Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 130 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I don't know about anyone here but I just finished watching all the Star Wars movies in preparation to the end of the saga. In quick succession over the last couple of weeks I've watched the original trilogy, then Rogue One, then the prequel trilogy, then Solo, and then the two sequel trilogy episodes. I can honestly say the original trilogy is not all it's cracked up to be. They're extremely fun and imaginative movies, sure, and I love the universe, but as films they're not that great. Everyone loves Empire Strikes Back, but does anything really happen? Structurally, the originals are pretty flimsy. I still love them, though. And I enjoyed some of the prequels, though nothing can redeem some of those parts. The newer films I enjoyed greatly. They are better made with modern technologies and sensibilities, and they're just very good films. I'll see how Rise of Skywalker works out, but I can't imagine it's 10,000% worse than Episode 7 or 8.
    I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I honestly liked the two films so far AND I liked Rouge one. Solo was the weak one for me. But I am excited to see the last film. I never go by the critics. Sometimes I line up with them and sometimes I don't. But I am excited to see how it ends.
    For me the only real weak thing about Solo was the casting of Han. It would have been fine had they just got someone that even looked like they could vaguely grow up to look like Harrison Ford. The actor was fine, he just didn't look the part, which is what kinda ruined it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about anyone here but I just finished watching all the Star Wars movies in preparation to the end of the saga. In quick succession over the last couple of weeks I've watched the original trilogy, then Rogue One, then the prequel trilogy, then Solo, and then the two sequel trilogy episodes. I can honestly say the original trilogy is not all it's cracked up to be. They're extremely fun and imaginative movies, sure, and I love the universe, but as films they're not that great. Everyone loves Empire Strikes Back, but does anything really happen? Structurally, the originals are pretty flimsy. I still love them, though. And I enjoyed some of the prequels, though nothing can redeem some of those parts. The newer films I enjoyed greatly. They are better made with modern technologies and sensibilities, and they're just very good films. I'll see how Rise of Skywalker works out, but I can't imagine it's 10,000% worse than Episode 7 or 8.
    I agree

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's fans who accept anything just because it's their favourite brand who need to open their minds and close their wallets or they'll just keep getting lesser version after lesser version.
    This is an excellent statement and can be applied to any consumer based product.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's fans who accept anything just because it's their favourite brand who need to open their minds and close their wallets or they'll just keep getting lesser version after lesser version.
    This is an excellent statement and can be applied to any consumer based product.
    While I agree with this sentiment, I personally don't think it applies here, because I genuinely think "Star Wars Fans" actually hate Star Wars. They like the first two movies, find the 3rd one acceptable at best then hate everything else and constantly harp on about how the old "extended universe" did it better. They do all this complaining while still buying tickets to see everything new that comes out.

While the way I look at Star Wars is that they're just big block buster movies. Meant to be "crowd pleasers" not "mater class pieces of cinema". They're big, dumb, fun movies. Not really thought provoking in anyway, and generally full of plot holes or just thin plot in the first place.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having just binged SW, Return of the Jedi might be my favorite actually. During my rewatch I did not like Empire as much (just seemed like nothing happened). So these things vary from time to time but at the moment I would rank them thusly:
    1. Return of the Jedi
    2. Rogue One
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Last Jedi
    5. The Empire Strikes Back
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Solo
    8. Revenge of the Sith
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Attack of the Clones

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Chapter 7 Mandalorian was really good. Looking forward to seeing if there is a tie in to the movie
    It featured Richard Ayoade as the droid, which instantly made it excellent.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Having just binged SW, Return of the Jedi might be my favorite actually. During my rewatch I did not like Empire as much (just seemed like nothing happened). So these things vary from time to time but at the moment I would rank them thusly:
    1. Return of the Jedi
    2. Rogue One
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Last Jedi
    5. The Empire Strikes Back
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Solo
    8. Revenge of the Sith
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Attack of the Clones
    You left one out, Mae....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Chapter 7 Mandalorian was really good. Looking forward to seeing if there is a tie in to the movie

HBJ
    Might be my favourite yet!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That 57% RT score right now is beautiful. Disney and Lucasfilm have clearly had zero confidence in this film for months with extended reshoots wrapping up only last month. There were said to be like 12 different cuts of the films and no one in charge knew what the film was going to be. That's why advertisements have had so little story information. It seems Disney decided to fall on the sword and hope The Mandolorain can keep Star Wars fans invested enough until they figure out what they're going to do with the next film. All of this could've been avoided if they'd actually done the crazy concept of planning out a trilogy. They planned out a release schedule and spinoff films of course, but not developing a coherent story for the milk money trilogy is just sheer idiocy. Kennedy should be fired just for being utterly incompetent here.

Yes, I know, I hate everything. I can't help reveling in this colossal failure though. Disney doesn't take L's too often.
    How is that beautiful man? That is the stupidest fucking comment I have heard from you. Your right.. cause you are a baby about everything that is released.. fuck everyone else right? You would RATHER Disney suffer than have the fans get a satisfying ending? Man I just shake my head. You need to open your mind and let the negative shit go dude...
    Acerbic tone aside, he's absolutely right about this one. Disney has screwed the pooch royally with this trilogy. There was no long term gameplan, no singular vision. They did a trilogy because.. fuck it, why not? Doesn't every story need a trilogy these days?

It makes me appreciate Marvel much more. They have a vision, they carried it out to perfection, and now they have one of the greatest sagas ever told on screen. Every film in the MCU was both a good standalone story and a part of a collective.

The only Great Star Wars films in the entirety of the -9-film series is Empire Strikes Back, and maybe A New Hope. Everything else ranges from Good to Decent.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    While the way I look at Star Wars is that they're just big block buster movies. Meant to be "crowd pleasers" not "mater class pieces of cinema". They're big, dumb, fun movies. Not really thought provoking in anyway, and generally full of plot holes or just thin plot in the first place.
    Yes, ultimately Star Wars are just fun blockbusters with a very rudimentary story of Good vs Evil propelling everything forward..

..however, that's not an excuse for sloppy writing and poor planning. I'm pretty lenient with broad strokes decision making - especially for a series like this which is supposed to be just big dumb fun - but some of the choices they've made for these films are baffling. From essentially rehashing Ep. IV, to self sabotaging the legacy of arguably it's most important character, to now doubling back on all the decisions Johnson made in Ep. VIII just to play it safe for IX in a desperate attempt to protect their cash cow. It's just... wow.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That 57% RT score right now is beautiful. Disney and Lucasfilm have clearly had zero confidence in this film for months with extended reshoots wrapping up only last month. There were said to be like 12 different cuts of the films and no one in charge knew what the film was going to be. That's why advertisements have had so little story information. It seems Disney decided to fall on the sword and hope The Mandolorain can keep Star Wars fans invested enough until they figure out what they're going to do with the next film. All of this could've been avoided if they'd actually done the crazy concept of planning out a trilogy. They planned out a release schedule and spinoff films of course, but not developing a coherent story for the milk money trilogy is just sheer idiocy. Kennedy should be fired just for being utterly incompetent here.

Yes, I know, I hate everything. I can't help reveling in this colossal failure though. Disney doesn't take L's too often.
    How is that beautiful man? That is the stupidest fucking comment I have heard from you. Your right.. cause you are a baby about everything that is released.. fuck everyone else right? You would RATHER Disney suffer than have the fans get a satisfying ending? Man I just shake my head. You need to open your mind and let the negative shit go dude...

Thank you, Kris!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Might be my favourite yet!!!

Actually, I goofed. That was Chapter 6. I have yet to see chapter 7.

(Richard Ayoade was still great tho.)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The new ones are great films if you like plots that are nothing but coincidences and boring characters. The original trilogy are great films despite, and even because, of their flaws. The cast have a great dynamic. The characters are clear cut and entertaining with very defined roles and clear arcs. The films are charming and for their time extremely innovative. Most of all, there is filmmaking passion in them. A New Hope is one man's vision put on celluloid. The new films are a boardroom's ideas to milk people's money as much as possible so they can make back their investment money. Sure the new films look great, but the scripts are awful. Special effects used to sell a film and in cases made a film special, but these days special effects are so ubiquitous they add almost nothing to films that only film X can offer, and what used to make Star Wars stand out now just shows how little Star Wars has to offer that is unique.. As bad as the prequels were, I can't say they're boring and soulless...mostly misguided. The new films are soulless and boring.

Frankly, I'd rather Star Wars be corny and goofy with hammy acting than whatever we get now. Just so long as it has charm, passion, and good humour with characters you actually enjoy spending time with...that's all Star Wars needs. I think the brand has taken on so much lore and fandon that most people forget what the initial appeal of Star Wars was for 20 years. It was a fun adventure with characters you truly enjoyed spending time with. That's it. It's been bungled up with needless complication.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Thank you. Look at what Solo bombing did. It made Disney scrap all their plans and rethink everything. Of course, they still had to make Rise of Skywalker. To be honest, one critics sentiment about how "Abrams didn't make a film for people to love, just one that no one would hate" shows what Disney hoped to achieve here. Get Rise of Skywalker out, try not to upset too many people with it, earn back some good will with The Mandalorian, and take the time to actually plan out the next film(s). Which is smart. If Solo made money, they'd have just rolled a new trilogy announcement and three more Star Wars Story films by 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker
    While I agree with this sentiment, I personally don't think it applies here, because I genuinely think "Star Wars Fans" actually hate Star Wars. They like the first two movies, find the 3rd one acceptable at best then hate everything else and constantly harp on about how the old "extended universe" did it better. They do all this complaining while still buying tickets to see everything new that comes out.

You get that with any fandom. Once people identify so much with a product or brand and they've invested years and years (and sometimes a lot of money) and it's part of who they are, they expect their demands to be catered to. If they don't get what they want, they get upset. It's the same reason why seemingly no one likes the endings to their favourite shows. I agree they're big blockbuster movies, but as I said in the comment before this one, Star Wars is about a fun adventure in an inventive world with charming characters you enjoy spending time with. That's really it. But I think the new trilogy has shown us that the world of Star Wars is actually incredibly limited in terms of stories that can be told. If it's not Jedi vs. Sith or Rebels vs. Empire...what is there to tell? Mandalorian is doing bounty hunting and that's just about it unless we start getting D+ shows about moisture farmers, ore miners, or like House of Cards in space, there isn't many options. All I want with Star Wars is an enjoyable movie. It's been a long time since I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandito
    Acerbic tone aside, he's absolutely right about this one. Disney has screwed the pooch royally with this trilogy. There was no long term gameplan, no singular vision. They did a trilogy because.. fuck it, why not? Doesn't every story need a trilogy these days?

It makes me appreciate Marvel much more. They have a vision, they carried it out to perfection, and now they have one of the greatest sagas ever told on screen. Every film in the MCU was both a good standalone story and a part of a collective.

I think Disney just thought the brand was so powerful they didn't need to try. It was my greatest fear when they bought Star Wars and that fear came true. And I agree with the MCU (except every film being a good standalone story). I was really critical of the MCU for the first 5 years because I didn't like a single film. But once they found their groove and mastered their formula, I found a lot of the second half of the MCU to be quite enjoyable minus a few movies like Civil War and Ant-Man vs. The Wasp. But they took the time to plan more than release dates and premises. They gave directors enough leeway to make the film their own while also adhering to the greater planning of the MCU. I could be wrong, but I don't think a single director of an MCU film was ever fired and replaced during production of 22 films; Star Wars has fired, on average, a director per film, and that's not even including the Game of Thrones guys ditching their own trilogy for a Netflix deal and Rian Johnson's own trilogy being seemingly taken away. It's fascinating how a production company with zero gameplan can be so upset when their directors don't do what's expected of them. And because there's no gameplan, Lucasfilm doesn't even know they don't like what's being done until the assembly cut, basically.

It's a ramshackle affair.

People think I'm overly negative, especially with Star Wars, but that's because I grew up a Star Wars fan. And it's not even worth the frustration to watch it anymore. I haven't even watched The Last Jedi or Solo. I'd love nothing more than for Star Wars to be a solid franchise again, but I gave up hoping a long time ago. Maybe when Disney gets their shit together, I can find a new hope. But right now I'm longing for the halcyon days of Jar Jar Binks.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

The new ones are great films if you like plots that are nothing but coincidences and boring characters. The original trilogy are great films despite, and even because, of their flaws. The cast have a great dynamic. The characters are clear cut and entertaining with very defined roles and clear arcs. The films are charming and for their time extremely innovative. Most of all, there is filmmaking passion in them. A New Hope is one man's vision put on celluloid. The new films are a boardroom's ideas to milk people's money as much as possible so they can make back their investment money. Sure the new films look great, but the scripts are awful. Special effects used to sell a film and in cases made a film special, but these days special effects are so ubiquitous they add almost nothing to films that only film X can offer, and what used to make Star Wars stand out now just shows how little Star Wars has to offer that is unique.. As bad as the prequels were, I can't say they're boring and soulless...mostly misguided. The new films are soulless and boring.

Frankly, I'd rather Star Wars be corny and goofy with hammy acting than whatever we get now. Just so long as it has charm, passion, and good humour with characters you actually enjoy spending time with...that's all Star Wars needs. I think the brand has taken on so much lore and fandon that most people forget what the initial appeal of Star Wars was for 20 years. It was a fun adventure with characters you truly enjoyed spending time with. That's it. It's been bungled up with needless complication.
    100% agree with Mattrick. The new trilogy is AWFUL. Rey is such a boring and unlikable Mary Sue. Explain to me how she can fight a jedi master in the first movie and beat him. Yeah right. That would be like Luke fighting Vader in the first movie and winning. Poe Damron is so damn annoying. His lines are delivered so stony and without emotion. Also, don’t get me started on the fate of Luke skywalker. Even mark Hammil said fuck that shit. The dialogue is terrible between characters, and the first order commander guy is comically bad.

Not to mention these films are almost entirely cgi. It’s ridiculous. Anyone comparing the original trilogy using today’s standards is just kidding themselves.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm no conspiracy theorist or anything, but this is spooky.

- Yesterday Donald Trump's defense bill passed in The Senate. This established Trump's Space Force as the official 6th branch of the military.

- Today Donald Trump was impeached by the House of Representatives, leaving Trump's presidency in the hands of The Senate.

- Tomorrow, Star Wars Episode 9: Rise of Skywalker releases in America. Emperor Palpatine makes his first film appearance since 2005's Revenge of the Sith.

- In Revenge of the Sith, The Republic Senate intends to remove him from power and he says, "I am The Senate" before fighting Mace Windu. Palpatine uses the fallout from this action to become Supreme Emperor of the Galactic Empire.

George Lucas forsaw this.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matts, you have single handedly ruined this thread for me. You are so consistently and doggedly negative about all things SW it's freaking depressing. If you hate it so much stop watching. Then we won't have to listen to your long and drawn out nit picking condemnation of every film that is released.

Seriously, stick to the original trilogy and leave the other films to those who may actually enjoy them. You seem to go to see these newer films as some form of twisted masochism. lol

I'm a Star Wars fan and damn proud of it!!! I don't go to these films because I'm hoping to see an Oscar worthy film. They are never going to win Best film, or Best actor/actress at the Oscars because there are too many snobby, film critics involved in the voting for anything in this genre to ever win. Guys like you who are always valuing some sub-text, rare camera angle or some such crap or innuendo to ever give these type films their due. Star wars is fun, popcorn munching, children and adult harmless good entertainment and I, along with millions of others enjoy the living shit out of it!!!! It's only this grouchy, critical minority that constantly malign's the franchise. Do they perform better with some films than others? yeah, sure they can't all be diamonds. However, consider the overall hours of magical entertainment they have given to several generations of fans that far out weigh the malcontents.

There, rant completed. You may all return to dissecting the films and your general discontent. Please, pardon the interruption. LOL

BTW, "Mandalorian" fans!!!! Funko pop has 4 of the character statues available right now. Some more ready for delivery, but at right around $10 a pop pretty cool statues at a good price for Xmas!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Like many others here, I have my ticket all set for tonight. Regardless of how the movie turns out, I'm definitely feeling nostalgic. Star Wars has literally been with me my whole life, so any release in the series is usually a pretty big deal, regardless of how I feel about the quality of the film. I will always have my original trilogy, which to me is quintessential "Star Wars", but I'd rather have new Star Wars movies, than none at all. So a toast to everyone still along for the ride, and I hope you all enjoy your screenings

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    I will always have my original trilogy, which to me is quintessential "Star Wars", but I'd rather have new Star Wars movies, than none at all.
    Honestly this is pretty much how I feel about it. Just give me more Star Wars and I'll be happy. Books, TV Shows, video games, movies, whaterver. Generally I have enjoy them all.

Country
    Country Flag

I will always have my original trilogy, which to me is quintessential "Star Wars", but I'd rather have new Star Wars movies, than none at all.
    Honestly this is pretty much how I feel about it. Just give me more Star Wars and I'll be happy. Books, TV Shows, video games, movies, whaterver. Generally I have enjoy them all.
    me too and to be honest... I have very little hate for what Disney has done. I actually liked Force Awakens a lot... and Last Jedi. Mandalorian is what gives me that 'feeling' of Star Wars when I was young though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Matts, you have single handedly ruined this thread for me. You are so consistently and doggedly negative about all things SW it's freaking depressing. If you hate it so much stop watching. Then we won't have to listen to your long and drawn out nit picking condemnation of every film that is released.

Seriously, stick to the original trilogy and leave the other films to those who may actually enjoy them. You seem to go to see these newer films as some form of twisted masochism. lol

I'm a Star Wars fan and damn proud of it!!! I don't go to these films because I'm hoping to see an Oscar worthy film. They are never going to win Best film, or Best actor/actress at the Oscars because there are too many snobby, film critics involved in the voting for anything in this genre to ever win. Guys like you who are always valuing some sub-text, rare camera angle or some such crap or innuendo to ever give these type films their due. Star wars is fun, popcorn munching, children and adult harmless good entertainment and I, along with millions of others enjoy the living shit out of it!!!! It's only this grouchy, critical minority that constantly malign's the franchise. Do they perform better with some films than others? yeah, sure they can't all be diamonds. However, consider the overall hours of magical entertainment they have given to several generations of fans that far out weigh the malcontents.

There, rant completed. You may all return to dissecting the films and your general discontent. Please, pardon the interruption. LOL

BTW, "Mandalorian" fans!!!! Funko pop has 4 of the character statues available right now. Some more ready for delivery, but at right around $10 a pop pretty cool statues at a good price for Xmas!!!!
    He is allowed to voice his displeasure as much as you are allowed to voice how much you like them. He is not directly antagonizing any members.

Please keep it civil, Bill, everyone. Thanks.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of which, has anyone here played Jedi: Fallern Order?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think Rogue One might be my favorite SW movie but I am not a superfan by any means. I've enjoyed nearly all of them. I'm not so crazy about the prequel trilogy, those three are the worst in my opinion. I liked The Last Jedi more than The Force Awakens and I even liked Solo.

But seeing how vicious some SW fans are really puts me off the whole thing. I can understand if someone is disappointed by something and wants to express that but there comes a point where you are simply just shitting all over other people's good time to make yourself feel better.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

He is allowed to voice his displeasure as much as you are allowed to voice how much you like them. He is not directly antagonizing any members.

Please keep it civil, Bill, everyone. Thanks.

What wasn't civil? I've been called a lot worse and never had staff come to my defense. Just look at half of, Still Servant's posts about me. I don't believe I called, Matt an "Asshole" or a "Dick" or anything did I? If so, my apologies. Otherwise, I'm unsure what you take offense to, Ferny?

You come to his defense publicly (and I didn't specifically call him anything un-civil) and tell me to chill out privately when "Still Servant" regularly goes to town on me whenever and where ever he see's my posts simply because, and I quote "For some reason I just irk him". Maybe you folks on the staff need to take some time out and look inward. Just saying is all. Geez!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think Rogue One might be my favorite SW movie but I am not a superfan by any means. I've enjoyed nearly all of them. I'm not so crazy about the prequel trilogy, those three are the worst in my opinion. I liked The Last Jedi more than The Force Awakens and I even liked Solo.

But seeing how vicious some SW fans are really puts me off the whole thing. I can understand if someone is disappointed by something and wants to express that but there comes a point where you are simply just shitting all over other people's good time to make yourself feel better.
    WELL SAID.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 130 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast