Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hobbies and Collections

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides all things King!
    • All the Dune Books - all the recent ones signed
    • Other authors too - Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein, Ursula K. Leguin, Joe Hill, J.K. Rowling, Christopher Paolini, Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson, Mitch Albom, Grisham, ...
    • Comic Books - all the Dark Tower with variants, The Stand with Variants, Joe Hill's Locke & Key
    • Audio Books
    • Hess Trucks - you buy them annually at Hess Gas Stations - some are worth a pretty penny - all from 1989 through 2005 - my boys didn't want any more after that - they are sitting on a gold mine and do not even know it!
    • Signed Baseballs - Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Mike Mussina, Robinson Canoe, Francisco Liriano, Yogi Berra, Pete Rose, Alphonso Soriano, Elrod Hendricks, Melky Cabrerra, Mariano Rivera, Reggie Jackson, Dave Winfield, Cal Ripken, Whitey Ford, Stan Musial, Don Mattingly, Mickey Mantle (well someday I hope)... - you may notice a theme surrounding The Big Apple!
    • Team Pennants - Yankees (several), all local (to Wash, DC) professional teams (Skins, Wizards, DC United, Capitals, Prince William Cannons (Single A Yankee Affiliate); college pennants from CNU, GMU, Virginia Tech
    • Baseball Caps - OMG too many to even think about from my HS in 1971 (Hudson falls Tigers) to my kids HS from last year (CD Hylton Bulldogs), to the Field of Screams in Bangor, Yankees, more Yankees, even more Yankees, FBI Academy, Boy Scouts, ... the list goes on and on and on!!!
    • Uncirculated New State Quarters - so far 9 of 10 years collected. Thats uncirculated Philladelphia and Denver Mints for 45 of the 50 new state quarters produced thus far - will complete the collection this year when the last set of five becomes available!
    • Other Coins/Money - Silver Dollars, Kennedy Halfs, Mercury Dimes, Buffalo Nickels, Wheat Pennies, Silver Certificants, Sacajawea Dollar coins, Susan B Anthony Dollar coins,
    • I used to collect records - the old fashioned LPs; then 8-tracks, then Cassettes, now CDs and MP3s - Rock, Hard Rock, Southern Rock, Acid Rock, Heavy Metal - favs include Lez Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heap, Bob Seger, John Cougar Mellancamp, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allmand Brothers, The Greatful Dead, New Riders of the Purple Sage, The Who, Emerson Lake & Palmer, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Cars, The Police, Springsteen, George Thoroughgood & the Destroyers, Offspring, C, S, N & Y, ZZ Top, Tom Petty, REO Speedwagon, Yes, Mountain, ...
    • Movies - first on Beta Max, then VHS, now DVDs - all King, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, Men In Black, all blockbusters, ...
    • My daughter collects all things Lucille Ball - even has her autograph!
    • T-Shirts - every place I go I gotta have a T-Shirt! My wife just cringes when we see the sales booths!

I guess you could say we collect too god dam much! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I play music (guitar). I play a lot but I have no illusions of doing it professionally (nor the talent) so it is a hobby.

I don't collect anything per se, but I do have a vast music library which is growing all the time. Buying cd's is an addiction.
    Out of curiousity R_of_G, do you buy off iTunes and/or do you rip all your CDs to your library?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I collect Star Trek books

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Out of curiousity R_of_G, do you buy off iTunes and/or do you rip all your CDs to your library?
    I have purchased a small amount of music from iTunes when people have given me iTunes gift cards as gifts, but the vast majority of stuff in my digital library started as cd's that I ripped into it.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's some of my stuff

The original basic/jungle/fossil sets of pokemon cards:

Stickers, mainly Japanese, that I have on my art portfolio case:

Other than that I collect books, music (itunes, cd, cassette and vinyl, although I rarely buy vinyl these days) and Doom Patrol comics.

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have one or two hobbies, my first is playing guitar (have a small
    collection of paul reed smith guitars).Second would be gardening,
    growing your own veg is great and tastes a lot better.I had a third,
    brewing beer+wine but stopped (well told to stop)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

3 Doors Down - you should post some pics of your PRS guitars. PRS makes some really sweet looking guitars. I'd love to see.

I play too. I don't collect guitars, though I would if I could afford to. I currently have a Gibson ES-135 and a Squire Strat. I would love to add a Telecaster to the family.

Traveler Louise is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Recently joined the gym and have decided that fitness is my new hobby! I'm going to the gym 3 times a week and swimming at least twice a week! I have also just quit smoking, which had been a nasty hobby for quite a few years!
    Besides that, i spend a lot of evening walking on the beach with my dog and with summer comming up, i'll be spending some of that time swimming in the sea with my dog too

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

I have beem a collector of old military arms, flintlocks to m1garrands. Also run a thourally unprofitable gunsmithing home bisuness.
    Second, well you ever see the history channel? You know those guys that are in the backgound wearing uniforms that nobody has worn in quite some time? Yep, thats me, I am a reenactor. This hobby got me in to the one at the top. Have done and still have the gear for everything from French and indian war (7 years war for you european types)to ww2. ww2 is my current love. Where else do you get to engage real people with real weapons and not worry about death? And we all get up and have a beer after wards...

There is just something nice about wasting (simulated) a Kraut with a thompson....

And the tragic thing is my wife approves and dose it with me! She dose french resistance though, thourally under apprechiated in my opinion.

Spell check is broke, dammit!!!!

" I kill with my heart"

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I used to collect business cards...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3