent in a few years and I'm shocked at how much I'm loving DT7 so much this go around. I can't put it down.

I read yesterday the scene where Jake and Oy trade bodies, so hilarious to me. Also, I'm digging the Mordred scenes a lot more this time around.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7