Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Roland and Eddie *end of series spoilers*

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

interesting indeed... I always had an impression that Mr King not only loved Eddie, but intended him to become everyone's favorite (like Richie Tozier, or Larry Underwood, who are both very similar to him) - and, to my taste, overdid it a little, but that's quite another story

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    interesting indeed... I always had an impression that Mr King not only loved Eddie, but intended him to become everyone's favorite (like Richie Tozier, or Larry Underwood, who are both very similar to him) - and, to my taste, overdid it a little, but that's quite another story
    I got the same impression, that King loved Eddie and loved writing for and about Eddie. For one thing, King has a great sense of humor and I always feel this comes out best in characters like Eddie or Larry or Dinky Earnshaw [basically, wise-asses].

Also, I don't think the timing of Eddie's death signals anything about King's feelings for Eddie. If anything I think he killed Eddie first because of how difficult a blow that would be for us to take. It shouldn't have surprised anyone that their would be deaths in the ka-tet before the end, and had I been asked to bet on who would be first, I'd have gone with Eddie all the way. I think Eddie knew that too.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    If anything I think he killed Eddie first because of how difficult a blow that would be for us to take.
    precisely

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

As if you were talking about another book... really. It's not bad that's why we are here to meet new views but I am.. shocked. If anyone was in the background (and nit disliked just a bit in the background) I would say it was Susannah but it's not true either because in fact book 6 is so much about her... all of them were the heroes of this book so... wow Cloud.

Roland would have understood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I guess without any specifics from the books, I'm still not understanding how Eddie was ignored and not liked. I'm glad you're a DT Junkie Relevant, but I feel really bad for you that you saw Eddie as you did. Truly.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

RelevantCloud9, I disagree with every word of your post. I've never heard anyone describe Eddie that way. I personally never thought that. To me, Eddie was born a Gunslinger and needed a bit of nudging to get it out but out it came, imo.

For me, Eddie is one of my top five favorite characters ever written in all the books I've read.

I love that we have this site so we can all see everyones opinions and thoughts and ideas. Thank you for posting

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RelevantCloud9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RelevantCloud9 View Post
    I thought that somewhere before the end SK was going to throw in some actual relationship between Eddie and Roland. Like they were really brothers or father and son.
    Would have been interesting.
    Lovers?

Sorry I said in anything.
    It was just a feeling I had while reading the books.
    I never got the impression that they were friends.
    Sometimes I wondered why SK even created Eddie, he didn't seem to like him very much.
    Nobody seemed to like him very much, even Susannah.
    They treated him like an outsider and a idiot.
    And SK even killed him first.

Sorry.
    Ah Jesus Christ Relevant I was just messing around. Don't get all sensitive on me.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2