Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently, the droid BB8 in "The Force Awakens" is a girl. Just thought you would all like to know that really important piece of news. In other equally significant updates, I'm about to have peanut butter on toast ‪#‎firstworldnews‬.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to get something off my chest; now that the hype has died down and I'm looking back on the film with 20/20 vision, I realized something... Finn was a huge disappointment.

The trailers painted him as a bad ass warrior, but all he's there to do is provide slapstick comedy relief and to get captured and knocked out and in need of rescuing.

Considering how strong a character Rey was, I'm really upset that Abrams didn't do a better job of handling Finn.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May the force be with you?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I have to get something off my chest; now that the hype has died down and I'm looking back on the film with 20/20 vision, I realized something... Finn was a huge disappointment.

The trailers painted him as a bad ass warrior, but all he's there to do is provide slapstick comedy relief and to get captured and knocked out and in need of rescuing.

Considering how strong a character Rey was, I'm really upset that Abrams didn't do a better job of handling Finn.
    The whole film was a huge disappointment. Consider if you will...

The bland characterisation of Finn.
    The overly petulant, emo remix of Vader (Kylo Ren).
    The poor, flat handling of Han Solo's death.
    The truly horrific CGI.
    And of course.... The abysmal script and godawful plot!

My initial thoughts on this movie were "Meh".... But now, having had the time to reflect and think about it some more, I have come to the philosophical conclusion that it's fucking shit!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry you didn't like it.

Truly, I am.

I wish the Force had been with you that day lol.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^^^LOL

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

The trailers where kinda all misdirection with Finn, trying to hide what was pretty obvious about Rey. I actually like the way they handled him though. He was the every man's character in the movie. He's kinda the average joe of the movie, where we want to be everyone else, in reality we are Finn, so in a way he's the most relate-able.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it, and loved it. The indignation of how Lucas ruined his original trilogy with the prequels (1-3) are a distant memory now. So many people have complained about "ripping" off the original, but one person's "ripoff" is another person's homage. I can't blame Abrams for lovingly giving a new generation a homage to the original, and truly, there is enough that has been reshaped that I have no issue with it. I see a bright future for episodes 8 and 9, especially when Abrams says that the script for 8 so good he wishes he were directing it. I'm just thankful that there were no Ewoks and no Jar Jar Binks. Phew!

As for Rey, I'm going with granddaughter of Obi-one. The notion of pitting Annakin's grandchild against the grandchild of Obi-one creates a wonderful symmetry.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it, and loved it. The indignation of how Lucas ruined his original trilogy with the prequels (1-3) are a distant memory now. So many people have complained about "ripping" off the original, but one person's "ripoff" is another person's homage. I can't blame Abrams for lovingly giving a new generation a homage to the original, and truly, there is enough that has been reshaped that I have no issue with it. I see a bright future for episodes 8 and 9, especially when Abrams says that the script for 8 so good he wishes he were directing it. I'm just thankful that there were no Ewoks and no Jar Jar Binks. Phew!

Spoiler:
    As for Rey, I'm going with granddaughter of Obi-one. The notion of pitting Annakin's grandchild against the grandchild of Obi-one creates a wonderful symmetry.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Apparently Jedi aren't supposed to have relationships so Obi-wan having a child is very unlikely. Annakin shouldn't have been in a relationship with Padme.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Apparently Jedi aren't supposed to have relationships so Obi-wan having a child is very unlikely. Annakin shouldn't have been in a relationship with Padme
    You guys realize you are posting in the "Non-Spoiler" thread, yes?

As for me.........

Spoiler:
    I'm going with her being, Luke's daughter.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I think those posts above need to be hidden in spoiler tags

Bill:
    Spoiler:
    I initially thought Lukes daughter too, but then when I saw it for a second time I noticed the scene when they return to Leia at the end, and Chewie and Leia just walk past each other and she immediately embraces Rae. So instead of hugging Chewie and sharing in the sadness of the loss of Han, she hugs this girl she has never seen before. Unless of course she is her daughter.... (and maybe not Han's daughter?)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Yeah I think those posts above need to be hidden in spoiler tags

Bill:
    Spoiler:
    I initially thought Lukes daughter too, but then when I saw it for a second time I noticed the scene when they return to Leia at the end, and Chewie and Leia just walk past each other and she immediately embraces Rae. So instead of hugging Chewie and sharing in the sadness of the loss of Han, she hugs this girl she has never seen before. Unless of course she is her daughter.... (and maybe not Han's daughter?)

Perhaps, I intend to see it again tomorrow with my "know it all, son"!!! LOL He usually has great insights. I'll report back? LOL

Spoiler:
    Just don't tell him I actually said that!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find Kylo Ren is a way more interesting villain than Vader ever was. I think they played it way too safe by spitting the plot of New Hope back at us but I think the case and scripting carried it through. Honestly the original trilogy is a shining part of my youth but if you really take a look at it, it's not that great of a movie. Force Awakens is a much better film overall.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My bad - would you like me to delete or amend?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Threw spoiler tags on my post.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd just throw some spoiler tags in the main parts that relate to actual storyline.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Finally saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    As for Rey,
    Spoiler:
    I'm going with granddaughter of Obi-one. The notion of pitting Annakin's grandchild against the grandchild of Obi-one creates a wonderful symmetry.
    Spoiler:

I didn't even think of Obi Wan. (I kept thinking Han or Luke).
    I'm having a hard time digesting the fact that any Jedi could be her father since I'm accustomed to Jedi living a life of abstinence.

Also, Han.
    I think that I felt mostly heartbroken for Chewie when it happened.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I find Kylo Ren is a way more interesting villain than Vader ever was.
    Interesting. I've never heard someone argue this.
    On what merit?

Honestly the original trilogy is a shining part of my youth but if you really take a look at it, it's not that great of a movie. Force Awakens is a much better film overall.
    TFA might be a better film than RoTJ and ANH, but ESB still reigns supreme in my book.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I find Kylo Ren is a way more interesting villain than Vader ever was.
    Interesting. I've never heard someone argue this.
    On what merit?
    I actually agree. Vadar has very little character development in the original trilogy. Episode 4 he's just a bad guy, Episode 5 we learn a little more, Episode 6 a little more. We never really get any motivation for why he's a bad guy, or even why as a bad guy he just puts up with the Emperor. All of that motivation and character development we get in the prequels, which if you just take from a story point of view and not how it actually played out / execution isn't terrible.

We learn more about Kylo Ren as a character in one movie than we do about Vadar in three. I also think Kylo is more of a main character in this new set of movies than Vadar was in the original three. Kylo's development is going to be as important as say Rey or Finn's.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... idk. It's still way too early to say that Kylo Ren is or will be a better villain than Vader. What do we really know about him? We don't know how or why he was enticed to join the Dark Side. What Han or Leia did to push him or keep him from going down that downward spiral. What his relationship with Luke was that caused his moral deterioration. All we know is that he's angry.

Say what you will about the PT, but at least we know the events that led to Anakin's downfall and the reasoning behind his decision to join the Dark Side.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I actually agree. Vadar has very little character development in the original trilogy. Episode 4 he's just a bad guy, Episode 5 we learn a little more, Episode 6 a little more. We never really get any motivation for why he's a bad guy, or even why as a bad guy he just puts up with the Emperor. All of that motivation and character development we get in the prequels, which if you just take from a story point of view and not how it actually played out / execution isn't terrible.

We learn more about Kylo Ren as a character in one movie than we do about Vadar in three. I also think Kylo is more of a main character in this new set of movies than Vadar was in the original three. Kylo's development is going to be as important as say Rey or Finn's.
    This really sums it up well for me. We see Vader struggle a bit with the dark side at the very end of ROTJ but really he is very one dimensional where as there is more to Kylo Ren from the start. We immediately see his struggle and he is more of a loose canon because of it. I will say that I pretty much ignore the prequels.

Country
    Country Flag

TFA might be a better film than RoTJ and ANH, but ESB still reigns supreme in my book.
    ESB is probably the best of the original trilogy so I will not argue this.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

At this point I still feel Vader is a stronger presence in the SW universe than Kylo Mad At My Daddy Ren.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast