Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 130 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Ugh, I'm sorry, I just can't help it. The Last Jedi will be the only other Star Wars movie I don't own besides Episode II. I mean, I think that's *really* saying something!

I'll just be sitting over here, waiting patiently for the Obi Wan Kenobi movie and trying to keep my mouth shut.
    You’ll own The Force Awakens, though? I haven’t gotten into much discussion about the newest movies but it surprises me to hear someone express disappointment in The Last Jedi and not include The Force Awakens in their statement. Since I’m new here let me make it clear that I’m just asking a friendly question out of nothing more than simple curiosity.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Ugh, I'm sorry, I just can't help it. The Last Jedi will be the only other Star Wars movie I don't own besides Episode II. I mean, I think that's *really* saying something!

I'll just be sitting over here, waiting patiently for the Obi Wan Kenobi movie and trying to keep my mouth shut.
    You’ll own The Force Awakens, though? I haven’t gotten into much discussion about the newest movies but it surprises me to hear someone express disappointment in The Last Jedi and not include The Force Awakens in their statement. Since I’m new here let me make it clear that I’m just asking a friendly question out of nothing more than simple curiosity.
    I thought The Force Awakens was pretty decent. I was bored to death with The Last Jedi. Rogue One is the best of new movies IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I thought The Force Awakens was pretty decent. I was bored to death with The Last Jedi. Rogue One is the best of new movies IMO.
    I’ve heard that about Rogue One. For whatever reason I just wasn’t motivated to watch it like the others. Think I’ll watch it today, though, after reading your reply.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Rogue One is by far the best of the new ones to me.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’ve heard that about Rogue One. For whatever reason I just wasn’t motivated to watch it like the others. Think I’ll watch it today, though, after reading your reply.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    +1

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I will be going out after work tomorrow to get The Last Jedi on blu-ray/dvd so I can finally watch it.

Never did get to see it in theaters...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    +1
    I'll agree with that. I loved how it tied into Episode 4 (that final shot actually made me tear up), but also told its own and very cool story. I hope Solo does something similar, which from the trailer it looks kinda like it might. We'll see.

My Mood
    Chatty

Well, I’m an idiot. I just learned that Rogue One sets up a lot of the storyline between Episodes 8 and 9. I thought it was a one-off type thing... that it was true to canon but about something totally unrelated to the episodes. What have I done with my life?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Well, I’m an idiot. I just learned that Rogue One sets up a lot of the storyline between Episodes 8 and 9. I thought it was a one-off type thing... that it was true to canon but about something totally unrelated to the episodes. What have I done with my life?
    Actually, it comes between episodes 3 and 4. Just before Leia sends a message to Obi-Wan to tell him he's their only hope.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Star Wars Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Actually, it comes between episodes 3 and 4. Just before Leia sends a message to Obi-Wan to tell him he's their only hope.
    Oh I see, thanks. My idiocy continues...

Country
    Country Flag

I will be going out after work tomorrow to get The Last Jedi on blu-ray/dvd so I can finally watch it.

I hope you're renting it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm owning that mf. I loved TLJ. Come @ me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm owning that mf. I loved TLJ. Come @ me.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

3-D BLU-RAY IS COMING FROM THE U.K.
    DISNEY says U.S.A. 3-D FANS.

TARGETS OPENS AT 7 A.M.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my copy, so there!!!! You know, TLJ had a very major thing going for it that I think some of you may have missed.

Spoiler:
    It'a STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just ordered my copy, so there!!!! You know, TLJ had a very major thing going for it that I think some of you may have missed.

Spoiler:
    COUGHHACKCOUGH

That's debatable. It's more like a cousin by marriage.

And to answer the question above, I actually really enjoyed the Force Awakens (and own it). I felt it was a great springboard for things to come. I enjoyed the ground work for the new characters, believed they implemented the Old Guard well, and it *felt* like Star Wars-y to me. The new one was just a cluster bomb of things I didn't like, things that didn't make sense, and things that were flat out stupid and didn't fit 40 years of backstory.

I'm really REALLY hoping that Abrams manages to pull the whole trilogy out of the nose dive that it's in.
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    COUGHHACKCOUGH

And to answer the question above, I actually really enjoyed the Force Awakens (and own it). I felt it was a great springboard for things to come. I enjoyed the ground work for the new characters, believed they implemented the Old Guard well, and it *felt* like Star Wars-y to me. The new one was just a cluster bomb of things I didn't like, things that didn't make sense, and things that were flat out stupid and didn't fit 40 years of backstory.

I'm really REALLY hoping that Abrams manages to pull the whole trilogy out of the nose dive that it's in.
    Nose dive? Yeah ok... lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    COUGHHACKCOUGH

Married cousins and TLJ was the result Agreed, Andi. Lucas needs to call a team meeting and state, "Hey! You guys wanna stop fucking my stuff up now?!"

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Married cousins and TLJ was the result Agreed, Andi. Lucas needs to call a team meeting and state, "Hey! You guys wanna stop fucking my stuff up now?!"
    If only he could!!!!

But they are super Disney-fying it now. Two more trilogies, Solo, the Obi Wan movie, and I think I heard some place they have two streaming series in the works? Holy shit, that's a LOT of Star Wars.

I'm excited to see what Jon Favreau does with his project though. I love that guy.

Country
    Country Flag

If only he could!!!!

But they are super Disney-fying it now. Two more trilogies, Solo, the Obi Wan movie, and I think I heard some place they have two streaming series in the works? Holy shit, that's a LOT of Star Wars.

I'm excited to see what Jon Favreau does with his project though. I love that guy.
    I'll reserve judgment for Solo but keeping my expectations low. Someone stated up thread I believe that there really isn't a reason to learn of Hans backstory. I agree. Obi Wan sounds promising though. Streaming might work for some stuff as well.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

If only he could!!!!

I'll reserve judgment for Solo but keeping my expectations low. Someone stated up thread I believe that there really isn't a reason to learn of Hans backstory. I agree. Obi Wan sounds promising though. Streaming might work for some stuff as well.
    I think my biggest reservation about the Han Solo movie is that the kid they cast to play Han looks *nothing* like a young Harrison Ford and I know I'll have a hell of a time suspending my disbelief to the extent needed to be immersed in that story. Even if it has the soul of a Star Wars movie, I'm afraid I won't be able to connect the dots between this Han and the one I grew up with. Obviously I get hung up on that kind of thing, since I couldn't accept Rian Johnson's 'vision' of Luke Skywalker.

So, I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as a Smuggler movie set in the Star Wars galaxy backdrop.

Like I said TARGET opens a 7 A.M.

1st EDITIONS. DEC 1976 & 1977

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

If you count the prequels as "Star Wars" then the sequels certain are. I haven't seen a argument that convinces me that the prequels are better than any of the sequels or more "Star Warsy". Then if you don't count the prequels, there really isn't that 40 years of history, there's just 6 years of history that happened 40 years ago.

As much as I'd like to say the books make up that history, I really don't think they do. There was no oversight over any of that. No cohesive plan or vision. Some of it was good, but just as much if not more was bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 130 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast