Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say Revenge of the Sith is my favourite. Overall I enjoyed the prequels story line much better even thought Ep 1 wasn't very good. I think what makes the movie so great is the light sabre fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. "You were meant to destroy the sith, not join them! To bring balance to the force not leave it in darkness! You were my brother Anakin! I loved you." "I HATE YOU!!" That scene there was my favourite in all the movies.

Empire is a close second though, many great parts in it. Solo and Leia was great. "stop that." "stop what?" "my hands are dirty." "So are mine what are you afraid of?"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not trying to hash but I don't believe anyone is really pissed about this "nerf herder" issue. We should probably stop acting like anyone might be.

Text leaves a lot to be desired in the overall communication process so we should remember that.

My own opinion-- remember, I am old and saw the original versions in the theater as well.

When Leia said "Nerf Herder" (because I understood it perfectly), even at 8 years old I understood it was the perfect "Princess" thing to say. I didn't need the definition because it was in the context. How often have we heard a princess refer to someone she doesn't like as a "goat hearder"?

Its the same with Jabba and "Bantha Fodder" (he calls Luke that in the 6th movie). Do we need to know what a Bantha is to know that Jabba was calling him a pile of shit?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which is your favorite movie, Matt?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Its the same with Jabba and "Bantha Fodder" (he calls Luke that in the 6th movie). Do we need to know what a Bantha is to know that Jabba was calling him a pile of shit?
    Despite Luke saying in Ep 4 when looking for Artoo - "there are a couple of banthas down there" then a Tusken Raider attacks him.

+1 for Mattrick

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

wow.

attacking the director. awesome.

back to star wars stuff:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I would say...Empire Strikes Back.

I hated the first three---hated them

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I would say...Empire Strikes Back.

I hated the first three---hated them
    You ADULT.
    I, myself, refuse to grow up when it comes to watching movies.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If growing up means you can identify and hate shitty movies then I am all for it.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I love the whole series, Revenge being my favorite.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

(directed at Matt's last post)

i'm with matt. i couldn't stand the first three. there were decent moments, but...i shouldn't laugh at darth vader. and i did...repeatedly.

i grew up thinking of darth vader as the quintessential badass. if i pretend that the prequels don't exist, then i can continue to think of him that way instead of as the emperor's lap dog.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree with that SJ, its like Lucas was forcing us to take our medicine.

When I just wanted the candy that the originals were.

Darth Vader is not a sniveling boy

Country
    Country Flag

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    i grew up thinking of darth vader as the quintessential badass. if i pretend that the prequels don't exist, then i can continue to think of him that way instead of as the emperor's lap dog.
    Yeah, just avoid the scene in Empire where he bows to the Emperor, and the many moments in Return when he shows that he is the Emperors lap dog. You'll be fine then.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Cool pics!

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, just avoid the moment in Empire where he bows to the Emperor, and the many moments in Return when he shows that he is the Emperors lap dog. You'll be fine then.
    there is a difference between subordination to a superior and being a whiny little brat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i laughed out loud in the theatre.

palpatine bothered me in the prequels, too...

You said lap-dog. Your words not mine. Those are actions of one. You don't bow if you're not a lap-dog.

i will have to disagree with you, there. i always viewed it as a sign of respect.

:eta: i keep finding all of these star wars related pictures in my photobucket. i guess when you're a nerd who reads nerd books for nerds, that kind of thing can happen. deal with it.

here's drake at the jedi training academy:

and darth maul:

Last edited by sarajean; 08-28-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: pictures

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

wow.

attacking the director. awesome.

back to star wars stuff:
    What is your problem? My whole post was about Star Wars. I had to point out they clearly show you what a bantha is several times in the first Star Wars movie ever so his point (towards nerf herder) was nil.

"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner but now I am master."
    "Only a master of evil Darth."

and

"He doesn't like you"
    "I'm sorry."
    "I don't like you either. You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I've got the death sentence on twelve systems."
    "I'll be careful."
    "YOU'LL BE DEAD!"

have got to be the best conversations in Star Wars history.

Darth Vader isn't a snivelling boy. That is why he turned to the dark side. Most jedi's are chosen from birth and do not know family or love because they are trained to ignore their emotions. When he was first being trained he was eight years old, a normal boy dealing with friends, pressures of society, being a slave, having a mother etc. His love for padme was created before becoming a jedi as was his mothers and stayed with him. They were, in a sense, the only things he could still feel.

Palpatine also created Anakin himself and thus planned everything that was to happen to him. Palpatine knew he never had a father and became his father (since he is his father) to manipulate him. In Revenge of the Sith everyone tries to screw with his head, telling him half truths. None of the other jedi's knew how to feel like Anakin did. It's why he appeared snivelling, because he actually felt. Yoda knew it all along, that he was too old. "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering' which is what happened to Anakin. After Anakin lost his mother Palpatine created the fear of losing padme which lead him down the path to the darkside. Mace never trusted Anakin either because he uses some of the dark side himself.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, if you weren't paying attention, the Bantha's were non existent

The point was that a princess called a scoundrel basically a "goat herder" in Star Wars speak.

Now, I would suggest that this issue be put to rest because while it seems silly now, it could get worse if it continues.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

"That wizards just a crazy, old man."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

One of my favorite posters on the wall next to my computer desk:

It was a Father's Day showing of Episode 3 at our local theater. It says Father's Day 2005 out of frame on the poster.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

^^
    (ochriso)

good one!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

That's really cool Chris!!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast