Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 130 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

How would you guys rank the lightsaber battles in these movies? Do you have a favorite?

Mine would be the one in Empire. The set was just gorgeous with the smoke and color of their blades. Then you have Luke using two hands on his saber, just trying to stay alive, while Vader taunts him fighting one handed. So cool.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite fight in the whole series: Mace Windu (and a squadron of easily dispatched jedi) versus Palpatine who he defeats only to get punked by anakin

check this out
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn8MZgZmeT4&feature=related"]YouTube - Mace Windu Vs Palpatine - How It Should Have Been[/ame]

oh and this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbRsgr1MuE&feature=related"]YouTube - starwars real end of mace windu[/ame]
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Let's try this again, I think that the killing of the younglings would have fit into the story better if it was after he put on the helmet. Then it would have shown that he was completely turned to the darkside with nothing holding him back. He already thinks he killed his love and sooo..."take no quarter". So, what I was trying to say, is, that the death of his love should have been the true turning point, while the killing of the younglings should have taken place after that fact to give the name Darth Vader more terror throughout the storyline and to flow better. Because while Padme's was still alive there was a chance to bring him back. I just think it would have looked better if they switched it. Like instead of having the movie end with him wearing the helmet, they should have had him kill the younglings at the end while he was wearing his helmet. let's see if I did a better job this time
    Gotcha dude.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

yes!! heh..I'm so damn tired, I've been dealing with snow non stop since before christmas. My mind is kind of slow right now.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    How would you guys rank the lightsaber battles in these movies? Do you have a favorite?

Mine would be the one in Empire. The set was just gorgeous with the smoke and color of their blades. Then you have Luke using two hands on his saber, just trying to stay alive, while Vader taunts him fighting one handed. So cool.
    Anakin vs ObiWan. Hands down. That was the duel I was waiting for since seeing the first movie. Second would be Yoda vs Dooku. Third is the one from Empire.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

u know, I like the prequals but one of my only issues with it is how many lightsaber battles there r
    I mean there are as many in attack of the clones or revenge of the sith as there were in the entire original trilogy
    in the older films they were SPECIAL, something u really looked forward to and having so many made them a little less special no matter how kickass they were, its like eating birthday cake for every meal, yeah its sweet but theres always that thought that its better once a year so as not to lose its shine
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the original trilogy there were four people with light sabers. Of course there weren't going to be many duels.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post

I think my first would be the one from Empire. Second would be Obi Wan and Darth Maul. Third would be Luke and Vader in Jedi.

I also loved it when Luke kicked everyone's ass on Jabba's freighter. I guess it doesn't really count as a duel but it was so badass when Luke caught his light saber in mid air and went to town.

Oh man, I love the duel on Jabba's sail barge. Luke kicked ass in that, it was so rad. And of course Leia looked amazing.

I just wished Boba Fett didn't die in the film like that, it was more luck than anything else. But, they did bring him back in the comic and extended universe novels, so that was kind of cool too.

Country
    Country Flag

yes!! heh..I'm so damn tired, I've been dealing with snow non stop since before christmas. My mind is kind of slow right now.
    Move father south. I haven't seen snow yet this season.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    In the original trilogy there were four people with light sabers. Of course there weren't going to be many duels.
    Four? I count only three. Obi-Wan, Vader, and Luke. There were only three duels through the entire first trilogy. Obi-Wan and Vader on The Death Star in ANH, Luke and Vader on Bespin in ESB, and Luke and Vader on The Death Star in ROTJ. This only counts duels not usage of the lightsabers, and I count the Bespin duel as one even though it is broken into parts.

I kind of wish the Jedi's when they die in Sith had a bit more of a battle before they died.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

thought you might be interested in this:
    http://www.gamedaily.com/games/star-...akes-us-drool/

footage of Star Wars Battlefront III
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Ahh, I saw that Chap, but Its disconcerting to learn about what happened to radical. I can't believe the game was that far along- I just hope another studio picks it up.

I'm dying for a next gen version of Battlefront III.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Ahh, I saw that Chap, but Its disconcerting to learn about what happened to radical. I can't believe the game was that far along- I just hope another studio picks it up.

someone must own the rights to the content of the game (lucas arts most likely), so it's pretty safe to bet it will be released some day.
    at least I hope so even though I've never played any of the battlefronts games before.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post

someone must own the rights to the content of the game (lucas arts most likely), so it's pretty safe to bet it will be released some day.
    at least I hope so even though I've never played any of the battlefronts games before.
    Hands down the coolest video games Lucas arts ever did (at least for me). Being able to participate in all those epic battles was the coolest thing for a Star Wars fan.

Check them out.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

As far as the light saber duels go, I haven't decided if I like any from episodes 1-3. Any of the duels from episodes 4-6 were like how swordsman would have dueled in Europe during the medieval time period (before and after). Episodes 1-3 duels are like some one from Japan or China became a Jedi and taught everyone martial arts.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Maul in Episode I is one of my favorite scenes from any of the Star Wars films.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Maul in Episode I is one of my favorite scenes from any of the Star Wars films.
    Right on. I feel the same way. I think one of the things that makes it cool is how Obi Wan compensates for not having a second blade. That behind the back stuff was cool as hell, and the intensity at having lost Qui Gon.

Country
    Country Flag

As far as the light saber duels go, I haven't decided if I like any from episodes 1-3. Any of the duels from episodes 4-6 were like how swordsman would have dueled in Europe during the medieval time period (before and after). Episodes 1-3 duels are like some one from Japan or China became a Jedi and taught everyone martial arts.
    The fight between Vader and Luke was very much like the duels of Japan. The training Hamill went through was Japanese fencing if I remember right. I can tell by the stances in ROTJ that he studied a Japanese style for that fight.

I was hoping to see more dynamic duels in 1-3, but I had also hoped to see more realistic duels too. A real duel is much like a gunfight. The duelists size each other up and feel each other out, but once someone starts the action, they were usually over in a heartbeat. Sidious showed this in ROTS when he took down multiple Jedi in no more than one or two strokes each. That was the most realistic duel I saw. Having said that, I liked the Obi-Wan/Vader duel best. That's what I always thought a duel between equals might be like. Each anticipating the next move of the other until one becomes exhausted or makes a mistake.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That scene in Episode III where Obi Wan and Anakin/Vader launch each other across the room using opposite sides of the Force is awesome as hell.

That scene in Episode III where Obi Wan and Anakin/Vader launch each other across the room using opposite sides of the Force is awesome as hell.
    I agree, but after that, I thought it was really boring and there was far too much CGI with Mustafar. I could tell they were just jumping around on a green screen.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

too much CGI in general in epis 1-3...

guess I'm old school
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, but after that, I thought it was really boring and there was far too much CGI with Mustafar. I could tell they were just jumping around on a green screen.
    I agree completely that there was too much CGI dude. The duel was GREAT until they went outside. It just kinda went downhill after that, it was still good but the Vader/Luke duel was better at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    too much CGI in general in epis 1-3...

guess I'm old school
    Not a bad way to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 130 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast