Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite moments in DT7

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Co-sign.

Callahan was indispensable, IMO, to the conclusion of this story.

He was undoubtedly one of my favorite new characters introduced into the plot.

New for me because I've yet to read 'Salem's Lot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta go pick that one up ASAP, classic King.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there are four Stephen King novels I own, which I haven't got around to reading yet.

The others being Dreamcatcher, Hearts in Atlantis, and Insomnia.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Insomnia and Low Men in Yellow Coats
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both of those are quite good, Matthew.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Why do so many people think Linoge is an avatar of Flagg's, but reject the assertion that Leland Gaunt is one of his incarnations?

It seems to me that the latter has a lot more similarities.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Why do so many people think Linoge is an avatar of Flagg's, but reject the assertion that Leland Gaunt is one of his incarnations?

It seems to me that the latter has a lot more similarities.

How is that one of your favorite Dark Tower 7 moments Ruthful?

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, that's not related to the topic.

Yeah, I know that.

Just a question I had.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I"m kind of skipping over most of the posts as I just started my second read and with my memory, there may be spoilers!

So far, I have been really touched by Pere's stand as well as on edge at the coming of the baby.

What an awesome fucking story!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Oh no, that's not related to the topic.

Yeah, I know that.

Just a question I had.
    I know

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the part where Jake asks Roland for a smoke and Roland figures, what the hell?

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I love the part where Jake asks Roland for a smoke and Roland figures, what the hell?
    Jake smoked his first one in Wolves of the Calla.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Jake smoked his first one in Wolves of the Calla.
    Really? (cleans up cobwebs)

Looks like this re-read will do me a lot of good then

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah after the battle and getting his friend's brains splattered on him I guess old long, tall, and ugly figured he deserved his first smoke. Besides, he did just pull a Clinton and didn't inhale anyway. hehe

But that was a great moment when they were on Steek-tete looking down on Algul-Siento, with Jake having a smoke with Roland and Oy napping.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

damn straight

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think my favorit part of this one is where Roland, Susannah and Oy are running from the Thing under Castle Discordia, scared the crap outta me that scene did

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was really glad Jake got a kiss from a girl before...well, you know

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tvmorbid View Post
    I think my favorit part of this one is where Roland, Susannah and Oy are running from the Thing under Castle Discordia, scared the crap outta me that scene did
    I like how there's a little sketch of the monster at the end of that chapter, just in case there's any doubt in your mind as to how it looks like.

Also I actually have that creature as a pet in my cellar if you want to come over and say "hello". Maybe you can do a little re-inactment of that part of DT7 and I can bring my friends over and we'll make some bets on if you make it out of the cellar!

Traveler pyrokamileon is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Chassit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baradin View Post
    When Roland stood at the Tower and cried out the names of everyone. EVERYONE.
    Yeah that was great! Almost made me cry.

XIX
    That part didn't make me cry so much as it just made me feel happy and all good inside. I mean after all the years and all the wheels and all the people... he finally made it to the Dark Tower... I don't remember how descriptive that scene was but in my mind Roland was running through the field of roses and as he was crying out everyone's names I could just see it in his face that he didn't know whether to laugh or cry so he found a way to do both, all the while not believing that he was actually at the front door to the Dark Tower
    Last edited by pyrokamileon; 06-21-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: didn't originally get the exact right quote

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember having to stop and breath for a moment when I got to that part the first time. I'll admit, I was slightly diminished in spirit by the way things came out with the CK but nothing took away from that moment for me.

Like you said, all those years and he was there, at the tower. It was so many emotions wrapped into one moment that I felt like my insides had turned into a blender.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 550 pages into my re-read. So far, it's better than I remember! Roland and Suz are heading under castle Discordia at the moment.

I didn't find myself too emotional at the two deaths so far. I don't know why. It could be that Eddies was too slow and Jakes too fast. Both were powerful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I'm about 550 pages into my re-read. So far, it's better than I remember! Roland and Suz are heading under castle Discordia at the moment.

I didn't find myself too emotional at the two deaths so far. I don't know why. It could be that Eddies was too slow and Jakes too fast. Both were powerful, though.
    It's interesting how many folk I talk to who didn't like DT7 the first time they read it and when they read it a second time really liked it or even loved it. I think it was because they had a lot of things in their mind about how it was supposed to turn out and the years of build-up make it a hard one for a lot of folk to deal with at first reading because things don't turn out the way most folk thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast