Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian, about your novels binge. I know you said you're pretty much going in timeline order and you also did not like the sequel trilogy. However, I have gathered that the novelizations of Episodes 7-8-9 read better as novels and actually have a lot of content and context added to them. As my last attempt to get you to enjoy the sequel era of Star Wars, perhaps once you get to it, give the novels a try?

I would suggest the following:
    • Bloodline (focuses on Leia before Episode 7 and lays the groundwork for the sequels)
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    • Star Wars: The Last Jedi (expanded from the film)
    • Resistance Reborn (a key book set between Episodes 8 and 9)
    • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (expanded from the film)

There are other novels set during this time period (Free Fall, Force Collector, Phasma, the two Galaxy's Edge novels), but none that I believe are essential to the main saga story. Since you seem to be able to get through these books fairly quickly, perhaps if you do these, at least you'll have a slightly better feel for the story they were trying to tell that might not have come through as well for you on the screen. Also, the Resistance animated series is set before Episode 7 and between 7 and 8, but it too isn't essential, I don't think.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bloodline sounds really intriguing. Not so sure I'd be sold on the others but one doesn't know if one doesn't try I know, I know, there is no try.

I've only watched the 1st season of Rebels. I do intend to finish it eventually. I've stalled a bit on the comics as well but I'll get back to them in all due time as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Bloodline sounds really intriguing. Not so sure I'd be sold on the others but one doesn't know if one doesn't try I know, I know, there is no try.

I've only watched the 1st season of Rebels. I do intend to finish it eventually. I've stalled a bit on the comics as well but I'll get back to them in all due time as well.
    Great! I'm sure you'll do the right thing!

And yes, the first season of Rebels was a bit slow (with some cool moments), and the first half of the second. However, it really picks up in the third and fourth seasons, I thought, since that's when the Rebel Alliance is effectively formed, and the crew of the Ghost begin to actively assist the Rebels. There are less one-off stories and a lot of the plot leads to the finale, which is pretty epic.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

This is obviously pure fan speculation but I really can't wait for the Ahsoka series and all indications point to Sabine and Ezra being a big part of that show. Here are some interesting ideas of who might be considered for the roles:

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian! It was just announced that EK Johnston is releasing a third novel her Padme trilogy!

https://www.starwars.com/news/queens...clusive-reveal

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Hey Brian! It was just announced that EK Johnston is releasing a third novel her Padme trilogy!

https://www.starwars.com/news/queens...clusive-reveal
    Sweet! I really enjoyed the first two. She does a great job with the character vs the movies. There is so much more depth to Padme.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I’ll read all three when the final one comes out! I love Padme but she’s such an underused character, for being such an important one! At least we have these books to flesh out her story! There was more to her in the Clone Wars series, but she was still mainly in the background.

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I’ll read all three when the final one comes out! I love Padme but she’s such an underused character, for being such an important one! At least we have these books to flesh out her story!
    We got to see a lot more of her in Clones as well. There is just no beating a well written novel for any content. It has always been all about Anakin. Nice to see her get her due.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, this has become the "Brian Mae" thread. "Brian May", now where have I heard that name before????? lol lol J/K Boys & Girls J/K

I think its time I freaking committed to the animated stuff especially, since it was announced that one of the new series will pick up right where "Clone Wars (at least the last couple episodes)" left off. I have watched the first season so I better get to it!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan to get around to The Clone Wars at some point, there's just so much other stuff to watch. I typically favor dark dramas on other networks before giving time to animated stuff.

My goal is to get to it in Q2 2021

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I plan to get around to The Clone Wars at some point, there's just so much other stuff to watch. I typically favor dark dramas on other networks before giving time to animated stuff.

You haven't watched TCW? Get on it, feev! As I've said before, it starts out kiddish, sure, but it gets more and more intense and dark, and by the final two seasons it's definitely not a kids show anymore. That final four-episode arc is some of the best Star Wars content EVER.

You could watch it as a standalone thing but you would miss tons of context from the preceding seasons. TCW and Rebels are essential viewing for SW going forward, undoubtedly. You won't be lost, but again, you'll be missing so much context and character development. Like what's Ahsoka doing in The Mandolorian and in her own show? Who's Bo-Katan? Who's Ezra? Who's Sabine?

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As someone who wanted nothing to do with Clone Wars for the longest time, I can also vouch for it being fantastic. It covers so many aspects of why we love Star Wars. At about 25 minutes, they're super easy to breeze through too. It should fill in that Mandalorian gap pretty well

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, like "30 Coins" on HBO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's on my HBO watch list. Just for you Bill

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's on my HBO watch list. Just for you Bill
    Its a fun show. I cannot lie... im hooked
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, hope you're back to Rebels watching?

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, hope you're back to Rebels watching?
    Um,

Country
    Country Flag

Come on, Brian, it gets better! Much better! I'm so excited for you to follow the journey! And it will make you that much more excited for Mando Season 3 and the rest of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Come on, Brian, it gets better! Much better! I'm so excited for you to follow the journey!
    I've fallen off the wagon a bit on SW in general. I'll find my way back eventually

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a release schedule for all this new SW content? Seems like it is falling way behind the MCU content at this point. Lucasfilm, needs to get it together. What happened to the "We're in it for the Money" declaration at the investors meeting? get, Kennedy out, put Favareau/Filoni in and let's move on already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like, "Star Wars Meg". She always seems very on point and accurate. No crazy rumors and speculation. She always seems very grounded. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Woo! More (old) Star Wars stuff coming to Disney+ in April, we are getting the Ewoks movies and TV show, the Boba Fett animated short from the infamous Holiday Special, and the original 2D Clone Wars series! None of this is now canon, mind you (Brian), but still fun SW stuff!

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-wars-in-april
    As we learned during Disney’s Investor Day presentation back in December, Lucasfilm has tons of new Star Wars TV shows in the works that should have fans renewing their Disney+ subscriptions for years to come. However, there’s plenty of room on the service for pre-Disney content as well, including an earlier look at the events of the Clone Wars. Via ComicBook.com, Disney+ has revealed the full list of new titles joining its streaming library next month. And old-school fans will be happy to learn that Genndy Tartakovsly’s Star Wars: Clone Wars series made the cut (via SuperHeroHype).

Unlike its CG successor, the original Clone Wars series was presented in 2D animation in a hand-drawn style similar to Samurai Jack, which Tartakovsky also created. Picking up where Attack of the Clones left off, the show premiered in 2003 on Cartoon Network and aired 25 episodes across three seasons. Although the chapters comprising the first two seasons ran for five minutes apiece, season 3’s episodes had their runtimes expanded to about 15 minutes. The series concluded its run in 2005, two months before Revenge of the Sith hit theaters. All episodes will be available to stream starting on April 2.

Thankfully, Clone Wars isn’t the only Star Wars-themed TV project hitting Disney+ in the coming weeks. Also on April 2, the platform will take viewers back to 1985 with the Ewoks animated series. Fans will be able to stream all 26 episodes of that show. Subscribers can also watch the two live-action Ewok-centric films that aired on ABC in the mid-’80s. This includes 1984’s Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and its sequel, 1985’s Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

Finally, the odds of The Star Wars Holiday Special ever getting a Disney+ release may be slim. Regardless, fans can settle for the next best thing. The special’s animated section, The Story of the Faithful Wookiee, is also hitting the platform on April 2. This story memorably marked the first appearance of Boba Fett before The Empire Strikes Back opened in 1980.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to check it out. Sounds like 2D Clones will be a quick watch. Ewoks were never really mine thing so not so sure I'll revisit those. I did start my latest SW novel last night .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast