Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Too sad. This will rock the Star Wars universe.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Just too sad.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sad, sad day

I saw the newest movie yesterday morning and loved everything about it.
    Spoiler:
    Could have used more Vader though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took the family to see it last night - loved it. The kids loved it too. Now I have to tell them this sad news.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was great to see so many younger people there and their knowledge of the Star Wars universe is crazy!! Good to know that this will live on for eons after we're gone and in a galaxy far, far away; our Rebel heroes, Imperial villains, and galactic outlaws will always be fighting their good/evil fights.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

RIP, Princess Leia.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw it today with Merlin I,III & IV!!! Great flick, but very sad to see, Carrie at the end!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They could have a serious problem on their hands with her early passing from what I have seen. I would imagine they will lesson her role and CGI what they can. I thought they could A'LA Vader her with a mask due to critical damage at the end of the next film. I think it would work out ok...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    They could have a serious problem on their hands with her early passing from what I have seen. I would imagine they will lesson her role and CGI what they can. I thought they could A'LA Vader her with a mask due to critical damage at the end of the next film. I think it would work out ok...
    I think probably more likely is they'll do some rewrites / reshoots for Episode 8 and then either have her die in 8 or super super early in 9. Personally I don't want to see a Leia in a mask or a CGI Leia.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If the PTB had envisioned an integral role for her in this new trilogy, then a CGI Leia is completely fine with me.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok I have just watched episode III and IV again (building up to the last two 7+8) it was so sad to see Carrie Fisher again..

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE the new title! You guys>?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yeppers. I dig it.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I also like it. It's led people to a lot of speculation about Luke's fate in the movies though. I'm of the camp that Luke is the Last Jedi, Rey isn't a Jedi yet. Plus as has been pointed out a lot on the internet jedi is both singular and plural.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I also like it. It's led people to a lot of speculation about Luke's fate in the movies though. I'm of the camp that Luke is the Last Jedi, Rey isn't a Jedi yet. Plus as has been pointed out a lot on the internet jedi is both singular and plural.
    That was my immediate thought. Jedi... is not singular...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it.
    Return of the Jedi was a brilliant title with a triple meaning. (First Luke comes back for Han, the Jedi -plural- are restored as a power in the galaxy, or it may refer to Anakin.) This is just derivative, and highlights how little has changed after forty years. There ought to be more Jedi already, IMHO. Rebooting the Empire for the present adversary seemed pretty uncreative to me anyway.
    Not that I just hate everything about the new saga. Many elements, I do appreciate. I feel like if they could combine what they got right in Episode VII with the things that were great about Rogue One, then we'd really have something. But the Last Jedi title is not inspiring mad confidence in me just yet.

I dunno. I never really thought there should be more Jedi. There really weren't that many Jedi in the prequel trilogy (less than a 100 I think), so by the time Luke is a Jedi (who really isn't even fully trained) the galaxy has been without Jedi for 20+ years, with the Empire actively trying to suppress / subvert force users. Then to top it off since there isn't a Jedi order and the New Republic probably takes awhile to really become established (the war didn't end with Endor) there really isn't the system in place of finding force sensitive people at an early age that there was before the Empire. So I feel like restarting the Jedi order would've been a much harder thing to do than we would realize. Plus to top it off about 4 or 5 years before Episode 7 Luke's top student get's subverted and kills all of his other students (though we don't really have any details on that yet other than it happened).

So to me it totally makes sense that there aren't any Jedi. Calling it The Last Jedi totally works in my mind too as I'm assuming this movie is going to highly focus on Luke and Rey's story (both past and present) so The Last Jedi works there. In actuality it actually busts a naming trend that the movies have had so far, given Episode 3 had Sith in the title and Episode 6 had Jedi so you would think Episode 9 would've had Sith or Jedi not Episode 8.

On a side note (if you couldn't tell) I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Though only a recent convert to the extended universe of Star Wars. If anyone is looking for a good read check out Bloodlines. It's a really really good book that tells the story of why / how The Resistance was created. It takes place about 5 years before Episode 7. Some other things to check out are the Aftermath books, though not great it does help give a bit of a bigger picture of what's going directly after Endor. Also the Darth Vadar comic, which is probably Vadar at his most badass and maybe the best comic of the new lot, though I also really enjoyed the Shattered Empire miniseries as well, which is like a 4 issue arc about Poe Dameron's mother.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

... I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Though only a recent convert to the extended universe of Star Wars.
    That makes sense, in light of your other opinions -- or maybe I mean that your preceding comments make sense in light of this background. I'm not sure the label "extended universe" applies to the new supplementary media. There used to be secondary levels of canonicity, but now all of that is called Legends and the rest is supposed to just be part of the actual universe. It is mainly designed for fans who never counted the old books, including younger people. Which is fine, and I agree with your reviews. (i.e. the Vader comic is the probably best in print so far.)

... about 4 or 5 years before Episode 7 Luke's top student get's subverted and kills all of his other students (though we don't really have any details on that yet other than it happened).
    Maybe those details will change my mind, when we get them. There were entire series for children of different age levels about the next generation of Star Wars Legends. They were successful for publishing lines, though naturally not in the same league as films. It's The Phantom Menace that didn't go over so well, and I've read reports that that was why Disney rejected George Lucas's suggestions to start with young Jedi pupils in Episode VII. To me it all just confirms my standing opinion that his biggest mistake ever was making Anakin so young in that movie. The ideas that the Order generally took infants and enforced celibacy in their own ranks were not known in the original era, and are now among complications that have to be worked around.

I'm sorry I didn't reply more quickly. This is all interesting discussion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast