Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: favorite parts of my favorite book.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The trasparent floor scared the sugar outta me. I was so wrapped up in the story that I felt like i was there.

another favorite part is jake running through lud with gasher. run cully, run.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    another favorite part is jake running through lud with gasher. run cully, run.
    that part got to me. here roland has just gotten jake back and now some psycho kidnaps him and badgers him through this mad urban underworld. great scenes. good thing oy was there or roland would never have seen jake again.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I literally gasped when Oy almost didn't make the jump and Jake had to save him. Its hard to believe that was right after we met Oy and I was already very much in love with him.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam timtempest6 is on a distinguished road timtempest6's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have all 7 books on cd and can't go to sleep without them playing
    <a href="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=454365726& albumID=0&imageID=6916662"img src="http://hotlink.myspacecdn.com/images02/98/24f3b2758ce84f1a89cffc63e6affd42/m.jpg" alt="damn i look good here" //a>

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by timtempest6 View Post
    I have all 7 books on cd and can't go to sleep without them playing
    ... from the first sentence to the last.

That's what bears do before they go off to hibernate, but it's only once a year

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... from the first sentence to the last.

That's what bears do before they go off to hibernate, but it's only once a year
    Do you start on the 19th of whatever month you start it in?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the revealing of how sadistic Blaine very is was some how entertaining to me just his genius put to his suicidal plan

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Along the Path of the Beam childeluke is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

#1 moment: Roland coming to the Tower, running through the field of roses.(my heart was pumping, and all i could hear was "naaa, na na na-nana-naaa, na-nana-naaa, hey jude!")

#2 moment: Eddies first appearance on the beach.

#3 moment: Oy announcing himself at Calla Bryn Sturgis.

#4 moment: Walter explaining the Tower to Roland.

#5 moment: Seeing the plaque of the Tet Corporation.

#6 moment: Roland on mescaline, fucking a demon.

#7 moment: Jakes reappearance since his death.

#8 moment: The shoot out at the Leaning Tower.

#9 moment: Eddie driving Blaine insane.

#10 moment: Jake getting the note from his teacher saying that he's a genius.(blaine is pain poem).

etc.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Eddie's first dream of the Tower. One of many good parts.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Just finished this one again, and I'm thinking one of my favorite parts is when Roland stands up to Blaine when they are on their way to Topeka.
    "Now you will listen to ME!"
    He's just such a badass.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Also one of my favorite parts, the part of the series where we first get to see a manifestation of the Crimson King.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Also one of my favorite parts, the part of the series where we first get to see a manifestation of the Crimson King.
    You're so correct. Many people actually miss it, or ignore it. Lots of folk say that the CK wasn't mentioned at all until book 4 or 5 which isn't true. I am thinking specifically of the glowing red eyes that is seen on the Tower....

You're so correct. Many people actually miss it, or ignore it. Lots of folk say that the CK wasn't mentioned at all until book 4 or 5 which isn't true. I am thinking specifically of the glowing red eyes that is seen on the Tower....
    Right, the glowing red eyes the size of Shardik and the cyclopean shaped clouds rushing towards him. What creature do we know of that has multiple eyes afterall?

Country
    Country Flag

Some people remember what they want to remember. *shrugs*
    One of these days I am going to pay extra, extra attention to The Drawing of the Three because I am sure there has to be some small reference to the CK in there too. I can't recall anything that would suggest it now but...

Hmmmmm. Next time I do a re-read of the series I'll have to pay attention, cause I'm sure I would have noticed that.

Country
    Country Flag

Me too actually. It's possible though...*shrugs*

How are your shoulders this evening? You've been doing a lot of shrugging..

*shrugs*

Country
    Country Flag

*shrugs*
    They're ok.

Another favorite part of this book is the illustration of Eddie in the field of roses looking up at the Tower. Awesome picture!

Besides the pictures of it in DT7, that picture is my favorite of the Dark Tower in the series. I used to have it as my desktop wallpaper.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh, I think that is my favorite picture of the series. Should that be a poll question?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

You're in charge of this section, if you want to, do it.

*shrugs*
    They're ok.

Another favorite part of this book is the illustration of Eddie in the field of roses looking up at the Tower. Awesome picture!
    i love that pic too, except eddie's dressed all wrong. have i mentioned this before? still a great pic though.

I've never even noticed how Eddie's dressed in that picture.

he's dressed as he would be if he weren't supposed to be wearing Jake's piper uniform like he does in the dream

Next time I do a re-read, another thing I'll have to pay attention to...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast