Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 130 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Or The Abyss Michael Biehn.

(I really like the abyss)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Biehn the GOAT

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Michael Biehn has been cast in season 2 of The Mandalorian and now I'm back to super excited.
    Love this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like Terminator and Aliens Michael Biehn?!
    Fanfuckingtastic!!

You can say that 3 times and fast!!!! This should be an awesome cast addition!!!! "Stay frosty"!!!!

This is shaping up to be one heckuva cast with these new additions so far!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Let's not forget Johnny Ringo Michael Biehn!

Ahh yes, but in the end he was a bit too high strung!!!! Found his "Huckleberry"!!!!

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Ahh yes, but in the end he was a bit too high strung!!!! Found his "Huckleberry"!!!!
    Indeed! Kilmer's best performance was that movie IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like so many I know star wars I II and III (in release order) were the best, then came IV, V and VI they added bones to the whole story and I loved it all...
    Last night (I am a few years behind the rest if the world)
    I watched VII... it was like a weird No. I.. the story seemed to be obvious and nothing new... are the rest of the newer films all like this??? If so I might give them a permanent miss.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PS. Tombstone is one of my favourites films of all time..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Like so many I know star wars I II and III (in release order) were the best, then came IV, V and VI they added bones to the whole story and I loved it all...
    I watched VII... it was like a weird No. I.. the story seemed to be obvious and nothing new... are the rest of the newer films all like this??? If so I might give them a permanent miss.
    I didn't care for the prequels as I thought the acting was terrible. The only newer film I like was Rogue One.

Tombstone is an all time favorite of mine as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I didn't care for the prequels as I thought the acting was terrible. The only newer film I like was Rogue One.

Tombstone is an all time favorite of mine as well.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Personally I like all the newer films. They're not as good as the original trilogy, but they're better than the perquels. They were never going to be as good as the original trilogy though. Those moves have had 40 years to be put up on a pedestal. My thoughts on them are they're big blockbuster fun. Don't take them too seriously, because when think about Star Wars as a whole, it doesn't really hold up to close scrutiny anyways.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That last bit, Mae.....that was last year, yes? They aren't resuming the series until at least October, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the second season was supposed to start airing the same time this year as the first, so around November-ish, but I don't know now if plans have changed. There was also word than pre-production or planning has just begun for a third season already.

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I finished the final season of Clone Wars. The season as a whole was just OK, but the four part finale was probably the best thing in all of the prequels. Honestly it's disappointing that, that was it. None of the shows that have come after Clone Wars have been as good. I hope at some point they get back to the more serious story telling that The Clone Wars was in their animated Star Wars shows.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I finished the final season of Clone Wars. The season as a whole was just OK, but the four part finale was probably the best thing in all of the prequels. Honestly it's disappointing that, that was it. None of the shows that have come after Clone Wars have been as good. I hope at some point they get back to the more serious story telling that The Clone Wars was in their animated Star Wars shows.
    That's great, more Star Wars fans should embrace Clone Wars! Also, there are rumors (just rumors) that there may be more Clone Wars coming. Also, a sequel series. Also, an Ahsoka series (live action) after her debut in The Mandalorian Season Two.

And:

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    That's great, more Star Wars fans should embrace Clone Wars! Also, there are rumors (just rumors) that there may be more Clone Wars coming. Also, a sequel series. Also, an Ahsoka series (live action) after her debut in The Mandalorian Season Two.

And:

That'd be great. Star Wars: Rebels wasn't bad, but it was significantly more "immature" than Clone Wars, and Resistance looked even more "immature" than that. Though I can say I've never watched Resistance. They changed animation styles for that one and I thought it looked kinda trash.

Country
    Country Flag

More great news:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I hope they don’t go overboard with putting in a whole bunch of Star Wars stuff from other series and movies into the Mandalorian season 2. I fear, though, that given how much the Mandalorian is both popular and critically acclaimed, that that is exactly what they are going to do.

The Mandalorian works precisely because it is a small story in a large world. By following the small story we get glimpses of the larger world, but the story stays small, and focused on characters we care about. It has some fan service, but the references are minimal, and present because they are part of the world, rather than purely for fan service.

Pulling a whole bunch of shit from other series into the Mandalorian just because it’s the most successful Star Wars thing of the moment would be a huge mistake. I really hope they show some restraint, and keep the story focused on Mando trying to keep baby Yoda safe, and Addressing the mystery of who or what he is.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I hope they don’t go overboard with putting in a whole bunch of Star Wars stuff from other series and movies into the Mandalorian season 2.
    Here, as always, some good discussion on just that topic:

Thanks, Mae. Yes, they bring up exactly my concern, and you can see that they are worried, too.

The discussion itself also exemplifies why I'm concerned - characters from other series bring with them "canonical baggage", where facts and events from other series suddenly become immediately relevant to The Mandalorian. So things like "how Boba Fett got his armour back because in this book series another character had it", or, "in that other series this character said *this* which means that what they did in The Mandalorian doesn't make sense", etc. It places restriction on the storytelling by making the series subject to the wider canon in a very direct way.

Even logistical problems, like whether to have Temuera Morrison play Boba Fett, given Boba is a clone of Jango, but Morrison is too old to play a character that would be Boba's age, becomes a distraction from the storytelling. Personally, the last thing I would have done is bring in Boba Fett as a character, precisely because there's so much canonical baggage he brings with him.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The discussion itself also exemplifies why I'm concerned - characters from other series bring with them "canonical baggage", where facts and events from other series suddenly become immediately relevant to The Mandalorian. So things like "how Boba Fett got his armour back because in this book series another character had it", or, "in that other series this character said *this* which means that what they did in The Mandalorian doesn't make sense", etc. It places restriction on the storytelling by making the series subject to the wider canon in a very direct way.
    Well, funnily enough, seems they've thought about that already, so more casting rumors:

Star Wars now is a multimedia franchise and all of it is canon, from the movies, obviously, to the TV shows, to books, comics, games, and even the theme park. All of it is part of the story. So they certainly will take care that nothing contradicts itself from medium to medium.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 130 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast