Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 130 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I doubt it. Baby Yoda would still pretty much be a baby, wouldn't he?
    I agree. He would.... BUT doesn't it seem a little too coincidental? First big show they drop is a Star Wars show.... the finale finds its way JUST after the release of Star Wars's last entry of the Skywalker saga? I dont know.. but I will for sure this Friday haha
    I was thinking the same thing. The series has seemed to conveniently steered away from the Baby Yoda story. I figure "Daddy/grown up Yoda" will put in a ethereal appearance and bring Rey (perhaps?) up to date on the whole Jedi history, him included. Anyone wanna wager with Kris and I that that will be the case? I'm willing to bet heavily on it myself. I'd be floored if that is not the case or something real similar anyway.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I doubt it. Baby Yoda would still pretty much be a baby, wouldn't he?
    He might be toddler Yoda by that point.

Maybe grade-school-age Yoda.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Rise of Skywalker takes place less than 30 years after The Mandalorian. Given that Baby Yoda is 50 in the show and looks to be about a year old in our terms, he'd be like at best 1 and a half, so just about the same.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing the new movie on Thursday ate 6PM, on a screen that is as big as the Fenway Parks' Green Monster - can't wait!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yeah, Rise of Skywalker takes place less than 30 years after The Mandalorian. Given that Baby Yoda is 50 in the show and looks to be about a year old in our terms, he'd be like at best 1 and a half, so just about the same.
    True, but if he's about one and a half now in our terms, that would make him two and a half in 30 years. That would get interesting.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Looks like the newest episode of Mandalorian will drop Wednesday this week.
    Yeppers... AND isn't that ironic my man? A day before the release of the last movie in the saga. WHO wants to bet... Baby Yoda has SOMETHING to do with this whole thing?
    It would be cool for sure. It'll be awhile before I get to check out the film though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Heading off to the new movie tonight!!!! And then again tomorrow morning 😁

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Yay! Heading off to the new movie tonight!!!! And then again tomorrow morning 😁

I know your a huge fan like me. Can you come back and let us know? SO far the early reactions are not good... really scaring me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's super early. I have to wait until Saturday. But I'll be watching The Last Jedi tonight, and so my complete SW re-watch will be complete.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's super early. I have to wait until Saturday. But I'll be watching The Last Jedi tonight, and so my complete SW re-watch will be complete.
    Nice going!!! Now that is dedication!!! You inspired me to a somewhat similar task. I'm at the tail end of a Episode IV thru Episode VIII rewatch with my grandson. We should be wrapping up this weekend and will hopefully then got to see Ep. IX!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm nowhere near as excited for Ep IX, so I can wait until next week. Maybe Christmas Day when I have the day off. The early reviews have a me a little worried tho...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’ll see it early next week when there are still people in the theater but it’s easier to get a ticket.

I’m not reading reviews. I’m excited to see it for myself.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A little thought provoking???

http://www.aintitcool.com/star_wars_...ute_ode-82674/

Or maybe just some silly sappy shit. Still the end of an era, whilst another begins.....................

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Chapter 7 Mandalorian was really good. Looking forward to seeing if there is a tie in to the movie

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    A little thought provoking???

http://www.aintitcool.com/star_wars_...ute_ode-82674/

Or maybe just some silly sappy shit. Still the end of an era, whilst another begins.....................
    That second letter is basically me. I'm just a little older than the writer but I was also born into a world where Luke Skywalker has always existed. I've loved SW since I was a little kid playing with all the action figures and watching the cartoons on Saturday morning. I still love the original and the prequel trilogies and just don't understand why so many people complain about them so much.

My house is full of SW merchandise and my Christmas tree has more than a couple of SW decorations hanging on it. I've even got a couple of stocking and 5 or 6 inflatable yard decorations.

I've been helping my wife catch up on the story by watching the films that she hasn't seen yet (Solo, Rouge One and The Last Jedi) the last few nights. We'll probably head to the theaters sometime between Christmas and New Year's if we can find a free day.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got back from seeing it.

Disclaimer for those interested in my opinion: despite the flaws 7&8 both had, I still really like those films. Yes they had disappointing aspects to them, but not enough to make me sour on them.

So I really enjoyed Episode 9. I’m sure there will be people who will pick holes in parts of it, but for me, that majority of it was really good and entertaining. It answered questions, had lots of great action scenes, and felt a little gritty. It certainly was less “Disney” than the other two if that makes sense.

I’m going again in 8 hours (my boss says I’m an absolute nerd for taking a day off to watch it twice, and she’s right), and I hope to catch things I missed the first time around.

So don’t listen to the naysayers out there. Look forward to it and share your opinions once you’ve seen it. I’d like to see if I’m in the majority or minority with my initial reactions.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm catching it Christmas Day with my siblings. Unfortunately, based off some of the reviews I'm reading, it looks like my worst fears are being realized and they're just playing everything super safe and relied on nostalgia too much.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That 57% RT score right now is beautiful. Disney and Lucasfilm have clearly had zero confidence in this film for months with extended reshoots wrapping up only last month. There were said to be like 12 different cuts of the films and no one in charge knew what the film was going to be. That's why advertisements have had so little story information. It seems Disney decided to fall on the sword and hope The Mandolorain can keep Star Wars fans invested enough until they figure out what they're going to do with the next film. All of this could've been avoided if they'd actually done the crazy concept of planning out a trilogy. They planned out a release schedule and spinoff films of course, but not developing a coherent story for the milk money trilogy is just sheer idiocy. Kennedy should be fired just for being utterly incompetent here.

Yes, I know, I hate everything. I can't help reveling in this colossal failure though. Disney doesn't take L's too often.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    That 57% RT score right now is beautiful. Disney and Lucasfilm have clearly had zero confidence in this film for months with extended reshoots wrapping up only last month. There were said to be like 12 different cuts of the films and no one in charge knew what the film was going to be. That's why advertisements have had so little story information. It seems Disney decided to fall on the sword and hope The Mandolorain can keep Star Wars fans invested enough until they figure out what they're going to do with the next film. All of this could've been avoided if they'd actually done the crazy concept of planning out a trilogy. They planned out a release schedule and spinoff films of course, but not developing a coherent story for the milk money trilogy is just sheer idiocy. Kennedy should be fired just for being utterly incompetent here.

Yes, I know, I hate everything. I can't help reveling in this colossal failure though. Disney doesn't take L's too often.
    How is that beautiful man? That is the stupidest fucking comment I have heard from you. Your right.. cause you are a baby about everything that is released.. fuck everyone else right? You would RATHER Disney suffer than have the fans get a satisfying ending? Man I just shake my head. You need to open your mind and let the negative shit go dude...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'm seeing it tomorrow night, and can't wait. I've honestly liked every new Star Wars movie they've put out. Sure they aren't the original trilogy, but they were never gonna be that good. I also don't really care what the critics think. To be honest I think the critics hate Star Wars and were never going to like the new movies. That said, even if the critics hate it, this movie is still going to crush in the box office. So I doubt Disney or Lucasfilm will really care all that much about what the critics think in the end.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I'm seeing it tomorrow night, and can't wait. I've honestly liked every new Star Wars movie they've put out. Sure they aren't the original trilogy, but they were never gonna be that good. I also don't really care what the critics think. To be honest I think the critics hate Star Wars and were never going to like the new movies. That said, even if the critics hate it, this movie is still going to crush in the box office. So I doubt Disney or Lucasfilm will really care all that much about what the critics think in the end.
    I AGREE with everything you just said man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I honestly liked the two films so far AND I liked Rouge one. Solo was the weak one for me. But I am excited to see the last film. I never go by the critics. Sometimes I line up with them and sometimes I don't. But I am excited to see how it ends.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

How is that beautiful man? That is the stupidest fucking comment I have heard from you. Your right.. cause you are a baby about everything that is released.. fuck everyone else right? You would RATHER Disney suffer than have the fans get a satisfying ending? Man I just shake my head. You need to open your mind and let the negative shit go dude...

The lack of a satisfying ending is Disney's fault...so why shouldn't Disney suffer for their poor management of the brand? Would you rather reward Disney for making bad movies or mishandling your favourite brand? And I hate Disney so yes, I find their bravado surrounding Star Wars as it crumbles under the weight of their terrible decision to be poetic justice, aka beautiful. If millions of fans are disappointed they didn't get a satisfying ending, I didn't make the movie, Disney did. My mind is plenty open. It's fans who accept anything just because it's their favourite brand who need to open their minds and close their wallets or they'll just keep getting lesser version after lesser version.

Disney is the Emperor. I'm Luke Skywalker.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about anyone here but I just finished watching all the Star Wars movies in preparation to the end of the saga. In quick succession over the last couple of weeks I've watched the original trilogy, then Rogue One, then the prequel trilogy, then Solo, and then the two sequel trilogy episodes. I can honestly say the original trilogy is not all it's cracked up to be. They're extremely fun and imaginative movies, sure, and I love the universe, but as films they're not that great. Everyone loves Empire Strikes Back, but does anything really happen? Structurally, the originals are pretty flimsy. I still love them, though. And I enjoyed some of the prequels, though nothing can redeem some of those parts. The newer films I enjoyed greatly. They are better made with modern technologies and sensibilities, and they're just very good films. I'll see how Rise of Skywalker works out, but I can't imagine it's 10,000% worse than Episode 7 or 8.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just kinda meh about Episode IX. There was some decent bits in the last two movies and I thought The Last Jedi was better than the nostalgia fest of Force Awakens. Honestly I think The Mandalorian is 100x better than Episodes VII and VIII and gives me more of the feeling I had when my father brought me to the theater in 1977 to see Star Wars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 130 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast