Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have to say I believe that Darth Plagueis is the Sith Lord referred to by Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, who “learned to conquer death” and then was “killed” by his pupil, Palpatine himself. Among the evidence compiled by fans, Snoke is missing his lower jaw, which is similar to an injury Darth Plagueis received while training Palpatine, and there are striking similarities between Snoke’s theme music and the music that plays when Palpatine tells the story of Darth Pagueis in Episode III.
    I really like this theory as well, though I kinda of doubt they will ever actually refer to him as Plagueis. I also think Rey is either Luke's daughter or a no one. I would like it either way, but I would probably prefer is she was a no one. If she isn't related to anyone it grows the universe more where if she's related to Luke it kinda shrinks the universe.
    I do hope it is the one that Palpatine spoke of though... nice way to bring it together!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I am shocked at the somewhat lack of love here... the other sites I frequent LOVED IT! As did I... What did we expect? They tied everything in wonderfully I think. See my post in the Spoiler thread on Star Wars.... interesting thought....
    I'm with you on this one. I definitely think it's worth a repeat viewing. I caught a lot more little details the second time through than I did the first time. I loved A New Hope, but this movie had 3 or 4 times the character development than A New Hope had. In A New Hope Luke is the only character that really changes through the film.

I know I'm never gonna convince someone who didn't like it to like it, that said for what it's worth The Force Awakens is currently the highest rated Star Wars movie on Rotten Tomatoes at 95%, beating episodes 4 and 5 by 1% and episode 6 by 15%. Just a little food for thought.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked at the somewhat lack of love here... the other sites I frequent LOVED IT! As did I... What did we expect? They tied everything in wonderfully I think. See my post in the Spoiler thread on Star Wars.... interesting thought....
    I'm with you on this one. I definitely think it's worth a repeat viewing. I caught a lot more little details the second time through than I did the first time. I loved A New Hope, but this movie had 3 or 4 times the character development than A New Hope had. In A New Hope Luke is the only character that really changes through the film.

I know I'm never gonna convince someone who didn't like it to like it, that said for what it's worth The Force Awakens is currently the highest rated Star Wars movie on Rotten Tomatoes at 95%, beating episodes 4 and 5 by 1% and episode 6 by 15%. Just a little food for thought.
    Dan, I 100% agree with you. So what there were similarities? I thought it was great and will see it again. It is the best of the 7 for me.... Its close with Empire but I liked this one better.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My guess is she's a much younger sister. They were both sent off to train with Luke and when Ben turned she was saved and hidden. When KR heard there was a "girl" involved he was obviously extremely interested and both Han and Leia were treating her really bizarrely. She's related somehow but I am going to put money on sister. JJ Abrams almost always takes the most obvious paths in his movies and following the course of the original trilogy seems to be the way here.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Dan, I 100% agree with you. So what there were similarities? I thought it was great and will see it again. It is the best of the 7 for me.... Its close with Empire but I liked this one better.
    Not the best of the 7 for me, but it's fairly close. For me It's 5, 6, 7, 4, 3, 2, 1. I like 4 a lot, but for me it stands on it's own but it also has the weakest story of the original three. Too straight forward, too little character development, and really Luke as the main character is the least interesting character of the main cast in that movie.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Empire Strikes Back remains my favorite, but The Force Awakens is a close second. Saw it twice, and will most likely see it in the theatre again before I buy the BD. The similarity to A New Hope did not bother me too much.
    Looking forwards to episode VIII very much!

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    The Empire Strikes Back remains my favorite, but The Force Awakens is a close second. Saw it twice, and will most likely see it in the theatre again before I buy the BD. The similarity to A New Hope did not bother me too much.
    Looking forwards to episode VIII very much!

sk
    I can say without a doubt that I haven't looked forward to a sequel this much since I saw Fellowship of the Ring.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, I didn't intend my comment/post to be derogatory, just descriptive. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and thought they did a wonderful job with it!!! I am very cool with the "borrowed" plot points. I think they incorporated some of them for continuity for a new generation, but will "own" it from here on in.

I have three nephews, ranging in age from 6-11 years old that I took to see the film. I was flabbergasted to learn that they had not seen the original trilogy!!!! Bad parenting or sign of the times, IDK. However, food for thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I believe that Darth Plagueis is the Sith Lord referred to by Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, who “learned to conquer death” and then was “killed” by his pupil, Palpatine himself. Among the evidence compiled by fans, Snoke is missing his lower jaw, which is similar to an injury Darth Plagueis received while training Palpatine, and there are striking similarities between Snoke’s theme music and the music that plays when Palpatine tells the story of Darth Pagueis in Episode III.
    That is a cool theory. Palegius was a member of the banking clan, and those dudes are over 7ft tall. But in the book, Palpatine poisons and murders him. Not that that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    That is a cool theory. Palegius was a member of the banking clan, and those dudes are over 7ft tall. But in the book, Palpatine poisons and murders him. Not that that matters.
    Yea the book isn't cannon anymore, but they could change it to Palpatine tries to murder him or thinks he murdered him and that's why Snoke is so disfigured.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Yea the book isn't cannon anymore, but they could change it to Palpatine tries to murder him or thinks he murdered him and that's why Snoke is so disfigured.
    OR.... member he can fiddle with the DNA of the living. Palpatine thinks he killed him but in reality... he did not cause he is VERY powerful! I think he poisoned him no? Either way... this is the way to go... I read somewhere someone thought it was Bobo Fet. lol Come on....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

There is even a theory that Snoke is Jar Jar. I'm not very familiar with the expanded universe stuff and what is and isn't considered canon. For me if its in the movie and official novelization then it's part of the story Lucas invisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    There is even a theory that Snoke is Jar Jar. I'm not very familiar with the expanded universe stuff and what is and isn't considered canon. For me if its in the movie and official novelization then it's part of the story Lucas invisioned.
    Yea I think that theory went out the window once everyone actually saw what Snoke looks like. As far as what's cannon at the moment, that's pretty simple. All the movies, plus The Clone Wars TV show and Star Wars: Rebels, and now the new books / comics (and some of the video games) put out since Disney purchased Lucasfilm. All the books, comics and video games that came out before Disney purchased Lucasfilm are now called "Star Wars Legends" and aren't considered part of cannon, more like "What If" stories. To be fair though Lucasfilm never really considered any of that stuff as official lore / cannon anyways, as proved by the prequels not following the books written before the movies came out.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Technically we don't know what Snoke looks like... we know what the hologram he uses looks like but that doesn't mean its really what he looks like. It could be a Wizard of Oz scenario... as far as I am concerned he could still be anyone.

Country
    Country Flag

Im going with my guess!!!! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's some paws for thought.... What if Snoke is actually Darth Dachshund?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Technically we don't know what Snoke looks like... we know what the hologram he uses looks like but that doesn't mean its really what he looks like. It could be a Wizard of Oz scenario... as far as I am concerned he could still be anyone.
    This is true but I am thinking that he is using the same tech that Palpatine used with Vader. His size is definitely in question but I bet he does actually look like the hologram shows.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember reading something about Snoke's race all being 7ft tall and over.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you two. Saw it again last night in 2D (I was worried I was missing some of the fast paced action when I saw it in 3D, and think it is definitley something you want to see in each mode) and was just as excited the second time.

I can see what the nay sayers will focus on, but to me that is just a small aspect of the movie that surrounds the real special parts: that being the characters we are introduced to, and the old characters we love.

I hardly ever see movies at the theatres these days (thanks uTorrent), but have had no qualms paying to see this twice, and maybe even a third before it stops.

I have three nephews, ranging in age from 6-11 years old that I took to see the film. I was flabbergasted to learn that they had not seen the original trilogy!!!!
    Bill, I took my two nephews (12 & 10) to the midnight opening show, and their Dad had made sure they watched the first six, but watched them in order 1-6. I thought that was worse than not seeing them at all! He tried to tell me they got a different experience out ion it, and for them it was about "will he/won't he turn to the dark side". Didn't sit well with me.....

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I remember reading something about Snoke's race all being 7ft tall and over.
    Yea the way Andy Serkis described him was very much the way the Mun's (the banking clan dudes) look like. Like how he looks in the movie. I'm guessing he looks like they showed him as well, mostly because they have never used holograms in any other way than as pure communication in the Star Wars movies.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm dreaming of a Luke vs Snoke lightsaber showdown in Episode IX.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't expect Luke to make it out of Ep VIII.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I just saw this today and then came home and watched The Star Wars Holiday Special. A very cool combo for the holidays!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast