Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: White and Crimson

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

also for the anticoagulants in their saliva

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not exactly what I was referring to, either. I meant "bloodshed" in the sense of violence. My point is that I believe that King makes quite valid use of red as a symbol of evil, even though it certainly does not always have to stand for that. It does make sense to use it as a symbol of the female, on one level, and I think that it is fine if people like the color for different reasons, and that that doesn't mean that anything is wrong with them. Some conflicts do arise from prejudice and misunderstanding, and need to be solved by balance and compromise. However, let's not start apologizing for the mad thing that chose to take that symbol and that unleashed the Red Death. Rage and hatred, unprovoked slaughter, and tyranny are what King means by The Red, and I don't believe he means to say that we need to learn to tolerate the self-styled god behind them.

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

red is the color or anger (hence the saying "seeing red"), the color or warning/danger and the color of the KING!!

crimson red, i think, should've embraced the covers of Insomnia. something about that shade gives me the willies. Esp. the Eye of the King. creepy.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    red is the color or anger (hence the saying "seeing red"), the color or warning/danger and the color of the KING!!

crimson red, i think, should've embraced the covers of Insomnia. something about that shade gives me the willies. Esp. the Eye of the King. creepy.
    I agree that crimson red is creepy, but I love the cover of Insomnia that I have. Check this out.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post

I agree that crimson red is creepy, but I love the cover of Insomnia that I have. Check this out.
    yes! thats great. i'm finishing the last dark tower book as of tommorrow, insomnia is my next stop. something about the red/white and white/red hardcovers really strikes me as interested, i must say.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bluenose is on a distinguished road Bluenose's Avatar

werent the colours on old chess sets red and white, rather than black and white? Or did I imagine that.

Crimson is also a much more vivid description than just black, evils always black. Crimson...shivers the skin a little more. Plus, King is a fan of mid seventies prog rock! (King Crimson...)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    werent the colours on old chess sets red and white, rather than black and white? Or did I imagine that.
    No, you didn't, and they were. Very good call.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3