Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I really resented this "passing of the torch" to the "kids" bullshit. Fuck off, my generation's characters are Star Wars!

Take your emo remix of Vader and shove it up your ass, J J Abrams.
    Then you should go stick your head in the sand and keep watching ep 4-6. The rest of us will enjoy seeing where the story goes from here.

And btw, I'm your generation and I can't wait to see where the new kids take us.
    They'll take us to a Dagobah like planet for training from an exiled Jedi and then make their way to a city in the clouds.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I have just come back from watching Episode VII....

Meh.
    Not a SW fan?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Meh.
    Not a SW fan?
    Quite the opposite.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In theater waiting for trailers. Imax 3d woo hoo

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy RF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In theater waiting for trailers. Imax 3d woo hoo
    I am leaving for Imax 3D in just over an hour!!!! HAVE FUN!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    By the way, shall we finally talk about the elephant in the room? What did everyone think of Solo's death and how it was handled? I really liked to say that I cried at that point, but for me, it fell just a little bit...flat. Partially because it was just a little too predictable. Still a bit shocking, admittedly, but not as much of a tearjerker as it should have been, considering it's the death of a childhood hero. Or was that just me?
    Yup, it was flat. Should have been handled better. The concept itself was fine but the execution lacked.

1. When Rey is getting the flashback from the light saber, I swear I heard a voice calling her name, and it sounded like Obi Wan.
    There is a theory floating around that Rey could potentially be Obi Wan's grand daughter... don't know how viable that is though.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    By the way, shall we finally talk about the elephant in the room? What did everyone think of Solo's death and how it was handled? I really liked to say that I cried at that point, but for me, it fell just a little bit...flat. Partially because it was just a little too predictable. Still a bit shocking, admittedly, but not as much of a tearjerker as it should have been, considering it's the death of a childhood hero. Or was that just me?
    Yup, it was flat. Should have been handled better. The concept itself was fine but the execution lacked.

1. When Rey is getting the flashback from the light saber, I swear I heard a voice calling her name, and it sounded like Obi Wan.
    There is a theory floating around that Rey could potentially be Obi Wan's grand daughter... don't know how viable that is though.
    They've also since confirmed that we hear both Obi-Wan and Yoda's voice in that vision sequence.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Meh.
    Not a SW fan?
    Quite the opposite.
    I haven't seen it yet so I've tried to refrain from most spoilers but in the few reviews I've read from others, you're the first to have that reaction. To be fair, there was one other guy I know but he's not a big SW fan to begin with.

It's breaking just about every record out there.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Meh.
    Not a SW fan?
    Quite the opposite.
    I haven't seen it yet so I've tried to refrain from most spoilers but in the few reviews I've read from others, you're the first to have that reaction. To be fair, there was one other guy I know but he's not a big SW fan to begin with.

It's breaking just about every record out there.
    Haven't seen it yet. Heard it is a pretty good movie, but the story line is overplayed and unoriginal. Is this true?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

Haven't seen it yet. Heard it is a pretty good movie, but the story line is overplayed and unoriginal. Is this true?

I came out of the cinema thoroughly underwhelmed. Don't believe the hype, people. It's great if you want to see inferior remixes of scenes from the "real" trilogy, I guess - but for me, it's just proof that they don't make them like they used to.

I was desperately hoping to like this movie. Desperately hoping that the studio would learn from the mistakes made with the prequels. Desperately hoping that they would deliver some fresh perspective to the franchise....

Instead, I was fed a poor Xerox copy of A New Hope....

New Hope?....'No Hope' more like!!!

However, Different generations are going to have different takes on it. I grew up with the originals, so the story in this one sucked ass from my perspective. More holes in it than a kilo of swiss cheese....

#awfulplot #wtf

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting theory on her being Obi-Wan's grand daughter. She is to young to have ever met him or Yoda though.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's a coincidence that Rey looks like Natalie Portman. It is much more likely that she is the offspring of Luke or Leia, than Obi-Wan.

Considering that this Episode VII has already blatantly ripped off A New Hope, I would not be at all surprised if it's later revealed that Rey is actually Kylo Ren's sister. Haven't seen that plotline before, eh?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They are cousins. Hans and Leia have a child.
    Luke and ?? have a child.
    Darth is the Father of Luke and Leia.
    Their children would be cousins.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heard it is a pretty good movie, but the story line is overplayed and unoriginal.
    I've been hearing the same. That was my problem with Jurassic World, another box-office smasher. Taking what everyone loved about the original (and pretty much the same story) and just feeding it to audiences again twenty years later with less skillful CGI.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved it. Yeah they did a bit of copying... But there was enough variance for me to find it engrossing and thrilling. And I LOVED Kylo Ren. He will make a very good bad guy in the next films.... I do wish he kept his mask on the whole time... To keep the mystery...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

T Dogz... You don't hate the movie do you? I mean come on it was a good ride at the Theater no?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's a coincidence that Rey looks like Natalie Portman. It is much more likely that she is the offspring of Luke or Leia, than Obi-Wan.

Considering that this Episode VII has already blatantly ripped off A New Hope, I would not be at all surprised if it's later revealed that Rey is actually Kylo Ren's sister. Haven't seen that plotline before, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    They are cousins. Hans and Leia have a child.
    Luke and ?? have a child.
    Darth is the Father of Luke and Leia.
    Their children would be cousins.
    It's still theoretically possible for Ren and Rey to be siblings.
    A strong Jedi presence could have memory wiped everyone from remembering Rey is a Solo to protect her from Big Bad Brother.

Secret siblings is a lot more powerful a story device than secret cousins.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I came out of the cinema thoroughly underwhelmed. Don't believe the hype, people. It's great if you want to see inferior remixes of scenes from the "real" trilogy, I guess - but for me, it's just proof that they don't make them like they used to.

I was desperately hoping to like this movie. Desperately hoping that the studio would learn from the mistakes made with the prequels. Desperately hoping that they would deliver some fresh perspective to the franchise....

Instead, I was fed a poor Xerox copy of A New Hope....

New Hope?....'No Hope' more like!!!

However, Different generations are going to have different takes on it. I grew up with the originals, so the story in this one sucked ass from my perspective. More holes in it than a kilo of swiss cheese....

#awfulplot #wtf
    I've always been a Star Wars and Star Trek fan. Not super fan, but a fan. I feel you are 100% right. The movie really wasn't anything special. It did not feel like a Star Wars movie to me. Everything seemed unoriginal and forced. I am not calling it a giant turd. It wasn't bad, but not great or special either. I am disappointed as well and I think George Lucas needs to come back (as long as the movies aren't made for kids). I felt you could see everything coming a mile away with what happens within the story. And the ending, well, I wasn't happy with what happened at all!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

It is possible they are brother and sister. IF Ben Solo left to train with Luke and was away from home, and Leia and Han had another child, she would be a sister he did not know about.

I listened to the audio book novelization this weekend. There's a few things in there not in the movie. For instance, when they are having their light saber battle, he says to her "You ARE the one." Clearly he and Snoke know that there was some kind of wonderkid that was either Luke's child, or in Luke's school, or some kind of long lost link. They were looking for or knew about her, or someone like her, that was strong in the force. I think Kylo feels a tie to her and wants to get closer to her.

I still think Luke is standing in front of a grave.

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I believe that Darth Plagueis is the Sith Lord referred to by Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, who “learned to conquer death” and then was “killed” by his pupil, Palpatine himself. Among the evidence compiled by fans, Snoke is missing his lower jaw, which is similar to an injury Darth Plagueis received while training Palpatine, and there are striking similarities between Snoke’s theme music and the music that plays when Palpatine tells the story of Darth Pagueis in Episode III.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Soft re-boot
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked at the somewhat lack of love here... the other sites I frequent LOVED IT! As did I... What did we expect? They tied everything in wonderfully I think. See my post in the Spoiler thread on Star Wars.... interesting thought....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have to say I believe that Darth Plagueis is the Sith Lord referred to by Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, who “learned to conquer death” and then was “killed” by his pupil, Palpatine himself. Among the evidence compiled by fans, Snoke is missing his lower jaw, which is similar to an injury Darth Plagueis received while training Palpatine, and there are striking similarities between Snoke’s theme music and the music that plays when Palpatine tells the story of Darth Pagueis in Episode III.
    I really like this theory as well, though I kinda of doubt they will ever actually refer to him as Plagueis. I also think Rey is either Luke's daughter or a no one. I would like it either way, but I would probably prefer is she was a no one. If she isn't related to anyone it grows the universe more where if she's related to Luke it kinda shrinks the universe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast