Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 130 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Wars Discussion

This is a StarWars thread and I will give my impression.

I actually went to see the first one with my parents back in '77. It was all the rage then, for kids and adults and I am pretty sure it's because all the adults were on drugs.

When ESB came out we literally rushed to the theater to see in and were shocked at the ending.

RotJ came next and I remember being old enough to think the ewoks were kind of stupid but the effects were amazing. Even before they added the universe celebrating in a re release, I remember thinking every thing was fine now and there would be peace.

Then we hit the new century. And a new set of movies came out. At first, the idea that they would tell the beginning of the story was amazing to me, then I bought a ticket.

I think George took the greatest villain in the history of the universe and turned him into a whiny baby that can't get what he wants and decides to just take it. By the end, I wanted them to knife the boy an save everyone a bunch of trouble. It just got worse from there imo.

The only hope? I think Lucas could do a lot with three more movies. Let someone else direct them and get Ford, Hammel and Fisher to come back as the old guard. A generation of peace and now the Sith are back.

Of course, cool a-list young actors to play the new Jedi's
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 09-01-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

They could also adapt a story arc from the enormous amount of books out there. They are all written on the timeline set by the films, and the books that take place in the latest time frame feature a new Jedi Academy headed by Luke.

Also....

*hums the Emperor theme*
    In Digitized Remorse

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Scared the shit out of me back in the day.

Darth was choking people with his mind before it was cool. 8)
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anakin was/is a whiner. Honestly, I really can't wrap my mind around Vader and Anakin being the same person...I mean, I KNOW they are, but I didn't need to feel sorry for Vader, ROTJ did enough of that.

But I always thought Luke was kinda of a whiner too. Guess he got that from his daddy.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

my dad and i have been talking about this for the last few years.

also.

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    Anakin was/is a whiner. Honestly, I really can't wrap my mind around Vader and Anakin being the same person...I mean, I KNOW they are, but I didn't need to feel sorry for Vader, ROTJ did enough of that.

But I always thought Luke was kinda of a whiner too. Guess he got that from his daddy.
    my feelings, exactly.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its part of those Jedi thingys in the blood.

(click the links, matt)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did, it looks great but I don't have quite enough time to read through it at the moment.

I do love Star Wars talk though--I'd never build a fan site for it but its interesting.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    (click the links, matt)
    If that's the time period they're covering in the series, wouldn't it be an incredibly boring show?
    In Digitized Remorse

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am a huge Star Wars fan. I didn't care much for the first two prequels, but I think episode 3 was actually pretty good, minus the lame Vader scream at the end.

If there were movies made based on the New Jedi Order books and the Yuuzhan Vong war, I'd be a happy camper. Han, Leia and Luke are old enough in the books now that they could even have the original actors play them, and get some new talents for the Solo children and Ben Skywalker. Lucas is horrible for not counting all of the EU stuff as cannon, though(like the origins of the Death Star....it was made in the Maw Cluster at the secret ors of Gran Moff Tarkin, and the Trade Federation had nothing to do with it, damnit). He should really just listen to the EU authors, because they are way better writers than he is.

A while back, there was a news report taht Lucas made everyone at Skywalker ranch sign NDAs regaring future movies, so we may end up seeing more. In the end, even if they do sort of suck, they are still Star Wars. so I'm pretty ok with it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    (click the links, matt)
    If that's the time period they're covering in the series, wouldn't it be an incredibly boring show?

There was actually a lot going on during that time period. The empire was rather violently solidifying its hold on the galaxy and the remaining jedi were working on trying to escape and hide from Vader's purge. I am sure there is the possibility of a lot of background story that we don't completely know at this point.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    (click the links, matt)

There was actually a lot going on during that time period. The empire was rather violently solidifying its hold on the galaxy and the remaining jedi were working on trying to escape and hide from Vader's purge. I am sure there is the possibility of a lot of background story that we don't completely know at this point.
    this is almost exactly what i was going to say. you beat me to it.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh god, I hope they don't make more movies...we honestly don't have anymore room for new collectible Star Wars crap!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, here's what I think. (beware of random thoughts and no flow)

Vader still is the most bad ass villian in history. I love the entire saga! I f*cking hate Jar Jar Binks and TPM is without question the worst movie of the six. George should not have directed those prequel movies, he's horrible at dialouge and at the art of directing.
    Luke was/is a pussy (but I still loved him), so it makes sense that his dad grew up as one too, imo. ROTS is my favorite of them all because that fight scene was absolutely kickass. I think Anakin's fall was cool and even though HC isn't the greatest actor, I thought he grew from E2 to E3. The final Obi-Vader scene when Obi was screaming/pleading at him while Vader was crawling on the ground was a fantastic scene. ObiWan is a fricking pimp, by far the coolest character of the whole saga. The Vader "NOOOOO!" was not really cool but I think there were other lines that were worse. I think that line would probably been edited out if I had been in charge.
    Those are my random thoughts, perhaps I will expand on them at another time. Star Wars remains my favorite movie/saga as The Dark Tower is my favorite book/saga.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they should have sent Obi Wan to fight Palpatine in the end. He would not have punked out like Yoda did

The little green guy told him they "could not fail" and then went and did just that. Hurt his little leg and ran.

Spider-Man would have gone out the sewer and returned through the window for more kickass.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I KNOW you aren't frontin' on Yoda, Matt!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Damn Matt, those are fightin words about Yoda. (even though, i agree, obiwan wouldn't have quit...but would have died fighting)

Yoda just realized that wasn't the time.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

pfft--I didn't want to say it but I had to. He gave up and ran away like a little chicken.

That last conversation between him and Obi was all about how they "could not fail". Can you imagine if Obi would have left like that, before the job was done?

It was a huge disappointment to me.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'll forgive you.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Monte--I am controversial but also huggable.

Country
    Country Flag

All this talk of Star Wars makes me want to switch back to my ObiWan av that I used at .net.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They should get Gerard Butler (Leonidas) to play one of the Sith, only this time he'll scream:

THIS IS THE EMPIRE!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Oh, where do I begin?

BTW Monte, Star Wars 1 wasn't the worst... Star Wars 2 was the worst by a long shot.

I remember when Star Wars 4 came out... I actually saw it with my family at the Drive-In. My favorite of the 6 was Empire... the cliffhanger at the end drove me crazy, having to wait for Jedi to come out 2 years later was excruciating.

After seeing the new ones, I like the concept that the whole Star Wars story is really about the fall of the major character, his tyranny, then his salvation at the end. The Anakin/Vader character on paper is the perfect character.

Where Lucas screwed up was in the CASTING of Anakin. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE acting... I had no feelings for ANY of the characters in episodes 1-3 (except Obi-Wan) which made it difficult to care. Opposingly, I DID care about the characters in episodes 4-6. Anakin was whiny and annoying, and Padme (sp), rather than being a strong female role (like Leia)... became wimpy.

In episode 3, my favorite part was when we hear Anakin breathe for the first time as Vader.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite episode from III was the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin/Vader, it was just orgasmic.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    BTW Monte, Star Wars 1 wasn't the worst... Star Wars 2 was the worst by a long shot.
    Hmm, I liked it more because Jar Jar only had like two scenes and it was awesome to see all the Jedis fighting together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 130 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast