Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

A little behind you guys over here in the UK, but I'm loving this series nevertheless.
    Discuss, theorize...feed me spoilers!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I just watched the season finale tonight with my group of friends who get together for it every monday. It is the ebst show on television right now. I look forward to it more than Lost most weeks, and that is saying a lot. I can't wait for season 2.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice Baradin is on a distinguished road Baradin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

Default Heroes - Season One **SPOILERS IMMINENT**

Well Now that Season one is over, what do you think? Personally I was very happy with the entire season. I think they set us up for a very nice ride. Well written characters, great plot, and amazing sub stories kept this show running without all the bad that happened to LOST (mind you second season is where Lost jumped the shark IMO, so lets hope Heroes doesn't fall that way.)

The only character I could have done without is Nikki/Jessica, but thats cause I can't stand Ali Larter. Had she been anyone else (Eliza Dushku Yeah!!) I would have had NO complaints.

As Hiro would say "YAAATAAAAAA!!!!" And man does the first episode of Volume two look like it's gonna be a humdinger!!
    "And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I used to be really annoyed by Mohinder, but by the time he had his run in
    Spoiler:
    with Sylar, and recognized him for who he was
    I started to like him. He's also pretty hot. So that's a bonus.

I loved when Ando said to Hiro, "you look badass". It made me laugh how much that cheered Hiro up.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Baradin View Post
    The only character I could have done without is Nikki/Jessica, but thats cause I can't stand Ali Larter. Had she been anyone else (Eliza Dushku Yeah!!) I would have had NO complaints.
    I'd only ever seen Ali Larter in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back before, so I was really impressed with her in this show. I think shes believably nice and evil by turns so she works for me - what don't you like about her?

I love Eliza D, but she is forever typecast as Faith in my mind

My Mood
    Cool

I just don't like her acting style I suppose. I find her rather wooden and unconvincing. Her only goodish role, IMO, was Final Destination (the first one). And seriously I think I woulda cast, ummm.... If they coulda gotten her Christina Ricci.
    "And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i still hate mohinder. with a passion.

the finale last night was good...until all the cheese.

i'm looking forward to next season, though...and the origins mini-series, as well.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mini series? Who, what, where and when?

My Mood
    Cool

Yeah this summer is supposed to be a 4 episode "Mini series"

Also The Following Characters are Guaranteed next season (anyone I don't mention hasn't been confirmed):
    Sylar
    Peter Petrelli (Emo McDroopylip)
    Claire Bennet
    Hiro Nakamura (Now there's some arguement as to whether or not Takezo Kensai is actually his Father - could be it looked like Sulu under that mask....)

No one else is solid confirmed from any of the places I searched (wiki, nbc ect)

Anyone have a date for the start of the Miniseries or Volume 2?

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

first off "Emo McDroopylip" is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

I do not make plans with my friends on monday nights. People say "Wanna go out monday night?" My stock answer is "Cant. Heroes is on."

Obsess much. Possibly lol

I liked the finale, except for the Superman 4 ending.
    I cant wait for "Origins" and Volume two to come out.
    And no matter what Blake says, I'm still convinced that Linderman is the Petrellis father
    I lurk, therefore I am.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

^Whoa, thats so what I've been thinking too!!

Emo McDroopylip - poor Pete!! Its an endearing feature Although I have to admit to my favourite ep so far was watching him get character assasinated by the invisible man and pushed off a roof

My Mood
    Cool

I was cheering when Sylar cut off that emokid lock of hair : evil Sylar grin :

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

i read that origins will be during sweeps next february...not this summer.

i'm hoping i'm wrong.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    first off "Emo McDroopylip" is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

he drives me crazy! I usually fast forward through all his scenes

I liked the finale, except for the Superman 4 ending.

that's exactly what is was!

EDIT:

oh and I hate this show and I'm not watching it next season.

(i reserve the right to change my mind without notice )

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Psssht. You know you will be watching it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I TOTALLY don't see a Superman 4 ending...

For one thing, the ending of Heroes was actually watchable...

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

My overall opinion of the Heroes finale... flat. The final showdown was sort of meh.
    Again, that's my opinion.

I still love the show and can't wait for next season.

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

You know, even though I really enjoyed the finale, I do agree it was a bit flat. I've been wanting an epic Peter VS Sylar fight since I came to the conclusion that Peter is a perfected version of Sylar, and the end of "Five Years Gone" only made me want to see the fight even more. But they spent too much time setting up all the heroes getting out of Linderman's office, so the fight just sort of fell flat. I did like that Isaac Mendez's portrayal of Hiro defeating Sylar came true; Isaac was one of my favorite characters, and he will be sorely missed by me, even though I totally saw his death coming.

Speaking of Isaac, I really hope they keep putting his paintings throughout the next season. Maybe someone can bust out a cashe of paintings he hid somewhere, so he can go on making predictions into the next season. As a huge comic book fan that I am, I couldn't help but like the artwork that Tim Sale did for the show; I want to see more. When the first season comes out on DVD, I'm really hoping they package the DVD set with a booklet of the paintings. Or hell, release an "Art of Heroes" book. I'd buy it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooh - Company Man aired here last night...it was AWESOME!!!! Really unexpected background info on HRG...and Hiro's dad!! Holy macaroni!! Is he the boss of the organization? Is he Linderman?

My Mood
    Cool

Did anyone else notice that Sylar had painted Uluru/wolfman in his own blood (as a future telling like Issac) right before he got dragged down into the sewer? Hold on I'll get a screencap and post the pic.

Hmmm... A new bigger badder Badass? Someone to control even Sylar? Stay tuned eh?

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

I hadn't noticed that, but the little girl with the tracking powers did mention a person that was way more evil than Syylar who could see her when she tried to look for him.

I still thing it is the Eye of Sauron though.

My Mood
    Cool

Well we've seen multiple paintings (by Issac) of a big rock like beastie (Uluru) who I am assuming is the next ubervillian.

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Default Heroes, the TV series, fans?

Anyone a Heroes fan? Second season starts Sept. 24, 2007. I liked the first season. I thought it was a bit slow, LOTS of character development. Couple episodes erked me. What's your thoughts?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

what it is, Mordred. I'm a fan of the show. And I agree with you, there were times when it was a bit slow. the last part of the season felt a little rushed or something after that hiatus. The momentum dropped. But Lost season 1 had some iffy moments too, so I'm gonna withhold my judgement on Heroes until this season is underway.

anyway, the characters are great. the style of the show is great. i'm excited to see where they go with the story now.

i'm psyched. the few previews out there look pretty rad as hell.

<---is a heroes fan, as well. however, this should be merged with the pre-existing heroes thread.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast