Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

And you showed me nerd books that a nerd would have to read to know what a nerf is.
    you think this hurts my feelings, mr. i know a lot of SW lore. i was huge into SW for years when i was younger. i had books, the SWIM, but i'm still better than you? if you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have asked. it's just that simple. it really is.

it's cool, i totally see how you are now, and i can do my best to avoid you in the future.

thanks for the advance warning.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    you think i just happened to have all of that stuff at my disposal without having to go look for it?
    Yes.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    This is why I hate science fiction and fantasy. There are stupid names for stupid creatures/people and people get far too into and try and learn it all. It's like when I said Roland would destroy Harry Potter on .net and I started getting told about summoning charms and special spells and wands and I just walked away.
    Would it please you to leave this thread for people that aren't troublesome then? Thanks. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    you think i just happened to have all of that stuff at my disposal without having to go look for it?
    Yes.
    shush, matt. i'm trying to prove a point.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I would take the best, but I think I'd be severely pissed if I didn't end up with Obi-Wan
    Obi-Wan is the pimp of the universe. I wish I scored Obi...

So, my wife only watched the movies cuz of me, but that's ok, she enjoyed them. She even went out and bought an old-school storm trooper t-shirt at a thrift store so she could wear it to the midnight showing of Ep2 (and 3). When we were leaving the theatre after Revenge, she says to me "Obi-Wan is so noble." I love that girl....

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And you showed me nerd books that a nerd would have to read to know what a nerf is.
    you think this hurts my feelings, mr. i know a lot of SW lore. i was huge into SW for years when i was younger. i had books, the SWIM, but i'm still better than you? if you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have asked. it's just that simple. it really is.

it's cool, i totally see how you are now, and i can do my best to avoid you in the future.

thanks for the advance warning.

I do believe you were the one starting to rip on me for not knowing what a 'nerf herder' was, as if it was common fucking knowledge. You just had to go out of your way to show that I was wrong. I didn't ask. YOU TOLD ME. "YOU ARE WRONG! LOOK AT WIKI TO FIND OUT WHAT A NERF IS YOU RETARD!" is what you essentially said.

Monte, she started on me for a simple mistake on not having read the encyclopedia with Nerf in it. Considering that Nerf Herder could be easily confused with nerve hurter as they sound almost the same.

um, no. it's nerf herder. i have never heard anyone say nerve hurter before.
    If you're telling me this is not riddled with condescending tones (especially the way she linked Wiki) when she could have easily said 'hey, a nerf herder is like a cow in the star wars universe' I would've been cool.

sarajean, what point are you trying to prove? That Nerfs are ficticious space cows. If that is the point then you missed the point.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I wasn't ripping on you so much for not knowing what a nerf herder was as for looking down on the LG guys for their lack of star wars knowledge while you had a big gaping hole in yours. *shrug*

It is fine to not know everything about Star Wars. I don't even claim to know everything about Star Wars. It is a different matter all together when you put people down for misquoting something and then get all defensive when you are called out for being wrong about something yourself. The LG people could make much the same argument as you by saying "I"M NOT A HUGE NERD THAT WATCHES STAR WARS AND MEMORIZES EVERYLINE. I DON'T LIVE IN LUCAS' HEAD!!!one!"
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why are trying to defend a website? Are they your friends? Just wondering. Are they seeing this post? Are they offended and crying? If not, why are you even bothering. Just wondering.

I got told in a PM 'obviously you don't know her well enough to know she is being silly' well obviously none of you know me well enough to know that I was fucking around in that first post. I was more irritated that they screwed up Boba Fett's line as he is the most badass mofo around. Like I said, I saw Nerf Herder and pictured a guy herding Nerf Balls and made a comment. I talked to a friend of mine who is older and has loved star wars longer than me by about fifteen years. He said he never knew it was Nerf Herder or even Nerve Hurter. He thought it was a big nothing word that meant something in the star wars universe. This shows how without happening by the knowledge (which I had not) you wouldn't know this. BY WATCHING THE MOVIE YOU CAN TELL THEY GOT THE BOBA FETT QUOTE WRONG.

There is a big difference between being ignorant of a fact so small and unknown to many people and screwing up a quote into a sentence that makes no sense.

I think it's funny how this got out of hand. 0Chris0 how can you say I had a huge, gaping hole in my Star Wars knowledge for not knowing what a nerf was. sarajean posted the things they explained it in which I haven't seen. A huge hole would not be knowing who Darth Vader is...I've forgotten most of which I did know as it's been six plus years since I even cared to know what is beyond the movies. As you failed to realize my complaints weren't the lack of knowledge but how they were simple, grammatical/spelling errors that they could have fixed. How am I supposed to take them seriously when they are misquoting things?

Anyways, I'm expecting an apology for not one but two people talking to me like idiots for not knowing what a nerf herder is. I admitted I was wrong about the nerf herder posts ago...since then it's just been debauchery.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I took the star wars test and now i can't get the image to show

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Yay maerlyn....getting the thread back on track!!! Thank you!!!!

You just take the last part of the image code they provide for you....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did that. hold up i'll try again

grrr arg

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

I just have this for mine:
    [*IMG]http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/190407/Card_DarthVader.jpg[/IMG*]

(without the astericks, of course)

PM it to me and i'll do it for you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Darth Vader is my daddy.

Country
    Country Flag

Son? Where have you been all this time?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

[IMG]<a href="http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Media/Games/The_Ultimate_Star_Wars_Personality_Test/" target="_blank"img src="http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/190407/Card_Qui-Gon.jpg" border="0"/a>[/IMG]

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

so...i should be calling you leia, then?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BLAST YOU STAR WARS THREAD!!!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

this is not the post you are looking for....
    Last edited by sarajean; 08-28-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: she got the image

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Darth Vader is my daddy.

i'm your daddy, bitch! now take that and that and that

(ok i'm not very good and the smack talk)

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you sarajean

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    BLAST YOU STAR WARS THREAD!!!
    hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a question for everyone:

Which of the 6 movies is your favorite? I think we can still stay on the main topic (personality test) and discuss this.

Mine is Revenge. I like me some good light saber fights.

guh. revenge is my son's favourite, too. a new hope is my husband's. he says that while empire has the best story, nothing will ever compare to seeing the first star wars movie in the theatre when he was 7. he says he cried when obi wan died. (but don't ever tell him i told you that)

<---will always love empire the most...

although...i did have a crush on bib fortuna when i was a little girl. what can i say? apparently twi'leks do it for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Obi Wan is my favorite character, though Anakin was pretty cool in e3. Light sabers!

Seeing Obi Wan die is more sad for me now that I've seen all six movies. (but don't tell anyone I told you that)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast