Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

oh damn. better recognize.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I'm glad that I now know how to stop an exploding man.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Done and dusted SJ

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

ah. thanks, lisa.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

OH, heh...I started a new thread on this. New season, Sept. 24.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

yes, you did. we merged them.

what trickery is this? this...merging? think you can rewrite history can you?

and I'll tell you how to stop an exploding man. show him pictures of naked old woman going to the bathroom.

and I shall leave you with that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't the first season come out on dvd today? I have to check this show out since so many of ya'll seem to love it.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

yes, today.

do it lance.

( i still like lost better, though. )

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Lost better too. Heroes started off so promising, but lost it half way imo. Like the stuff with Niki and DL finding out how Linderman had manipulated their lives - it was mentioned in a really off the cuff way, it should have been a massive revelation...it wasn't the acting that was bad - it was the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I like Lost better too. Heroes started off so promising, but lost it half way imo. Like the stuff with Niki and DL finding out how Linderman had manipulated their lives - it was mentioned in a really off the cuff way, it should have been a massive revelation...it wasn't the acting that was bad - it was the script.
    exactly. there was so much that *could have* been done with this show, but it seems that they decided they wanted to do the opposite of what lost did. "let's not make anyone wait for any answers! we'll blow our wad immediately, m'kay?"

it's what kept the show from being, you know...good. i still watch it, but i'm not sure why.

Exactamundo. When Heroes first started (ep. 1-11), I was more into it than Lost. There were a lot of great ways that the story could unfold. They came back from the hiatus and it was like they had forgotten where they were going in the first place. At that point in time, Lost had only aired the first 6 eps of season 3, and i was starting to lose some interest there. So I had Heroes way above Lost.

Obviously, both of those shows went in opposite directions from there on. Heroes started to decline a little, and Lost effing skyrocketed. Don't get me wrong, even after the hiatus there were really strong episodes (company man, distractions, parasite). Every show has some slow episodes. Heroes needed a season finale that would blow people away, and I don't think it succeeded there.

HOWEVER!
    We should only rate season one of Lost to season one of Heroes. In my opinion, Lost really found its stride in the second season, and I'm hoping Heroes does the same.

*crosses his nerdy fanboy fingers*

this is why mike beck is my BSFF. we agree on everything.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

When I started seeing the commercials for the first season, I was like, fucken aye! However, I was disapointed with how slow it took off. So much character development. But of course, I had realize it wasn't a movie.
    I like it. Fox did something like it a few years ago, course it was cheap. When they had the whole "invisible man" part, I kept thinking of Mystery Men when the one kid has to take his clothes off and everyone has to turn around so he can turn invisible!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't get me wrong - I be watching Season 2 avidly - but, as Mike said, with fingers crossed.

I think my favourite ep of season one was the black and white flashback ep (was that Company Man?) that was pure class.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

So Heroes will still be on Mondays then? Sweet. I used to have to tivo that shit because I had school Monday nights... but now, no more school so I can watch it when it's on. Yay!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

yep yep. same day, same time. less than four weeks to go.

oh sara you know it. bsff ever ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    So Heroes will still be on Mondays then? Sweet. I used to have to tivo that shit because I had school Monday nights... but now, no more school so I can watch it when it's on. Yay!
    i shall hold my thumbs, then, that my baby doesn't arrive on a monday.

ps. ever ever ever
    Last edited by sarajean; 08-30-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: clarification. i refer to hannah's baby as mine. no, i am not knocked up *again*.

My Mood
    Amused

I've been waiting for a show like this for awhile. I can't wait for sept 24!!

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BUMPING THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, ok. I've been a fan of this show from the first episode, but was I a little disappointed in the season premier tonight? Yeah, a little, but still excited about this season.

It started a slower than I expected, but I'm assuming it's just easing us into the good stuff.

I LOVE Tsensai (sp?). His dry humor kicks ass and Hiro's blantant confusion about "his" hero is great. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Claire's buddy? I didn't see that one coming, perhaps I was tired from the cook-a-thon I did, because I felt a big "duh" when I was him levitating. But I think he's gonna be bad news. Obviously they are setting it up for Claire to need someone to confide in because she is lonely, so he's totally going to screw her over. Besides, he knows who/what she is, that's apparent.

Little Molly pulled a real Regan McNeil didn't she? Screaming at Matt like that? What's up?

Can't wait to check this thread back tomorrow and check the other Heroes junkies comments! (cough, cough...MIKE BECK!)
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

did someone say my name?

*looks around suspiciously*

hmm. must've been the wind then.

ah. well. I really liked last night's episode. i dig the whole older generation being hunted down by whoever the F that was on the roof.

my buddy had me convinced that Nathan was actually Peter who somehow took on Candice's power to appear as Nathan. And that he also absorbed Niki's schizo power thing (the mirror business). and then that all got scrapped when Peter showed up in Ireland.

wtf.

anyway, i am digging it so far. that maya chick made the black oil come out of people's faces. pretty x-files.

rest in peace, kaito nakamura.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

That dude on the roof will most likely be wearing a shadowy hood for most of the season. I think one of his powers is to cast shadow around a hoodie, because I have never seen one hide a face that much.

I really enjoyed when Bennet laid it down for the boss where he works now. I may have cheered out loud a bit while sitting and watching it alone.

Also, for anyone who is an avid comic reader......Legacy Virus, anyone? They stole that shit right out of 1990s X-men.

I bet that girl is going to end up being an energy vampire like Sauron from X-Men comics too.

I expect that Clare's new friend will end up being more than a flyer. there's already a flyer on the show and I doubt they would introduce another.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed the episode and can't wait for the next one.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Amused

Dude, totally love the show!!

I did want to see kaito fight with that goddamn sword!

i love the idea of the older generation being hunted down. parkman is cool, bennet is the man. oChriso, we were all cheering when he fucked his boss up. That dude reminded me of Locke's boss at the box company on Lost. Just a total young shmuck. Bennet is great.

What the hell is going on with my boy, Pete?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea Sulu was Hiro's father

I watched last night, I was a bit confused but overall it seemed like some good TV.

<--first exposure.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast