Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes,

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Nothing in the film could have occurred without something else happening before it.
    Indeed. Because that's how plot works. And the flow of time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes,
    Excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes,
    Interesting take. It just contradicts too much of the original and prequel trilogies for me to accept it. I'm glad this film was able to resonate with you so much though. It's a shame to see so much toxic hate for it on some corners of the web. Time will have a very interesting impact on this film

On a side note, I picked up Battlefront 2 today pretty cheap. All the updates and improvements finally convinced me. Can't wait to dive in tonight

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Yes,
    “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Yes,
    Interesting take. It just contradicts too much of the original and prequel trilogies for me to accept it. I'm glad this film was able to resonate with you so much though. It's a shame to see so much toxic hate for it on some corners of the web. Time will have a very interesting impact on this film

On a side note, I picked up Battlefront 2 today pretty cheap. All the updates and improvements finally convinced me. Can't wait to dive in tonight
    I'm curious to hear your take then, what did you see as contradictory? To me, especially having binged the whole series prior to seeing Episode 9, it felt like a very natural conclusion to the saga.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Yes,

I'm curious to hear your take then, what did you see as contradictory? To me, especially having binged the whole series prior to seeing Episode 9, it felt like a very natural conclusion to the saga.
    Spoilers

Country
    Country Flag

I see, it's just so unfortunate to see you and others have a negative reaction to this film, while I had such a different and emotional one, and judging by RT so did most of the audience. During my showing (9 AM Saturday matinee and packed) everyone clapped at the end. But that's okay. I too grew up watching the originals and this in no way nullified those.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it. Loved it. Great action and fun. 8/10
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Here's my take

Spoilers

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Here are my thoughts

Spoilers

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    As Mae posted, life is just a bunch of coincidences. In one paragraph you state everything is a "coincidence" and the other "motivations". That's just "spin" baby you're characterizing circumstances to fit your agenda. Get out of town, dude!!! A case could be made in reverse for each set of films.

And by the way, it's called story telling. You're just a grouchy, angry man who for some reason feels betrayed. Get over it already dude. Life will seem brighter once you do. Or don't get over it, be bitter and disgruntled just spare us from having to listen to you whine and crab. We get it already. You don't care for any SW aside fom the original three films. Check, we get it!!! Everyone write that down? lol

I state in one paragraph coincidence and in one motivation...because they're two entirely different things! Don't tell me 'it's called storytelling' when you don't realize character motivations drive decisions, decisions drive plot. When character decisions make sense because their motivations for making those decisions, then coincidences in a story don't happen unless a coincidental event occurs as part of the plot which usually challenge the character in some way or reveal something about them. Coincidences in a narrative should play a role in affecting character. A bunch of coincidences in a row is not storytelling just because coincidences happen in life. Every single human being on this planet has motivations behind their choices. When your script doesn't have motivations for your characters, the idea of coincidences 'being like life' is redundant because your movie doesn't anyone who is like actual people. It's not spin. It's storytelling 101.

When Han Solo agrees to fly Luke/Obi-Wan to Alderaan, they play on his greed by offering him a bunch of money. Then when Han Solo gets his money and is preparing to leave, Luke questions Han Solo's character by basically calling him a selfish dick. This causes Han Solo to have a crisis of character in which he does the selfless thing by helping Luke before it's too late. If that scene with Luke never happened, and we just saw Han get his money and leave, him showing up wouldn't make sense. It would be coincidence, a dues ex machina with no reasoning behind it. Han Solo has motivation behind that decision, the decision makes logical sense, and it brings Han Solo's arc and the film to a meaningful close that shows how Han has grown over the course of the film. That's storytelling.

The only thing that makes me grouchy is someone telling me I don't know what storytelling is when they don't even understand a basic a storytelling concept like character motivation. And then accuse me of 'spinning' (LOL) basic storytelling principles to fit my "agenda": the only agenda I have is wanting to see a Star Wars film with semi-competent script. I wasn't going to continue arguing in here, but then I read that and was just flabbergasted by the ignorance.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Rise of Skywalker takes place less than 30 years after The Mandalorian. Given that Baby Yoda is 50 in the show and looks to be about a year old in our terms, he'd be like at best 1 and a half, so just about the same.
    This is something that bothered me, unless I missed something, with TRoS.......

Spoiler:
    That there was absolutely no tie in what so ever with The Mandalorian and more to the point, Baby Yoda. The only possible very slight tie-in was the ability to heal, which I don't believe was ever demonstrated by the Jedi in previous films. I may be dead wrong on that one and I'm sure you more devoted fans will correct me if I am I hope.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but given the close proximity of the timelines in play and the premise for, "The Child" in the Mandalorian, it screams to me that baby Yoda should have at least had an honorable mention in TRoS. Also among the missing were, ethereal, Anakin and Obi-Wan. What they decide to retire to Boca? lol

Also, and I'm just mulling things over, a previous post had the age of BY at approximately 1 yr in human terms. However, it's stated that BY is 50 yrs old in the show and if I recall correctly Yoda was around 800 yrs old when he passed away. That's one helluva range and since we have no basis what so ever as to how "Yoda's" are conceived and age we really have no basis at all to speculate on BY's age in human years at all. Even size could betray any attempt to speculate on BY's age. Also, if you think about it, it seems to me that BY has much more maturity than a 1 yr old human. IDK just ruminating I suppose. lol lol

While searching for something else I came across this..................

and thought I'd post it for you guys since there was so much discussion earlier in the thread regarding the order to do a re-watch.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Rise of Skywalker takes place less than 30 years after The Mandalorian. Given that Baby Yoda is 50 in the show and looks to be about a year old in our terms, he'd be like at best 1 and a half, so just about the same.

Spoiler:
    That there was absolutely no tie in what so ever with The Mandalorian and more to the point, Baby Yoda. The only possible very slight tie-in was the ability to heal, which I don't believe was ever demonstrated by the Jedi in previous films. I may be dead wrong on that one and I'm sure you more devoted fans will correct me if I am I hope.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but given the close proximity of the timelines in play and the premise for, "The Child" in the Mandalorian, it screams to me that baby Yoda should have at least had an honorable mention in TRoS. Also among the missing were, ethereal, Anakin and Obi-Wan. What they decide to retire to Boca? lol

Also, and I'm just mulling things over, a previous post had the age of BY at approximately 1 yr in human terms. However, it's stated that BY is 50 yrs old in the show and if I recall correctly Yoda was around 800 yrs old when he passed away. That's one helluva range and since we have no basis what so ever as to how "Yoda's" are conceived and age we really have no basis at all to speculate on BY's age in human years at all. Even size could betray any attempt to speculate on BY's age. Also, if you think about it, it seems to me that BY has much more maturity than a 1 yr old human. IDK just ruminating I suppose. lol lol

and thought I'd post it for you guys since there was so much discussion earlier in the thread regarding the order to do a re-watch.
    Baby Yoda is the reason Palpatine comes back Bill. That is the reason for the Mandalorian timeline and why they are after this 'child' so bad. They want to resurrect him. I also would have guessed at the end of a few seasons of Mando... Baby Yoda brings him back and dies
    Spoiler:
    like Ben did saving Rey
    BUT now I think since he is SO huge... he won't. Disney will milk this proverbial tit I am sure. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw and enjoyed the rise of Skywalker
    It gave me the feelies. I especially liked the skillfully done allusions to the early films in certain shots/props ect. I feel like the nostalgic nods were well done and not overly forced down your throat.

Sure, I am one of those fellows who likes everything star wars puts out. I don't really understand the naysayers. Some people want to just want to affirm their own opinion (even if it is the minority) so much.

Every member of my party enjoyed the movie including my 4 yr old niece
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

Sure, I am one of those fellows who likes everything star wars puts out.
    I find your lack of taste disturbing.

And a four-year-old liking or disliking something is a pretty low bar.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

Sure, I am one of those fellows who likes everything star wars puts out.
    I find your lack of taste disturbing.

And a four-year-old liking or disliking something is a pretty low bar.
    I’m with Lookwhoitis. I’ve found something in every film they have made that I have liked and /or loved. I find it funny when people make fun of people for enjoying Star Wars. I find that shit disturbing. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You go on about SW as much or more than mattrick does. Neither of your opinions are going to convince someone to change their mind. People expect, experience and take different things from the same movie. Why can't you accept that? Whether it's Brother or Star Wars you just can't seem to get past that hurdle that someone didn't like it. You dislike plenty of movies, I don't see anyone giving you a hard time for it.

Country
    Country Flag

You go on about SW as much or more than mattrick does. Neither of your opinions are going to convince someone to change their mind. People expect, experience and take different things from the same movie. Why can't you accept that? Whether it's Brother or Star Wars you just can't seem to get past that hurdle that someone didn't like it. You dislike plenty of movies, I don't see anyone giving you a hard time for it.
    Lol I’m only joking around. Take a chill pill pal. Merry Christmas!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I'm totally "chill." We're actually watching Empire. And you too.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm totally "chill." We're actually watching Empire. And you too.
    That’s my number one! Enjoy

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Spoiler:

Baby Yoda is the reason Palpatine comes back Bill. That is the reason for the Mandalorian timeline and why they are after this 'child' so bad. They want to resurrect him. I also would have guessed at the end of a few seasons of Mando... Baby Yoda brings him back and dies
    Spoiler:
    like Ben did saving Rey
    BUT now I think since he is SO huge... he won't. Disney will milk this proverbial tit I am sure. haha

Really? i don't know how I managed to miss that tidbit. lol Then again, I had my 7 yr old grandson with me and he got antsy during the non-action scenes.

Spoiler:
    Can you explain a little more? Palpatine's boys used BY how? Was there more explanation regarding the Yoda culture/race? They killed BY and used his life force to bring back the Emperor?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast