Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    done!!!!! zTY
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are these the books in The Thrawn Trilogy? Heir to the Empire (1991), Dark Force Rising (1992), and The Last Command (1993).
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, those are the older non-canon (Legends) books. You want the newer ones:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...(novel_series)
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...ndancy_Trilogy

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    No, those are the older non-canon (Legends) books. You want the newer ones:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...(novel_series)
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...ndancy_Trilogy
    Oh wow. It's not even finished yet.

I found this list as well that states these are all the adult canon novels thus far:

Master & Apprentice by Claudia Gray
    Queen's Shadow by E. K. Johnston
    Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel by James Luceno
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander Freed
    Dark Disciple by Christie Golden
    Ahsoka by E. K. Johnston
    Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp
    Tarkin by James Luceno
    Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty
    Most Wanted by Rae Carson
    Rebel Rising by Beth Revis
    A New Dawn by John Jackson Miller
    Lost Stars by Claudia Gray
    Last Shot by Daniel José Older
    Battlefront: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed
    Leia, Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray
    Thrawn by Timothy Zahn
    Thrawn: Alliances by Timothy Zahn
    Thrawn: Treason by Timothy Zahn
    Guardians of the Whills by Greg Rucka
    Heir to the Jedi by Kevin Hearne
    Battlefront II: Inferno Squad by Christie Golden
    Aftermath by Chuck Wendig
    Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wendig
    Aftermath: Empire's End by Chuck Wendig
    Bloodline by Claudia Gray
    Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi by Jason Fry
    Resistance Reborn by Rebecca Roannhorse
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Read Lords of the Sith if you get a chance. That book is excellent.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Read Lords of the Sith if you get a chance. That book is excellent.
    Understanding that most aren't audio book fans, but I commute 3 hours to work round trip each day. I've got all the time in the world

What did you think of Fallen Order?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Started Rebels last night and not a big fan of the animation style. Wasn't as kiddish as I thought it'd be either though.

I also subscribed to ComiXology and have started down the rabbit hole of the comics.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the switch in art style from Clone Wars to Rebels is something to get used to, sadly Disney would not offer the team the same budget as before.

I could be wrong, but Comixology does not have every SW issue for reading, you may need to purchase some. Marvel Unlimited, however, should. But I am not at all familiar with comics other than a handful of titles, so maybe someone (feev?) can correct me.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, Brian, don't forget about High Republic, the new era of Star Wars that's just started with books and comics!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the switch in art style from Clone Wars to Rebels is something to get used to, sadly Disney would not offer the team the same budget as before.

I could be wrong, but Comixology does not have every SW issue for reading, you may need to purchase some. Marvel Unlimited, however, should. But I am not at all familiar with comics other than a handful of titles, so maybe someone (feev?) can correct me.
    Looks like all the issues are there on Comixology but some do have to be purchased rather than "borrowed". I'll check out Marvel Unlimited and see what they have over there.

Have The High Republic on my radar as well

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I found this list as well that states these are all the adult canon novels thus far:
    By my count, Light of the Jedi would be the 40th canon adult novel, in order of publication:
    1. A New Dawn
    2. Tarkin
    3. Heir to the Jedi
    4. Lords of the Sith
    5. Dark Disciple
    6. Lost Stars
    7. Aftermath
    8. Battlefront: Twilight Company
    9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    10. Bloodline
    11. Aftermath: Life Debt
    12. Ahsoka
    13. Catalyst
    14. Rogue One
    15. Aftermath: Empire's End
    16. Thrawn
    17. Rebel Rising
    18. Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
    19. Leia, Princess of Alderaan
    20. Phasma
    21. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
    22. Last Shot
    23. Most Wanted
    24. Thrawn: Alliances
    25. Solo
    26. Queen's Shadow
    27. Master & Apprentice
    28. Alphabet Squadron
    29. Thrawn: Treason
    30. A Crash of Fate
    31. Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
    32. Dooku: Jedi Lost
    33. Force Collector
    34. Resistance Reborn
    35. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
    36. Queen's Peril
    37. Shadow Fall
    38. Poe Dameron: Free Fall
    39. Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
    40. The High Republic: Light of the Jedi

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely plenty of material out there to get your geek on.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By my count, Light of the Jedi would be the 40th canon adult novel, in order of publication:
    1. A New Dawn
    2. Tarkin
    3. Heir to the Jedi
    4. Lords of the Sith
    5. Dark Disciple
    6. Lost Stars
    7. Aftermath
    8. Battlefront: Twilight Company
    9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    10. Bloodline
    11. Aftermath: Life Debt
    12. Ahsoka
    13. Catalyst
    14. Rogue One
    15. Aftermath: Empire's End
    16. Thrawn
    17. Rebel Rising
    18. Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
    19. Leia, Princess of Alderaan
    20. Phasma
    21. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
    22. Last Shot
    23. Most Wanted
    24. Thrawn: Alliances
    25. Solo
    26. Queen's Shadow
    27. Master & Apprentice
    28. Alphabet Squadron
    29. Thrawn: Treason
    30. A Crash of Fate
    31. Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
    32. Dooku: Jedi Lost
    33. Force Collector
    34. Resistance Reborn
    35. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
    36. Queen's Peril
    37. Shadow Fall
    38. Poe Dameron: Free Fall
    39. Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
    40. The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
    Wait... there are cannon books now?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wait... there are cannon books now?
    Yep. Not published in order of events in the galaxy but there they are. I'm working my way through reading them in the timeline order as well as the comics as well as TV lol. All depends on how much you want to get down with the sickness

I really wish you could at least give The Clone Wars a hard try, Kris. Although animated, it's a top notch series. Even if you stopped after that, I think you'd have a greater appreciation for the Star Wars story as a whole. I'm blaming Mae for encouraging me to watch it and the fandom monster she has turned me into lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Great call, Mae on having me check out Marvel Unlimited. Some stuff does have to be purchased with Comixology but looks like I can get all the old, canon comics leading into the new stuff there as part of the subscription.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm blaming Mae for encouraging me to watch it and the fandom monster she has turned me into lol.
    I will gladly accept that blame! I’m so happy I was able to convert at least one person! There is much more to Star Wars than just the movies. Now that everyone has seen Mando and realizes there’s a biggest galaxy, I hope people do watch Clone Wars and Rebels and gain that deeper appreciation and understanding of the story. Like you said, Brian, it’s what the prequels should have been. It’s a great story and fantastic animation. And Ahsoka is one of my favorite SW characters of all time. I’m so excited to see her arduous journey continue in her own show, I really can’t wait!

Country
    Country Flag

Great call, Mae on having me check out Marvel Unlimited. Some stuff does have to be purchased with Comixology but looks like I can get all the old, canon comics leading into the new stuff there as part of the subscription.
    Awesome! I haven't read a lot of those comics but your enthusiasm is pretty infectious so I may have to get a subscription myself and get to reading those comics, too. Problem is, there are just so many: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tim...f_canon_comics And Marvel Unlimited has all the older non-canon comics, too, if you're curious...

Country
    Country Flag

I'm blaming Mae for encouraging me to watch it and the fandom monster she has turned me into lol.
    I will gladly accept that blame! I’m so happy I was able to convert at least one person! There is much more to Star Wars than just the movies. Now that everyone has seen Mando and realizes there’s a biggest galaxy, I hope people do watch Clone Wars and Rebels and gain that deeper appreciation and understanding of the story. Like you said, Brian, it’s what the prequels should have been. It’s a great story and fantastic animation. And Ahsoka is one of my favorite SW characters of all time. I’m so excited to see her arduous journey continue in her own show, I really can’t wait!
    I am so stoked for it all! My only fear is that it will somehow get out of control and lose the quality we have come used to with Mando. As long as they can keep it on the rails, I believe we are in for some great stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I haven't read a lot of those comics but your enthusiasm is pretty infectious so I may have to get a subscription myself and get to reading those comics, too. Problem is, there are just so many: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tim...f_canon_comics And Marvel Unlimited has all the older non-canon comics, too, if you're curious...
    I'm good with just sticking with the canon stuff because there is plenty of that to satisfy me. Now, just trying to keep up with everything new coming out canon wise may be a challenge. I found this guide as well for reading the comics in order. It probably hasn't been updated in awhile and it may not be as good as the one you posted:

Marvel Star Wars Comics – A Reading Guide To What’s In Canon

Also, outside of the recent TV shows, I'm stopping after Return of the Jedi in the timeline. I just dislike the sequels that much. Unless I can find good stuff about what everyone was up to before Episode 7.

Country
    Country Flag

How's the Rebels binge going, Brian? Excited for your new report!

Country
    Country Flag

How's the Rebels binge going, Brian? Excited for your new report!
    It's tough going so I hope it gets better. I'm having to force myself to watch a few episodes a night. I couldn't get enough of TCW in comparison. The constant banter between Ezra, Zeb, and Chopper is annoying. I'll stick with it if I must and hope for the best. Otherwise, point me in the direction of some key episodes and I'm fine with that too.

It was interesting the find out the origins of the Empire Inquisitors and that the series appears to take place 15 years after Revenge of the Sith.

I'm really enjoying the comics too and have been reading a least a series a night of those.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the show's a bit different in tone, but, depending where you are now, it gets very much closer to that Clone Wars tone, a bit darker and more exciting, less kiddish. On the plus side, the seasons are shorter (12-15 episodes, as opposed to 20+), so it should be a much faster watch. The show starts about 5 years before A New Hope (there are 19 years between Episodes 3 and 4), and I love how it fleshes out and sets up the Rebel Alliance, and then leads into Episode 4 (by the way, cool little piece of lore, but these characters were present at the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One, you can see their ship in one of the shots). I was always curious how the rebels came to be and this gets into that, with some classic characters making appearances. And yes, we get information about the Inquisitors and, honestly, so much more. I say, keep going. Just need to accept it's not another season of Clone Wars, it definitely has a different feel, but I do believe it is essential. If only because the upcoming Ahsoka show sounds like will be a direct continuation of Rebels, with some of the returning cast and storylines.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the show's a bit different in tone, but, depending where you are now, it gets very much closer to that Clone Wars tone, a bit darker and more exciting, less kiddish. On the plus side, the seasons are shorter (12-15 episodes, as opposed to 20+), so it should be a much faster watch. The show starts about 5 years before A New Hope (there are 19 years between Episodes 3 and 4), and I love how it fleshes out and sets up the Rebel Alliance, and then leads into Episode 4 (by the way, cool little piece of lore, but these characters were present at the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One, you can see their ship in one of the shots). I was always curious how the rebels came to be and this gets into that, with some classic characters making appearances. And yes, we get information about the Inquisitors and, honestly, so much more. I say, keep going. Just need to accept it's not another season of Clone Wars, it definitely has a different feel, but I do believe it is essential. If only because the upcoming Ahsoka show sounds like will be a direct continuation of Rebels, with some of the returning cast and storylines.
    I'm probably on episode 10 and there is only 15 episodes in the first season. Looks like 22 for seasons 2&3 and 15 for the final season. Like I said, it needs to get better or it's going to be a painful next couple of weeks trying to get those down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast