Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite moments in DT7

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Okay, I may have completely made this up and am now making a fool of myself (and cry pardon if that's the case) but I could swear that I read somewhere that Los stood for Lord of Spiders.
    No idea where though, so I couldn't tell ya if you asked. Say sorry...

Has anybody else heard this, or am I really making it up?

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mention it, it does ring a bell
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Ah, ya know what? According to the Towerpedia article, Lord of Spiders is just another one of his titles.
    I must have made up the correllation in my own head. Sorry friends!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Ah, ya know what? According to the Towerpedia article, Lord of Spiders is just another one of his titles.
    I must have made up the correllation in my own head. Sorry friends!
    Not at all. Interesting idea though..ummm care to post a favorite moment?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is referred to as the Lord of Spiders in one of the books (I think it was Song of Susannah, but I'm not certain.)

It didn't occur to me that 'Los' stood for that though. It could be though, or even if it strictly doesn't (since the context in which 'Los' is mentioned suggests it's his name rather than a title) it's possible King thought up the name that way. Rather than all my Arthurian malarky...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post

Spoiler:
    I get the impression that "Ram Aballah", as mentioned in Black House was another title rather than an actual name, which again backs up Los being his actual name. What's the betting 'Ram' means king, or big cheese of some kind?
    Spoiler:
    Ram Aballah means "Red King" in Arabic, so you yeah, its another of his titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    My favourite parts of DT7... Pretty much the start of the book I think. The whole rush to save Susannah and Callahan/Jake vs the Vampires.
    One of my favorite parts also. Especially with the description of the Grandfathers and how they weren't stopped by the skolpadda.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Favorite moment... ah.
    Possibly the "prayer" Roland says over Jake's grave.
    "Goodbye, Jake. I love you, dear."
    I don't know if I would say it's my absolute favorite though... too sad.
    Gimme a couple days, I'm almost done with my re-read. Maybe I'll post another.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Favorite moment... ah.
    Possibly the "prayer" Roland says over Jake's grave.
    "Goodbye, Jake. I love you, dear."
    I don't know if I would say it's my absolute favorite though... too sad.
    Gimme a couple days, I'm almost done with my re-read. Maybe I'll post another.
    Wow, thats a rough part as one of your favs... I'm starting a re-read too. By the way you don't need the spoiler tags for chat about the series because its the DT7 forum. The spoiler tags above were Black House spoilers.

Ah, good to know. And edited as such.
    Yeah, it is a tough part to read, but it really spoke a lot about their relationship. The whole death scene did, actually. The father-son connection.

Jake's death scene, especially Roland's prayer, is one of the most powerful scenes in the saga.

Absofuckinlutely.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I cried like a baby and I couldn't stop it.

Roland would have understood.

So you're still crying Letti?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you are around I am not.

You know how to make this bittersweet kiss of chaos, more sweet than bitter...

Letti, are you going to be doing a re-read also? So you can give us a fresh favorite for Letti from this book?

Country
    Country Flag

I am doing a rereading right now as well. I am in WoC.
    (I cannot wait to start to read the last. I have read the other books many times but it will be my second time reading that.)

Second and this time much slower right?

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm still on Chapter One, but I think I just saw a reference to IT therein....

I haven't read that book, but perhaps I need to rethink the order in which I put the books in my poster project....

Maybe you should stay out of the DT7 forum until you're done with the book?

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Maybe you should stay out of the DT7 forum until you're done with the book?
    I was just exctied about it, and I didn't know where else to put it, since I hadn't read IT yet....

Don't worry, though, I haven't read any previous posts.

Thats cool, as long as you haven't been spoiled.

Traveler Shiv is on a distinguished road Shiv's Avatar

So many of the scenes already covered here are all great, I think my absolute favorite is when Roland started the final stretch towards the Tower.

One moment that really sticks in my mind (not nessecarily a favorite though) is when Roland is laughing his ass off on Odd's Lane. For some reason I had a hard time picturing that and I stopped reading the story at that point to rustle up a clear cut image of that scene in my mind.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The showdown in the Dixie Pig with the Warriors of the Scarlet Eye.Oy's goodbye to Jake as well as Roland worrying that he had forgotten how to cry. There's really too many moments to name them all, so these are a few that really got me excited or all emotional.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    My favorite in this book, and in the whole saga, is Callahan's last stand.

Mine too, especially after the shellacking he took in Salem's Lot (favorite scene in that one) He sooooooo needed the redemption. I mean to think he gets a "Resumption and has to go through that particular nightmare over and over again!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine too, especially after the shellacking he took in Salem's Lot (favorite scene in that one) He sooooooo needed the redemption. I mean to think he gets a "Resumption and has to go through that particular nightmare over and over again!!!!
    I'm not so sure Callahan does resume, at least not in the sense Roland does although his second meeting with Vampires is a resumption of sorts.

I keep reading references to Roland's return as 'resetting' as if the whole world resets when he goes through the door. I don't think that's the case. I think the only person who resets is Roland, as in, he is sent back in time and his memories are reset to that time. And even he doesn't reset completely considering what he finds with him the next time round.

Anyhow, I've gone off-topic... better think of a fave moment before I reap it from the resident spankslingers....

Ok, Sheemie's dream. It's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread, but I have to agree that whole scene was an emotional goose-pimple moment. Reading about Brautigan's story was interesting too. Not quite as buzzing to me as Callahan's back story from the Wolves of the Calla, but way up there.

I have other favorite moments, which I've mentioned already, but I'm sure we're allowed more than one...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast