Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite moments in DT7

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default Your favorite moments in DT7

This is my favorite in the series and I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can chat about your favorite moments or things about this book.

One of mine, is when Dandelo is telling Roland and Susannah about how he hid from the Red King as he rode past wrapped in a storm, his whole description of the incident blew my mind and showed how powerful Los' was before getting trapped in the Tower and the re-birth of the Beams.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think my favorite was perhaps the saddest.
    Jake and Roland going to save sai King.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

The Haze of Green and Gold part?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite part of this book was the mad dash under the castle for Roland and Suze.

I was so devastated by what happened up till that point, it was refreshing to be horrified once again. The writing for that segment was very good imo.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Another of my favorite parts of this book is when Roland and Susannah are passing through the haunted town that surrounds Le Casse Roi Russe and when they actually come to Le Casse Roi Russe and learn the story of how Los' snapped and "killed" himself with a spoon.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

The exit of Susannah.
    In Digitized Remorse

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

The imagery associated with the tower standing in its field of roses (cho ka no rey?) Regardless...
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Gunslinger Apprentice Baradin is on a distinguished road Baradin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

When Roland stood at the Tower and cried out the names of everyone. EVERYONE.
    Last edited by Jean; 05-29-2007 at 06:13 AM. Reason: removed unnecessarily marked spoiler (see Spoiler Requirements for this forum)
    "And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

Quote Originally Posted by Baradin View Post
    When Roland stood at the Tower and cried out the names of everyone. EVERYONE.
    Yeah that was great! Almost made me cry.

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This picture, and King's description of the moment.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost? I did cry.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Just so you know folks I did mark this thread as a Spoilers thread. So as far as I understood it you don't need to mark spoilers within it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Just so you know folks I did mark this thread as a Spoilers thread. So as far as I understood it you don't need to mark spoilers within it.
    that's correct. This policy was introduced in The Baronies for the sake of readability and common sense. The latter means spoilers don't have to be marked here, and the former - that they shouldn't, so guys, please, don't mark unnecessary spoilers (see the newly-added rule in Spoiler Requirements for this forum)

AllHail, I have edited your title a little, to make the word "Spoilers" more prominent. If you don't like the way it looks now, PM me.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, that's why I put spoilers in paranthesis but putting asterisks instead works even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Almost? I did cry.

Well, ok. maybe my eyes got a bit wet.

NFA JJG 42-95

I've never cried so much reading a book as when I read this one. Someone needed to hook me up with a binky.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*sends virual binky to CK*

I totally agree with that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Another favorite moment for me was when Roland, Susannah and Oy were running through the tunnel under Castle Discordia from the giant millipede...one of the tenser moments in the series for me....especially when they were running in darkness and all they could hear was the great gasps of breath of the millipede getting closer and closer no matter how fast they ran...gives me chills just thinking about it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved that scene
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    The Haze of Green and Gold part?
    Whelan's illustration in that section of King is my 2nd favorite of the series,(favorite being the unfound of Roland), I made sure to take a picture of both of them.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

There were so many remarkable moments in this book-excluding the absolutely absurd transposition of Jake and Oy's personalities during their trip through Fedic, and the maudlin reunion of Susannah, Eddie and Jake during the first conclusion-that I can't narrow it down to a handful.

I would agree that all of the aforementioned moments moved me in much the same way, but add that the entire scene in Odd Lane-including Dandelo's anecdote about the CK-was riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    but add that the entire scene in Odd Lane-including Dandelo's anecdote about the CK-was riveting.
    Amen, I totally agree with you. Look above I posted about that scene too. It literally gives me chills reading it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite is the ending - when he realizes what has happend and that he's going to have to do it all over again, but this time when he's in the desert, he has the horn. Makes you wonder...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite in this book, and in the whole saga, is Callahan's last stand.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That was very cool, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast