Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany...

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

:coffee: Bethany...

I know it's a little early (not really, it's already tomorrow for Zonie and a few others) but I don't know if I'm staying up late tonight and I'm always running late in the mornings. Anyways, here's a bit about me and I'll get up a new picture or two when the firstborn heathen returns the camera. Please ask lots of questions so I don't feel like a failure.

First and foremost, I’d like to come clean and let everyone know that while you all know me as bethany, my real name is in fact Bethany. Whew! I feel so much better now that I’ve come clean with that. For those of you that have been around for a while, I was veronicagrogan thedarktower.net but I haven’t gone by that in quite some time. Now that the formalities are over, let’s get started....

I am an Alabama girl, born and bred. I love living in the South and having so much history all around me. I am one of seven siblings but was the “baby” for 16 years. Sadly, I was usurped in one fell swoop and became the middle child of five in one afternoon when the adoption of my younger brother and sister was finalized. If you’ve been paying attention, you should know that I have three lovely girls (all of them have hair of gold, like their mother) and they keep me very busy.

Reading has always been a part of my life, I honestly cannot remember not being able to read. My grandmother has always loved telling the story of how one day when I was no more than 2, I picked up the newspaper and just began reading to my cousin. The very first book I checked out from the library was Black Beauty when I was only 5 years old. The librarian broke my heart and made me cry when she initially refused to let me have the book and tried to foist stupid Babar on me. However, she, with open mouthed wonder, allowed me to have free run of the library when I astounded her with my reading ability. I was a voracious reader from that point on, devouring everything from VC Andrews to Harold Robbins to all of the classics while still in elementary school. Asking me to remember what books I read when and in what order is like asking an alcoholic to chronicle all of their drinks. However, I do know that when I was about 11, my Daddy dropped off a bag of books for me that included a little tome called Pet Semetary. I can’t remember if I had read any SK prior to that but I know that’s the book that hooked me.

Fast forward several years, and I’m married to my high school sweetheart and expecting my first baby. I was stockpiling books to have on hand for when I was on maternity leave and came across two SK books that I’d never heard of–The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three–for a quarter each. I bought them, read them, tossed them and never gave them another thought until I came across The Waste Lands in a used book store and realized that I had stumbled across something much bigger than I had ever thought. How was I to know that the fifty cents I spent back in September 1991 was really admission to an entirely new world? When I finally got a computer in January 2004, thedarktower.net was literally the first website I checked out and I was instantly a fan. I was very shy and did not post much because I was still leery of the “internet freaks”. However, the seeds of some very good friendships were planted there and I am still enjoying the benefits today.

When I’m not playing around online or raising my daughters, I work with my state’s version of Child Protective Services.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

bangoskank1

wow....good stuff..not only do you look like my mom but you have the same profression as my wife....too creepy...way too creepy

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

bangoskank1

lmao..

Pirate Lover Lee is on a distinguished road Lee's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to know how you got so crafty...What led you to start sewing and making things? Your girls? Or have you always done that?
    You're going to want it.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

hey bethany aka Bethany.

What is your favorite shirt?

What was your favorite thing about The Indiana Jones Movies?

What is your morning routine?

Who is your personal hero?

What is your second favorite website?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Angelic

What led you to start sewing and making things? Your girls? Or have you always done that?
    My mother and grandmother both sewed and I guess I just picked it up. I can remember making clothes for my Barbies when I was 5 or 6. FYI--a dinner plate is the perfect size to use as a pattern for a 50's style skirt for Barbie. I didn't start smocking until Savannah was 5.

What is your favorite shirt?

Hmm...tee would be the pirate one I got in Savannah that says "The beating will continue until morale improves." Otherwise, it's a light pink tunic style shirt that has silver sparklies on the neck and down the front.

What was your favorite thing about The Indiana Jones Movies?

/me hangs head in shame. I've only seen the first one. I've had Temple of Doom at home from Netflix for over a month now and have yet to watch it. So right now, I'll say Harrison Ford. *drools*

What is your morning routine?
    Summertime routine is ignore the alarm that goes off at 6:30 until I get up at 7:00, shower, drink my coffee while I check email and my websites, dress, slap some make up on and then zoom to work.

Right now, that would be my niece Mallory. She has MD and is being treated horribly by the school system. There is not a single restroom she can use at the high school, nor was there one at the middle school. She and her parents have been fighting the school in Federal Court and now with the Office of Civil Rights for several years now with no results. She speaks eloquently on the issues she faces and is quick to point out that she knows nothing will be done in time to help her (she'll be a Junior in the fall) but she does not want another child to ever have to go through what she has. She's just awesome.

What is your second favorite website?

I dunno. I spend about equal time here, at Camp Doc and Myspace.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post

Right now, that would be my niece Mallory. She has MD and is being treated horribly by the school system. There is not a single restroom she can use at the high school, nor was there one at the middle school. She and her parents have been fighting the school in Federal Court and now with the Office of Civil Rights for several years now with no results. She speaks eloquently on the issues she faces and is quick to point out that she knows nothing will be done in time to help her (she'll be a Junior in the fall) but she does not want another child to ever have to go through what she has. She's just awesome.
    Ok, I must live under a rock or Im just blond. What is MD?
    You're going to want it.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Muscular Dystrophy.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, thank you.
    You're going to want it.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Angelic

Bingo, that's it.

Country
    Country Flag

How did you get into CPS?

What do you cook for supper when you have time to cook supper?

What your favorite place to dine and I dont mean fast food..

If you go to Gulf Shores, What's your fav place to eat there?
    You're going to want it.

My Mood
    Angelic

How did you get into CPS?
    My mom and stepdad became foster parents when I was 8 so I grew up with the system. I drifted in college and took classes that interested me so I ended up with a degree in Psychology--which is utterly useless at the BS level. I knew I had a job with good pay, excellent benefits and pretty much unshakable security waiting on me since everyone in the office knew me so I kinda drifted in to the position. Of course, it helps that I secretly have an incredible soft spot for kids and helping people. But that part's a secret so let's not advertise it.

What do you cook for supper when you have time to cook supper?

I actually cook most nights. Weeknights may just be tacos or hot dogs or spaghetti or something quick like that but I usually cook a real meal on the weekends.

What your favorite place to dine and I dont mean fast food..
    Overall, Fuji's--the local Japanese steakhouse (you should come over one weekend) and just plain, regular restaurant is Margarita's, the local Mexican place in Talladega.

If you go to Gulf Shores, What's your fav place to eat there?
    I've only been once and I don't remember where we ate. I know I can come to you for recommendations when needed though.

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I like asking you questions Bethany!
    You're going to want it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Bethany, I want to say that you and your newly done hair look pretty as ever in the new av.

1. Who is your number one band/musician ever?/ Favorite song by this artist?

2. What is your fondest memory (or one of) in your whole life?

3. If you could visit one place in the world, where would you go?

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What did you think when you first read Matilda, considering the similarities re: the Library?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what are your daughters' names? do they have teddy bears? did you have one when you were small?

if you could when you at last go to Europe, which country would you like to see first, and why?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Angelic

Bethany, I want to say that you and your newly done hair look pretty as ever in the new av.
    Thank you very much.

1. Who is your number one band/musician ever?/ Favorite song by this artist?

Hmmm....I've got to think about this one and get back to you.

2. What is your fondest memory (or one of) in your whole life?
    The births of my girls.

3. If you could visit one place in the world, where would you go?

I wold love to travel anywhere but right now I would say Vegas in October.

What did you think when you first read Matilda, considering the similarities re: the Library?
    I'venever read Matilda but I have seen the movie many, many times and I've never even put those two things together. Matilda is one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. The ending does not justify the horrible things that happened.

what are your daughters' names?

Savannah, Annabeth & Emily (Emmy)

do they have teddy bears?

I should have expected this question from you. Savannah had a Fozzie Bear and a big, huge teddy named Oscar when she was much younger. Emmy has a pink teddy named Nala that she got for Valentine's one year from her dad that she is very partial to. Annabeth has more bears (and bunnies and dogs and cats and.....) than I can name. She loves animals and loves going to Build A Bear Workshop.

did you have one when you were small?
    I did not .. I really didn't like stuffed animals. I did have a rag doll that my great grandmother made me named Catalou. Now, I have a keepsake/heirloom bear that is made from mother's baby blanket. I need to post a pic of him.

when you at last go to Europe, which country would you like to see first, and why?

I want to see as many as possible by Greece is first on my list because so I can smell the air. I've been told that in some places it smells just like my all time favorite product--The Olive Branch shower gel by Lush.

Good questions so far guys!@ Keep them coming and I'll check in this evening!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, great thread.

Thanks Bethany and everyone else for the questions.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have a few questions...

1 - If you were to legally change your first name, what would you change it to?

2 - Do you have any pets?

3 - Who do you prefer? New Kids on the Block or Backstreet Boys? (and you HAVE to choose one)

4 - What is your favorite book?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dig the hair!

If Sawyer cut his hair, would you let him take you out to dinner?

Who is your favourite author aside from King?

Whats your favourite word?

Do you have any pets?

Traveler dbarnetth is on a distinguished road

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

What is the funniest thing you've ever seen?

What is the biggest misconception that people generally have about you, and why is it a misconception?

My Mood
    Angelic

1 - If you were to legally change your first name, what would you change it to?

I've never given it much thought because I've always been perfectly satisfied with Bethany. Veronica I guess. Maybe Priscilla.

2 - Do you have any pets?

I have a Border Collie-Lab mix named Sparky Jean. We have an uneasy peace agreement now that I'm the man of the house.

3 - Who do you prefer? New Kids on the Block or Backstreet Boys? (and you HAVE to choose one)

No brainer--NKOTB hands down, they were the soundtrack to my youth. I danced to Please Don't Go Girl at the Homecoming Dance.

4 - What is your favorite book?
    No way I can choose just one. Black House and Talisman are way up there.

If Sawyer cut his hair, would you let him take you out to dinner?

I love that you pay attention! Yes, it wouldn't even have to be short. Just a trim to take off the weasliness of it.

Who is your favourite author aside from King?

Lewis Grizzard

Whats your favourite word?

Trichotillomania. I like saying it. Bonus points if you know what it means.

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

Wow, I have so much to choose from. My tongue is forever getting tangled up and I say the wrong thing quite frequently so that's where most of my embarrassment happens. There was the time I told my mom that the Youth Director (in front of him) had to jack my car off because it wouldn't start. The whole time I worked in radio, I called the Secretary General of the UN the "Secretary Genital".

What is the funniest thing you've ever seen?
    One of my younger sister is quite OCD and has to have everything precisely just so. When she and my other sister were about 2, maybe 3, I found them both in the bedroom. Brandy was butt naked on the bed and not only had Samantha lined pennies up in her butt crack but she had meticulously made sure that all of the little Lincoln heads were facing the same way.

What is the biggest misconception that people generally have about you, and why is it a misconception?
    Being a blonde chick from the Deep South pretty much is an automatic ticket to an ignorant redneck. I think people are sometimes genuinely surprised when they find out that I'm somewhat intelligent, kick ass in math and science, never dated a blood relative and know absolutely nothing about NASCAR.

Country
    Country Flag

You know NOTHING of NASCAR?! Blasphemy!
    You're going to want it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast