Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for the Force Unleased either. I was quite obsessed with battlefront 1 and 2, so this should be great.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInGZOsC5dk]Episode 1: The Phanton Menace review, Part 1[/ame]

This is the first part in a series of 3, one for each prequel, and they are rather entertaining. I admit that despite liking the prequels, the reviewer did raise some good questions. I loved how he explained the Republic/Trade Federation conflict.

How did they incorporate Jabba into the new movie? Did he and Anakin meet face to face?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Every time I watch Episode I, I am reminded of the creepiness of the Anakin/Padme relationship. Especially the smile that they give each other at the very end of the movie that says: 'It would be inappropriate now, but we're gonna bone each other in a few years.'

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't say much about that sort of smile. My wife was one of my high school teachers. We were good friends before we started dating, but I'm sure we smiled at each other like that once or twice without knowing what was ahead of us. One of my biggest problems with the prequels, besides the bad directing, Jar Jar, the fucking title of AOTC, and stilted dialogue, was that the actors playing Padme and Anakin in the second and third films didn't appear to have much age difference. It would have appeared to the casual observor that Anakin was likely the same age as Padme, if not a year or two older. And he certainly looked older than her in ROTS.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas should have used an actor that was closer in actual age as the character of Padme than Portman is what I'm saying. Then the issue wouldn't exist.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Country
    Country Flag

One other thing that just chaps my ass was Lucas fucking with the ending scene od ROTJ. Hayden Christensen should NOT have replaced Sebastian Shaw. Lucas said that he did that to suggest that the spirit was a representation of when Anakin was part of the light side of the Force. Well then, doesn't that negate his entire redemption scene then you stupid jackass!!!!!!!!! Basically Lucas was saying that the last time Anakin was a part of the light was in ROTS and that he NEVER was redeemed and NEVER became a part of the light side until after he died. BULLSHIT!! Vader redeemed himself and became Anakin before he died, and that was how he died, as Jedi Anakin Skywalker. He would have been an old man when he rejoined the light. His spirit reflected that and made it even more emotional. UNTIL, George Fucking Lucas in his great wisdom decided to saqy fuck all that, let's fuck with the movie some more and put this new guy who had more screen time in the very last movie. It'll be cool. Fuck you George. Fuck you.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wait. what? hayden christensen was in return of the jedi? did i miss something? was he even born then?

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas had him added into the film at the end, replacing Sebastian Shaw when Anakin fades in to join Ben and Yoda. It's in the recently released dvd versions of the film.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

how recently? we've got like three different versions of those movies. vhs (don't ask), and then two sets of dvds. so is this yet another version of dvds? like really recently released?

Country
    Country Flag

It's in the boxed set that was released several years ago. Fortunately I have the original films on VHS and still have a working VCR if I want to watch the real films.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Huge, huge Star Wars fan here. Absolutely love the original films. I sort of like the prequels and special editions, but don't love them. I do own them and will wath them if on TV, but I prefer the original films much, much more.

I also read some of the novels and comics.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

It's funny--used to love Star Wars to death, especially when I found out Lucas was trying to recreate a myth for the day and age, something that sounded very ambitious and noble (and apparently successful, given its popularity).

Now? Not so much--I think it's started to lose its flavor for me. Not only in terms of the later films being poorer in quality, but even the earlier films don't do all that much for me anymore. Now it feels like all the space stuff, the Jedi knights, the lightsabers, the Force, and all that is just disguising a lack of legitimate creativity storywise.

I'm not trying to criticize Star Wars, or condemn anyone who loves it--I'm just trying to be honest in how my opinion about it has changed over time. I think I've effectively "outgrown" it.

Country
    Country Flag

I still mark out when Luke strikes back at Vader on the second Death Star. And when Vader rises to his feet and looks between his master and his son, whoof. I get goose bumps just thinking about that scene. I LOVE the Star Wars, but most especially the original trilogy.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My favorite moment from all of the Star Wars movies is when Luke stands up against Jabba in Jedi. That whole battle scene is awesome.
    "This is your last chance Jabba. Free us....or die."
    So badass

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good scene too, but my favorite scene of the series HAS to be when Yoda pulls the X-Wing from the swamp.

"I...I don't believe it."
    "That is why you fail."

So very Zen of the little green guy and so poetic.

Yes...very wise, Yoda is.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Strong with him, the force is.

Yes...
    But teach grammar, he could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Lucas had him added into the film at the end, replacing Sebastian Shaw when Anakin fades in to join Ben and Yoda. It's in the recently released dvd versions of the film.
    Every time I watch this version, it irritates the hell out of me. Why didn't they go ahead and use the old crusty version that Luke sees when he removes Vader's mask too?

Country
    Country Flag

Girl, I don't even watch THAT version. It spits in the face of the entire idea of Vader's redemption, and I refuse to watch it. Fortunately for me, I have the originals too.

The original trilogy has so many great scenes. I really don't think the prequels line up well with the orig. trilogy, just too many holes and loose ends.

As for the special editions, they are cool but have been changed far too much to align with the prequels. I of couse HATED that Greedo shoots Han in the SE, just awful idea and it looked awful as well.

I love that fght scene on the sail barge in Jedi, and Vader and Luke's battle in Empire, or when Luke wounds Vader and then throws away his lightsaber, then gets hit by the Emperor, and Vader saves his son, just awesome stuff.

And of course Princess Leia in the metal bikini. How I dreamf of someone wearing that for me.

(I am a sad geek)

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I still mark out when Luke strikes back at Vader on the second Death Star. And when Vader rises to his feet and looks between his master and his son, whoof. I get goose bumps just thinking about that scene. I LOVE the Star Wars, but most especially the original trilogy.
    YUP YUP! Original best, but it was nice to see all of it on screen.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Oh without a doubt, it was great to see the films on the big screen, a nice experience.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

u know with all the prequal bashing going on I've gotta defend em
    I grew up first with the 90s re release starwars boom and then the new films and I like both of them
    Yes phantom menace is not as goo as any of the others but I don't hate it, i found it to be an entertaining sci-fi film, yeah jar ja was odd but It was purposefully a much more innocent/ childlike film than any of the other ones because it was supposed to be! plus
    it takes place at the end of a long era of peace and prosperity
    darth maul was a badass, wish he had been in the other 2 though...

episode 2 was sweeeet, christopher lee kicks ass as does samuel l jackson
    the explanation of the clones was cool too
    and episode 3 was as good a the empire strikes back, just awesome and tragic
    and as far as anakin/ padmes age difference chew on this: the physical difference between an 8 year old and a 16 year old is much more extreme than that of an 18 year old and a 26 year old of course they would look closer to one anothers age in a decade
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

^Dooku and Grievous were pretty cool villains.

Darth Maul died off way too early and easy in the series. I was hoping he'd make it to Ep 3 and fight Vader.

Though, in an issue of Star Wars Tales, a comic, Vader and Maul fight and Vader kicks Maul's butt, so cool too.

In another issue Han Solo meets Indiana Jones. Sort of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast