Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

It looks awesome. I love that they have the characters from the Rebels series as well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really behind on my viewings. I last left off with Mando season 2. Do I need to watch Andor before I get into anything else?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

At the moment it doesn’t seem to tie into the rest of the Mando-verse much, but I imagine it will as eventually everything will lead to the big screen movie Filoni is working on. Anyway, I’d still recommend watching everything in the order it came out.

So if you stopped at Mando S2, next up would be The Book of Boba Fett, then Obi-Wan Kenobi, then Andor, then Mando S3, and now Ahsoka.

And you totally should not skip Andor as it’s amazing. And as expected, Ahsoka is fantastic. I am beyond excited for Filoni’s Avengers-style SW movie now.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mae. I have seen BOBF and Obi (forgot about those) so Andor it is!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Sure thing! Oh forgot that Mon Mothma is in both Andor and spotted in Ahsoka trailers.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Sure thing! Oh forgot that Mon Mothma is in both Andor and spotted in Ahsoka trailers.
    Sweet!

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ray Stevenson is like a Vader to me. I LOVE HIS WORK ON THIS SERIES.. shame we lost him
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Can't wait to watch this. Either tonight or tomorrow night. I am really excited because I love all the characters that in encompasses.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I started watching Ahsoka, and it was so clearly a direct sequel to something I hadn’t seen, I thought I should stop and watch that thing. So I’m now watching Rebels, after never been able to get into animated Star Wars before.

Rebels is fun. The animation isn’t distracting, and the voice acting is generally good. Dialogue is a. It clunky at times, but generally I like it.

Interesting to see certain very “Star Wars” shots in an animated form, and surprising to see how many plot events from this 2014 show find their way into more modern live action Star Wars. We also get more of a sense as to why the Empire is bad, apart from blowing up planets with Death Stars.

The only nit pick I would make is the same one I have of a lot of Star Wars outside the movies: too many surviving Jedi. The whole point of Empire/Jedi is that the Jedi are gone, and that Luke is the only hope to conquer Vader and the Emperor. Having a bunch of fully-trained Jedi in hiding undermines that premise.

I’ll get back to Ahsoka after I finish the four seasons. That a lot of episodes, but they are nicely bite-sized.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

I've been advocating for the animated Star Wars (Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, Rebels) for years here, so I'm glad you're getting into it now. It was clear to me that Ahsoka would need to be watched with all of that context in mind, though they did try their best to inject a lot of context into these first two episodes.

My feeling is that the entire Mando-verse is building off Dave Filoni's animated shows, especially Rebels, and building to that big-screen movie that will be the culmination of all of these shows, from Clone Wars on. I'm also guessing that it will set up a new enemy (not Thrawn) that will eventually be the main antagonistic force for the subsequent Saga movies, I'm sure Episode 10 is coming sooner or later.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The only nit pick I would make is the same one I have of a lot of Star Wars outside the movies: too many surviving Jedi. The whole point of Empire/Jedi is that the Jedi are gone, and that Luke is the only hope to conquer Vader and the Emperor. Having a bunch of fully-trained Jedi in hiding undermines that premise.
    For whatever reason this has never bothered me. Maybe because I watched all of Clone Wars and The Bad Batch and it goes into Order 66 and those few Jedi that managed to survive it. Just because Yoda thought Luke was the only one, doesn't mean he's omniscient.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It doesn’t bug me so much as from a continuity standpoint, because yes, you’re right, Yoda may not have known about all these Jedi. But from a dramatic standpoint, it bothers me because I know about these other Jedi. Luke is no longer the last and best hope for the galaxy. It lowers the stakes, and is certainly not what Lucas originally intended.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Helps also I was never a fan of Luke, that whiny boy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There's no way in hell I'll ever get to the animated shows. It's just too much time for me. I'll look for a 10-minute YouTube recap video to give me all the main bullet points.

Then I'll start Ahsoka.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Soooo is no one else watching Ahsoka? Surprised there hasn't been any discussion on here...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Soooo is no one else watching Ahsoka? Surprised there hasn't been any discussion on here...
    I'm getting there. I'm behind so getting caught up some other series first.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's ok. A bit underwhelming but I feel that this is the new Star Wars way.. like Marvel I grow tired of it. The next Marvel movie will be the FIRST one since they started with HULK I will miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm a little underwhelmed at the Thrawn actor portraying him. I know its the guy that voiced him in the cartoons, but I always pictured him being this like towering, physically imposing mastermind. This guy just looks like he'd lose a fight against a paper bag.

I'm sure his deviousness in future episodes will make up for it though. Looking forward to the finale this week.

Also just let Favreau + Filoni direct everything SW from now on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 LastLast