Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Threaded View

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Wars Discussion

This is a StarWars thread and I will give my impression.

I actually went to see the first one with my parents back in '77. It was all the rage then, for kids and adults and I am pretty sure it's because all the adults were on drugs.

When ESB came out we literally rushed to the theater to see in and were shocked at the ending.

RotJ came next and I remember being old enough to think the ewoks were kind of stupid but the effects were amazing. Even before they added the universe celebrating in a re release, I remember thinking every thing was fine now and there would be peace.

Then we hit the new century. And a new set of movies came out. At first, the idea that they would tell the beginning of the story was amazing to me, then I bought a ticket.

I think George took the greatest villain in the history of the universe and turned him into a whiny baby that can't get what he wants and decides to just take it. By the end, I wanted them to knife the boy an save everyone a bunch of trouble. It just got worse from there imo.

The only hope? I think Lucas could do a lot with three more movies. Let someone else direct them and get Ford, Hammel and Fisher to come back as the old guard. A generation of peace and now the Sith are back.

Of course, cool a-list young actors to play the new Jedi's
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 09-01-2008 at 12:17 PM.