Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 130 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3232

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Anyone else bummed about the super quick run time of the episodes? I understand it's one big story split across 8 episodes, but damn do I not want it to end. The 2nd episode's 34 minute runtime (or whatever it was) just gave me blue balls. Can't wait to binge the entire season in its entirety
    Agreed! I'm so engaged it seems like it's only been 5 minutes when the credits roll. How about that gorgeous art at the end of each episode!

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Curious as to how a theme park ride falls into the timeline.
    Are you referring to the one opening December 5th in Orlando?
    Yea. It's in the timeline that Mae posted.
    I love how the art changes in the end for each episode too. It gives me Spartacus vibes (which I absolutely loved)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I wouldn't be able to encapsulate it or express it better than the video's author did, so if you ever have some time to kill and are a SW fan, check it out. Personally, as pointed out in the video, it's how these new characters we've never met but have been alluded to are presented, their tragic journey and sacrifice, it all makes for a compelling drama. The final lead-in into A New Hope is masterfully done. It works great both as a standalone story and as a direct prequel to Episode 4. I never had an issue with the opening scene of A New Hope but apparently some fans did and still do after Rogue One. Regardless, the film itself and the doomed characters it introduces is what wins it for me. And just visually speaking it's great with the final battle being some of the very best Star Wars has ever done.

I'd actually care about the doomed characters if the film gave me a reason to care about its paper thin characters. The only thing I felt at the film's end was relief that I wouldn't have to see any of them again. The final battle does nothing for me because I don't care if the characters live or die and I already knew they succeeded in getting the plans so there was zero tension. I don't know how they took a simple premise, a heist to steal death star plans, and screwed it up so badly. There isn't any espionage, no elaborate plan with a cast of colourful characters with specific skills that all need to execute their roles just right or everything goes to hell. Essentially nothing about the film worked for me. It's the reason I haven't watched a Star Wars film in over 3 years.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Re: Mandalorian Ep 2: great. A lot of fun, I’m still intrigued by the story, and the effects are pretty near seamless. It’s a kids’ show, and paced as such, but I’m along for the ride.

Re: Rogue One. It was ... fine. The story was interesting and special effects were fantastic. But at no point did I identify with or care about any of the characters. They didn’t seem likeable or real. They did things because the script told them to. There was no inner fire or soul.

On paper, Rogue One is a better movie than The Force Awakens, but I enjoyed TFA much more. What emotional response I had to RO was due to the battle scenes and stunning CGI set pieces, not to the plight of the characters.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Re: Mandalorian Ep 2: great. A lot of fun, I’m still intrigued by the story, and the effects are pretty near seamless. It’s a kids’ show, and paced as such, but I’m along for the ride.

Re: Rogue One. It was ... fine. The story was interesting and special effects were fantastic. But at no point did I identify with or care about any of the characters. They didn’t seem likeable or real. They did things because the script told them to. There was no inner fire or soul.

On paper, Rogue One is a better movie than The Force Awakens, but I enjoyed TFA much more. What emotional response I had to RO was due to the battle scenes and stunning CGI set pieces, not to the plight of the characters.
    Kids show? Oh I don’t get that at all. This is built for US. Adults who loved the original three Star wars films. These are meant for all ages but I would contend more adult than kid.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’m not belittling it by calling it a kids show. Certainly it’s meant to appeal to adult viewers as well - particularly those that get the references. The pacing and episode length is more similar to a kids show than to (say) Daredevil on Netflix. It would work equally well as an animated show, in fact.

Perhaps calling it a family show is more accurate.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m not belittling it by calling it a kids show. Certainly it’s meant to appeal to adult viewers as well - particularly those that get the references. The pacing and episode length is more similar to a kids show than to (say) Daredevil on Netflix. It would work equally well as an animated show, in fact.

HBJ
    I agree that SW has always been a family friendly series. I think that's part of the appeal to so many as well. I know it is for me anyway. In a day and age when you have meaningless sex scenes every 5 minutes, this is very refreshing.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    Im a big kid anyways. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

HBJ
    I actually think it's too long for a kids show. Episodes are 40 minutes right? So it's paced similarly to an hour long cable TV show. That's just how many commercials they run these days. I'm not really sure what the choice behind it was, but I'm guessing that the 40 minute run time is probably Disney+'s plan for it's original show content. I'm guessing all the live action Marvel shows will be that way as well.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Episode length has varied so far. The last episode was only 33 minutes. The first was over 45 (if I remember correctly). Not sure if it was a longer than average pilot, or if the second episode was simply a bit short. I'm hoping for more longer episodes.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Episode length has varied so far. The last episode was only 33 minutes. The first was over 45 (if I remember correctly). Not sure if it was a longer than average pilot, or if the second episode was simply a bit short. I'm hoping for more longer episodes.
    First was 38 mins AND near 5 of it was the end credits.. same with the second one
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Fun little space-western, even if the second episode was very spinning-its-wheels.

Curious to see

Spoiler:
    how mini-Yoda plays into the overall mythos since we know no such prominent character exists in episodes 7-9.... or does he?

The production values are amazing, anxious to see how it will tie into the overall SW mythos.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

On another note,
    Totally agree and just love him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:
    We don't as yet.............................I wonder if it's a situation where there is only one "Yoda" per generation and this one was born when our, Yoda passed on. Could be, right? That would be kinda cool I think.

I too love the story board art after each episode. Very cool.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    On another note,
    Totally agree and just love him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:
    We don't as yet.............................I wonder if it's a situation where there is only one "Yoda" per generation and this one was born when our, Yoda passed on. Could be, right? That would be kinda cool I think.

I too love the story board art after each episode. Very cool.
    Spoiler:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Saw the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Fun little space-western, even if the second episode was very spinning-its-wheels.

Curious to see

Spoiler:
    how mini-Yoda plays into the overall mythos since we know no such prominent character exists in episodes 7-9.... or does he?

The production values are amazing, anxious to see how it will tie into the overall SW mythos.
    Spoiler:
    I could see them breaking that sucker out at the end of E9.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

One thing I really liked about the second Ep is that there was practically no dialogue for the first couple of sequences. Nothing was explained, but we understood everything that was going on. I like it when a show trusts its audience enough to not spell everything out.

It also solidified the Mandalorian as a character who doesn’t talk much. He doesn’t talk to himself (a device often used for exposition), or to someone who won’t understand him (another device, ditto). I actually hope the Mandalorian doesn’t get a love interest or a crew, because it will result in a lot more nattering onscreen. I like the show’s mood right now, keeping the dialogue to a minimum.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

One thing I really liked about the second Ep is that there was practically no dialogue for the first couple of sequences. Nothing was explained, but we understood everything that was going on. I like it when a show trusts its audience enough to not spell everything out.

It also solidified the Mandalorian as a character who doesn’t talk much. He doesn’t talk to himself (a device often used for exposition), or to someone who won’t understand him (another device, ditto). I actually hope the Mandalorian doesn’t get a love interest or a crew, because it will result in a lot more nattering onscreen. I like the show’s mood right now, keeping the dialogue to a minimum.

HBJ
    I agree with this completely, Peter. Although I did enjoy the interaction he's had with the one character, name escapes me. Limited interactions (vocally) through the course of his travels would do just fine.

And thanks for not hating on the show again, Peter. We can no longer be friends however, with your disdain for Rogue One J/K

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    TOTALLY agree with this. I think a "squad, crew, team" would suck. I also will BE PISSED if he takes off his helmut. That ruined Kylo Ren for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    TOTALLY agree with this. I think a "squad, crew, team" would suck. I also will BE PISSED if he takes off his helmut. That ruined Kylo Ren for me.
    Me too. I thought, what a wiener lol.

HBJ
    I would be okay if he removed it briefly, but I would not be okay if he didn’t wear it every other second of the show.

Spoiler:

There was one line of dialogue that explained that a Mandalorian’s weapons are part of their religion - I really liked the ritualistic creation of his shoulder plate from the metal, incidentally - so I hope that means he won’t remove the helmet unless it’s physically removed by someone else. I have to think Disney won’t resist the reveal tho. Maybe in the finale.

Ilium (Simmons)

HBJ
    I agree with this completely, Peter. Although I did enjoy the interaction he's had with the one character, name escapes me. Limited interactions (vocally) through the course of his travels would do just fine.

And thanks for not hating on the show again, Peter. We can no longer be friends however, with your disdain for Rogue One J/K
    Good one. I’ll try to cut down on my hate fueled rants

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Good one. I’ll try to cut down on my hate fueled rants

HBJ
    +1 lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Saw this on Facebook.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic

Hehehehehehe. That made me laugh.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't realize he was also eaten by a gator!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 130 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast