Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Drawing of the Three Q&A *spoilers

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Drawing of the Three Q&A *spoilers

The Drawing of the Three. I couldn't get my hands on this book fast enough. I loved every minute of it. It starts of with my beloved Gunslinger, Roland, losing his fingers on his right fucking hand. I was absolutely shocked and angry with Stephen King for doing that. But I soon got over it, and I was absorbed in The Drawing of the Three.

What was your favorite moment of this book?

What did you first think Roland was going to do with Eddie?

Did you wonder how in the world Stephen King was going to get Detta/Odetta across the desert without any legs?

Who was your favorite minor character?

What surprised you the most about this book?

Besides fighting naked, what was the coolest thing about Eddie?

What part bugged you or that you didn't like about this book?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well this book is hands down amazing and picking one thing is super hard. I would have to make mention of the naked fighting and of course the death of Mort. That fucking bastard.

Also, I loved how quickly Roland learned how to load and unload his gun single handed with his left hand just as fast as he could with his right.

I wasn't sure actually. I couldn't believe it really. After the airplane ride, I thought Roland would just take over and discard the body to the lobsters. But, when Roland helped Eddie with the coke and Eddie helped Roland by feeding him and getting him aspirin, I thought Eddie would most likely stick around a bit.

Did you wonder how in the world Stephen King was going to get Detta/Odetta across the desert without any legs?

Seriously, at first I thought SK was crazy, for writing in a person who would obviously help them along the way, be in a wheelchair. It just seemed to difficult to keep up. boy was I wrong. Susuannah proved to be tough as nails and put together. And bless her, you gotta love Detta for putting up one hell of a fight.

First of all, fuck gretta shaw. Second, I would have to say Old Double Ugly makes some pretty funny remarks and sure as shit gets his ass handed to him on a plate....or something like that.

Eddie. He turned out to be amazing. He dragged Roland's sick ass across the desert and fell in love with Odetta and helped her to become his beloved susannah.

Everything else. That boy rocked this book hands down, imo. He dragged Roland around. saved him plenty of times and helped him get well by providing the right information for him to get antibiotics. good on ya, eddie.

Honestly, I can't think of a thing.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    The Drawing of the Three. I couldn't get my hands on this book fast enough. I loved every minute of it. It starts of with my beloved Gunslinger, Roland, losing his fingers on his right fucking hand. I was absolutely shocked and angry with Stephen King for doing that. But I soon got over it, and I was absorbed in The Drawing of the Three.

I was completely absorbed too. It's hard to pick a favorite moment. I'd say Edddie and Roland fighting at Balazar's.

Kidnap him. Which is basically what he did at first. I just wasn't sure why.

Nope, it didn't even occur to me to wonder when I first read it. I was too caught up in the story.

Balazar

The trivial pursuit question that actually had Johnny Cash as the correct answer.

His love for odetta.

There wasn't any.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The trivial pursuit question that actually had Johnny Cash as the correct answer.

yeah, that was pretty hilarious in a not so hilarious way but I still laughed.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I laugh EVERY time I read it.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The entire book. One part is not better than the rest....well, maybe the shootout.

I had no idea! I guess I thought he was going to kidnap or kill him.

No. I don't remember thinking that, though it would make sense for it to cross my mind.

Old Double Ugly for sure.

The creation of Susannah. I was confused, surprised and a little wary about the idea that Susannah became the 3rd person drawn. I'm glad we had DT3 to see the real third.

Eddie was hysterical and I felt early on that he and Roland would become friends. I believe you can go here for more.

Only that it ended and I had to wait for more. This was the book that really made me a DT Junkie!.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

all of it. If I had to choose only one, it would be Roland in Mort's body in New York.

I thought very much what actually happened afterwards: that he will draw him, - I didn't try to guess which way - and they will eventually become friends.

No. I had had a long King experience by that time and knew he would find a way.

Mort

That such a brilliant, wonderful, amazing book could be writted as a continuation of the horrid, hideous Gunslinger!!!

the steel that was mentioned so often. He could have just curled up and died, and let Roland die, too, but he didn't.

I was bored by everything directly drug-related.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Great thread Sarah

All of the stuff in NYC. I love and miss NYC and was glad it played such a major role in this book during several different time periods.

I figured he would somehow bring him into his world, I just wasn't sure exactly how that was going to happen.

Nope. If Roland could get Odetta into his world, he could get her across the desert.

Mort. He's one of King's intriguing villains. I enjoyed reading the parts of Roland being inside Mort's body/mind.

Eddie's ability to fight. Surprising in a good way. I thought Roland would have to do most of the shooting at Balazar's but Eddie proved himself early.

he just felt like a genuine New Yorker to me and i mean that as high praise.

none of it. i've always loved every last bit of this book[/QUOTE]

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When Mort was killed and Odetta was thus avenged - I was so thirsty for that man's blood!

I wasn't sure Roland would tolerate him for long, but it seemed clear there was more to Eddie than met the eye.

No - I don't "think" much when I read a book for the first time - I just sort of absorb and visualise it, its not until I've put it down that I start thinking about the hows and whys.

Blaine - man, what a cliff hanger!!

How obsessed I became after reading it.

Everything! I love his humour, its so inappropriate and random and betrays a more sensitive person underneath...so, the depth of his character I guess.

Really can't think of a thing!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland high jacking Mort's body and using it to fulfill his own agenda.

Use him in some form or another, which he basically did.

Didn't really give it much thought.

Andolini. I loved the exchanges between him and Eddie prior to the latter's drawing.

The copious amount of racial slurs/references.

That he managed to single-handedly keep Roland alive, and of course - the wise cracks

What part bugged you or that you didn't like about this book:

As with The Gunslinger, I enjoyed every page of this book.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

daggers, , that was The Wastelands.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

daggers, , that was The Wastelands.
    Jeez! She's in charge of Towerpedia...?

*edit* I think that was Lisa, not Daggers.
    Regardless...I'm not sure Lisa is who we want writing our Tower connections/wiki articles.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did mean darkers.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Traveler _Sphynx_ is on a distinguished road _Sphynx_'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was your favorite moment of this book? Probably when Andolini got devoured by the lobstrosities.
    ninja edit: Crap, I forgot about Mort. I take back the Andolini bit, the entire time Roland is in Mort's mind is my favourite. Damn that was nice.

What did you first think Roland was going to do with Eddie? Probably use him as a bargainning chip of some sort. Up until that point, I wasn't aware that Roland had any compassion anymore.

Did you wonder how in the world Stephen King was going to get Detta/Odetta across the desert without any legs? Not really, but I don't tend to think ahead like that. Once I get into a book, I'm just taken along for the ride.

Who was your favorite minor character? Aaron Deepneau all the way. I have no idea, I just love this guy to death.

What surprised you the most about this book? When I first read it, I think it was that Roland actually was much deeper than the walking gun he was in the first book.

Besides fighting naked, what was the coolest thing about Eddie? What's not cool about him? Ok, ok, I'd have to say just the way he handled himself when the shit hit the fan the many times that it did, for him.

Susannah. Bleh, I can't stand her.

Also, fun fact, The Drawing of The Three is my favourite book in the series. It's just so much fun.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland's speech to Eddie at the end, followed closely by Roland's orgasms over the Pepsi and the availibility of bullets.

Use him however he felt he needed to. You could always tell that Roland was practical.

Nope. She had a wheelchair.

Mr. Katz

How short it was.

His sense of humor has always been the coolest thing. He lived to entertain himself.

That Detta never got to have a shootout with a tribe of Honk Mafahs.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

When Roland realises that he wants to love (as he is watching Eddie and Susannah hugging on the beach).

It was such a long time ago so it's not easy to remember but I was sure Eddie would be used like a tool.

I had no time to wonder about it just after I finished the book.

I will come back to find out this one.

The way Eddie's brother died. I was shocked. And the way Eddie handled it... that was something.
    And that Mort got killed. It was hard to accept that he wasn't the third.

That he could stand and be true from the beginning.

I loved every letter of it.

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Regardless...I'm not sure Lisa is who we want writing our Tower connections/wiki articles.
    !!!

I'll go for Mort then

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    !!!

I'll go for Mort then
    It's not just you. There's other folks in this thread mistaking characters and events from Book 3 as having taken place in this book, which is horrifying to me, because, while I consider "The Drawing of the Three" to be the best fiction book I've ever read, I also consider "The Wastelands" to be one of the worst books King has ever written.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I also consider "The Wastelands" to be one of the worst books King has ever written.
    Wow.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I also consider "The Wastelands" to be one of the worst books King has ever written.
    Wow.
    What? I loved the Wastelands and I thought it was a great book.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes... I, too thought it was one of the best... very high on my list of all King books, and rather high on that of all books ever written by anyone...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes... I, too thought it was one of the best... very high on my list of all King books, and rather high on that of all books ever written by anyone...
    as usual, i agree with the bear. Waste Lands is high on my list of all-time fav books by any author. of all the DT books it's prob the one i've re-read the most. for a long time it was the last one and i re-read it over and over again waiting for the day a book 4 would be written.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland and Eddie on the plane. Also the shootout at Balazars

As silly as this may sound, I thought Roland was just going to use Eddies body to see what was going on around Eddie at the time. But then he drew Eddie into his world.

I kinda figured either Eddie or Roland would have to carry her

Mort

How Roland was able to draw Eddie and Susannah into his world like he did

His sarcasm and wit, and being great under pressure which actually surprized me

The part where Eddie was a drug mule

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Roland using Mort...every bit of that was awesome.

Honestly, I had no idea where the story was going. There were too many possibilities. I just figured he'd use him for something.

I didn't give it much thought other than wishing she would have stopped being such a difficult b*tch.

Mort, because he tied so much together. F'n sicko.

I think almost every part of this book was a surprise. If I picked one thing, I guess Eddie fighting naked was pretty out of the norm.

His wise-cracks and his dedication to his brother.

Although it was perfect for her to be this way, Detta was f'n annoying. I hated when she would show up, making Eddie feel like crap over and over.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

When Roland was operating the Mort machine.

Pull him into Roland's world.

I wondered if she would have legs in Roland's world, but I believed the wheelchair would come across with her if not.

All of them!

Eddie. He turned out to be amazing. He dragged Roland's sick ass across the desert and fell in love with Odetta and helped her to become his beloved susannah.

Besides fighting naked, what was the coolest thing about Eddie?Everything else. That boy rocked this book hands down, imo. He dragged Roland around. saved him plenty of times and helped him get well by providing the right information for him to get antibiotics. good on ya, eddie.
    ^Agreed 100%!

Hrm. Not real fond of Odetta/Detta, but other than that... nothing.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast