Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I would still say that Tyranus was a Sith Lord. Just because Sidious didn't intend to keep him as an apprentice, he still took him as an apprentice. Pawn or not, Dooku was still a Sith.
    However...further in REvenge of the Sith when Palpatine is talking to Anakin..he asks him the same question.."Anakin..was Dooku a Sith Lord or just someone out for power holding a red lightsaber."

I think from Dooku's realization and Sidious saying this that Dooku was not a Sith Lord.

would you consider Asajj Ventress a Sith Lord, because if you do, then that would make 3, not 2. Which would make the Sith rule not true. even if they don't follow rules, the still learned from their past mistakes. I think Dooku was mislead just like Ventress. Maul, from the history we have, was never a jedi and solo trained by sidious. Anakin, however, makes the ultimate choice when he slaughters Windu and the Jedi temple.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maul was taken by Sidious from the Jedi facilities when he was a youngling from what I have read so far.

Spoiler:
    As for Ventress. she is no more a Sith Lord than Mara Jade was when she was the Emperor's Hand. BUT, Ventress was an apprentice to Dooku and training to be a Sith. Vader also had apprentices and had dreams of overthrowing Palpatine and tking his place. The apprentices weren't Sith Lords, but would have been if Vader had overthrown Palpatine.
    I consider Dooku a Sith Lord, but I think Palpatine thought of him as little more than a pawn really. He led Dooku to believe he was Palpatine's apprentice and thus, a Sith.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Maul was taken by Sidious from the Jedi facilities when he was a youngling from what I have read so far.

Spoiler:
    As for Ventress. she is no more a Sith Lord than Mara Jade was when she was the Emperor's Hand. BUT, Ventress was an apprentice to Dooku and training to be a Sith. Vader also had apprentices and had dreams of overthrowing Palpatine and tking his place. The apprentices weren't Sith Lords, but would have been if Vader had overthrown Palpatine.
    I consider Dooku a Sith Lord, but I think Palpatine thought of him as little more than a pawn really. He led Dooku to believe he was Palpatine's apprentice and thus, a Sith.
    then that brings back my original question, when does one become a lord of the sith and not just an apprentice? or are you saying there is no difference between a lord and an apprentice?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From my understanding, the only difference between the Sith Master and his apprentice, the Dark Lord of the Sith, is that the master starts out knowing more. The apprentice wants to learn and thus doesn't try to kill his master yet. When he thinks he has learned enough, the apprentice would try to kill the master. So the difference between them is the amount of Sith knowledge. Once the apprentice thinks he's learned enough, he wants to become the master.

So beyond the knowledge, there isn't much difference between master and apprentice.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Amused

I agree. sorry if that took abit. But I think my brain needed what you just wrote to make sense of it. I know we are talking about the books and not so much the movie so, I guess the answer would only come from Lucas, but I agree with you. I guess I was just trying to make sense of it because it's some what clear how a jedi evolves..ie...youngling...padawan...jedi....master jedi (at least I hope I got that right), but the whole Sith mistrust makes it hard to sometimes to believe what is true about the Sith. I mean really, from their whole history what is true and what isn't? When the Jedi speak of Sith...it's ancient tales. When Sidious speaks of the the Sith....It's a matter of true mastery of the force (power) and patience. And isn't patience what is taught to jedi?

My Mood
    Amused

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

wow. i think that is a horrible analogy. i really do.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

reductio ad absurdum FAIL

Cool book Mordred. Did you get it at a used bookstore? Nice find.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Cool book Mordred. Did you get it at a used bookstore? Nice find.
    NO actually it was at SchulerBooks. and ty

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I kind of realized right after I posted that it was pretty terrible. Deleted. I apologize for offending anyone.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Sorry, I kind of realized right after I posted that it was pretty terrible. Deleted. I apologize for offending anyone.

I deleted my response with your quote in it. It never happened.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

OH. So I totally just remembered my actual reason for coming in here.

Okay, I know it's really not that great that the new trilogy kind of... sucks balls. But this can be avoided by simply not watching those movies. What really, REALLY bothers me is all the new shit they added to the old movies. The new scenes are terrible!
    Spoiler:
    Did we really need to see some random creature belching outside of Jabba's fortress? Was that singing alien dude with spit flying out of his mouth truly adding to the Star Wars experience?
    And the scary thing is I am finding it impossible to find a copy without these add-ins. Did Lucas round them up and burn them or something?

I'm getting angry just thinking about this.

You have to get them on VHS Sarah. Its an unfortunate reality.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Not true--my brother got copies of the original trilogy that had the option of watching the original releases. Only catch is it's both versions of each movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough. Is there some sort of device that you can burn a VHS onto a DVD? Or am I talking crazy?

Edit: Wow, do you know where he got it? I was thinking of checking Ebay but I've been screwed one too many times on there, so I'm trying to avoid it.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'd have to ask him, but I'll let you know when I do.

for pam:

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I love the ship!
    but sarajean... your arms are much more hairy than I'd imagined.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Not true--my brother got copies of the original trilogy that had the option of watching the original releases. Only catch is it's both versions of each movie.
    Has to be recent. Thanks for the info, though. I was under the impression you had to find them on VHS. Scroll back and read Flagg's comment a couple of pages ago. He's not the only person I've heard it from and I've had trouble finding them myself.

Country
    Country Flag

Turtlex:

The ship is very cool sj.

I wonder if Lucas realizes he'd probably make millions more by releasing his originals? Or if he's waiting for the 200th anniversary or something.

Did Jeff make it too?

jeff and i built it together. it took several hours.

it wasn't as exhausting as jabba's sail barge.

i can't seem to find my pictures of that, though.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Harrison-Ford/dp/B001EN71DG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241325956&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Star Wars Trilogy: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill: Movies & TV[/ame]

Here's a write up on the above : What you'll get here are the 2-disc limited editions of the original trilogy in a handy-dandy box. What are the limited editions? Two disc packages that contain the recent special editions and a "bonus disc" for each film that contains the respective originals. And by originals, I mean the complete un-altered films the way audiences saw them back in 1977, 1980 and 1983. Even the added-in-'81 "A New Hope" in the title crawl of the first film is no longer there.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast