Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 130 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Not gonna lie to you, my friends.... I've pre-ordered this :

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Jedi-Path-Manual-Students-Force/dp/1603800964/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_2]The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition] [Hardcover][/ame]

Watch how the Vault Opens ... Video At Amazon

Product Description
    The Jedi Path, Fully Illustrated, with Removable Features and a Mechanical Vault

With the push of a button, the doors of the vault open in a wash of light and Star Wars sound effects. The inner platform rises, revealing this exclusive edition of The Jedi Path.

This ancient training manual, crafted by early Jedi Masters, has educated and enlightened generations of Jedi. It explains the history and hierarchy of the Jedi Order, and what Jedi must know to take their place as defenders of the peace in the galaxy—from mastery of the Force to the nuances of lightsaber combat.

Passed down from Master to Padawan, the pages of this venerable text have been annotated by those who have held it, studied it, and lived its secrets. From Yoda and Luke Skywalker to Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, they have shaped the content of the book by leaving mementos tucked within the pages, tearing out pages, and adding their personal experiences as tangible reminders of the lessons they’ve learned.

Through wars and rebellion, only a single copy of this manual has survived. It is now passed on to you.

The ancient Masters who wrote the text: Fae Coven, Grand Master and head of the Jedi Council; Crix Sunburris, Jedi Ace starfighter pilot; Restelly Quist, Jedi Chief Librarian; Skarch Vaunk, Jedi Battlemaster and lightsaber expert; Bowspritz, Jedi Biologist and expert on the Living Force; Sabla-Mandibu, Jedi Seer and Holocron expert; Morrit Ch’gally, Jedi Recruiter; Gal-Stod Slagistrough, Jedi leader of the Agricultural Corps.

Jedi who added personal commentary: Yoda, Thame Cerulian, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Darth Sidious, and Luke Skywalker.

Removable features: A letter tracing the book’s history, a severed Padawan braid, a metal Jedi Credit medallion, a Jedi starfighter patch, a burned poster of the Jedi Code, a map of the Jedi Temple, a lightsaber diagram sketched on the back of a napkin from Dex’s Diner, and a note on the missing pages torn from the book by a Sith.

Created in collaboration with Lucasfilm—along with an acclaimed Star Wars author and revered Star Wars illustrators—this volume provides new insights into the history and lore of the Jedi Order while introducing never-before-seen ships, creatures, characters, and details about how one trains to become a Jedi.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    ^Oh, and Anakin's "I hate you!" was...wow, so much better than any of his lines previously in the PT. Ewan was indeed a great part of the trilogy.
    This and "You were the chosen one" are such hard, emotional scenes.

I know it's blasphemy to SW purists but yeah, Revenge of the Sith is as good as episodes 4-6.

I love the SW comics. They cover sooo much ground as far as stuff between the movies goes. Like, for someone who's never read the comics, would you be interested to know how they ended up on Hoth, who told Vader it was Skywalker who destroyed the Death Star etc.

Lastly, someone with a lot of money should turn The Thrawn Trilogy into movies or even better TV shows. No (or minimal) CGI please. More models and real people, OK?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    ^Oh, and Anakin's "I hate you!" was...wow, so much better than any of his lines previously in the PT. Ewan was indeed a great part of the trilogy.
    This and "You were the chosen one" are such hard, emotional scenes.
    Agreed. I especially love the following lines

"I have failed you Anakin. I have failed you."

"You were my brother Anakin ! I loved you!"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not a Star Wars fan, but that is pretty damn cool.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

HOLY SHIT Pam!! I have to get that for Hubby for Christmas!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Gay

I think it's looks so awesome!!

Karen, probably you should pre-order, if you can. I think they might come out with a "non" vault edition eventually, you know - just the book ... but that cool vault is what totally makes it !!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I think it's looks so awesome!!

Karen, probably you should pre-order, if you can. I think they might come out with a "non" vault edition eventually, you know - just the book ... but that cool vault is what totally makes it !!
    Absolutely, I'll be honest, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan anymore, and even I want that awesome little vault!

It's always the little things that make those expensive, limited edition releases so special: I speak from plenty of experience as a Who fan, naturally!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Gay

And the vault ... it lights up and has "star wars sounds".

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Urgh, sucks that I'm unemployed now, i have to divide my responsibilities between looking hard for work and buying only Doctor Who and 2000AD related stuff! Still, once I've become a professional accountant in a few years time, i'll be earning so much money I can afford any mega-awesome item of geekdom!

That's the ultimate plan, anyway!

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

WHAT. THE. HELL.
    That's awesome.

My Mood
    Gay

turtlex - Number 1 item on my Christmas list...

Original Darth Vader costume up for sale in London

LONDON – The Force can be with you — for a price.

Christie's auction house says it is selling an original Darth Vader costume from the "Star Wars" movie franchise.

The jet-black helmet, mask and armor worn by the intergalactic villain are expected to sell for between 160,000 pounds and 230,000 pounds ($250,000 and $365,000) at a sale of pop culture memorabilia next month.

Christie's said Wednesday that the costume is thought to have been made for "The Empire Strikes Back," the second film in George Lucas's sci-fi series, released in 1980.

Christie's did not name the owner, identified only as an American private collector.

The sale takes place Nov. 25 in London

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spielberg will buy it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, what is more likely is that Lucas will purchase it back.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    turtlex - Number 1 item on my Christmas list...

Original Darth Vader costume up for sale in London

LONDON – The Force can be with you — for a price.

Christie's auction house says it is selling an original Darth Vader costume from the "Star Wars" movie franchise.

The jet-black helmet, mask and armor worn by the intergalactic villain are expected to sell for between 160,000 pounds and 230,000 pounds ($250,000 and $365,000) at a sale of pop culture memorabilia next month.

Christie's said Wednesday that the costume is thought to have been made for "The Empire Strikes Back," the second film in George Lucas's sci-fi series, released in 1980.

Christie's did not name the owner, identified only as an American private collector.

The sale takes place Nov. 25 in London
    I want a Darth Vader costume of quality design.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

This pic keeps cracking me up...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how did i not know about this topic? I love Star Wars
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You know what? Despite the fact that I've stayed away from a lot of things Star Wars for a while now - I haven't watched a single ep of the CGI Clone Wars, though I loved the 2d one, and don't think I've even watched any of the films for a couple of years now - but I still love it.

I only just realised this when I heard that it was finally coming to blu-ray, with a 3 disc prequel trilogy set, a 3 disc original trilogy set, and a 9 - yep, NINE - disc complete saga set, and I thought to myself, "Right, now i need a blu-ray player asap so i can get the complete saga set day of...fuck!" Despite feeling almost completely disillusioned about the films for a couple of years now, i still wanna get that 9 disc set!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    how did i not know about this topic? I love Star Wars
    This exactly! I'm a huge Star Wars fan - I can't believe I only just now saw this thread!

The first movie I actually remember seeing in theaters was The Empire Strikes Back. I was 2 (I think) and it was in the cinema for the 15-year anniversary extended cuts or something like that....but I do have distinct memories of my mom taking me to it in the theater. I've been hooked ever since!

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the originals in theatre for some anniversary thing then the special editions then the prequels. It was so amazing. i have been hooked on star wars since i was 2 when i first saw them on vhs
    If you love me then love me..

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, y'all are making me feel old. I saw the original Star Wars when it was first released in theaters. We even had the Star Wars trilogy on videodisc (note, NOT laserdisc, videodisc) when I was growing up.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

then this will make me feel really old...I saw Empire Strikes Back at the Drive In theater when it first came out....I remember at the end of the movie it started raining and we had to get back in the car. we were all sitting on the hood...lol...had to watch the last 20 minutes through windshield wipers!

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have done a bad thing... I have let my child watch the entire Star Wars series from episode 1 to episode 6 IN THAT ORDER!

*hangs head in shame*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

*GASP* NO!!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I KNOW!

[trashcan man voice]I'M SOOO SORRRYYY![/trashcan man voice]

for the record, her fave is Empire Strikes Back, so that is a relief.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 130 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast