Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes, the show's a bit different in tone, but, depending where you are now, it gets very much closer to that Clone Wars tone, a bit darker and more exciting, less kiddish. On the plus side, the seasons are shorter (12-15 episodes, as opposed to 20+), so it should be a much faster watch. The show starts about 5 years before A New Hope (there are 19 years between Episodes 3 and 4), and I love how it fleshes out and sets up the Rebel Alliance, and then leads into Episode 4 (by the way, cool little piece of lore, but these characters were present at the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One, you can see their ship in one of the shots). I was always curious how the rebels came to be and this gets into that, with some classic characters making appearances. And yes, we get information about the Inquisitors and, honestly, so much more. I say, keep going. Just need to accept it's not another season of Clone Wars, it definitely has a different feel, but I do believe it is essential. If only because the upcoming Ahsoka show sounds like will be a direct continuation of Rebels, with some of the returning cast and storylines.
    I'm probably on episode 10 and there is only 15 episodes in the first season. Looks like 22 for seasons 2&3 and 15 for the final season. Like I said, it needs to get better or it's going to be a painful next couple of weeks trying to get those down.
    You're right, for some reason I thought they were shorter. Maybe because I binged them in pretty quick succession. Season 1 does pick up quite a bit toward the end. Let me know your feelings once you watch the season finale.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG NEWS ON GOGRU!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, so Bill have you taken the Clone Wars/Rebels plunge yet?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, so Bill have you taken the Clone Wars/Rebels plunge yet?
    Some. I viewed a couple seasons of CW, but no Rebels yet. I'm sorry, but I just don't dig the animation, but I'm trying.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

That's great! As Brian can attest, The Clone Wars is a great story, the series really illuminates a lot about the prequels. And then with Rebels we jump forward about 15 years but some of the characters come back and we see what they're up to right before the Galactic Civil War breaks out for good, leading into Episode 4.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have however, been collecting a lot of shit from Hasbro!!! My grandson loves this stuff, but alas I only let him look not play with it!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's great! As Brian can attest, The Clone Wars is a great story, the series really illuminates a lot about the prequels. And then with Rebels we jump forward about 15 years but some of the characters come back and we see what they're up to right before the Galactic Civil War breaks out for good, leading into Episode 4.
    Huge geek out moment early this morning when I finally finished playing Fallen Order! The Vader comics from 2017 are awesome too.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

The Vader comics from 2017 are awesome too.
    If you're delving more into the comics, check out Doctor Aphra. She's a comics-only Indiana Jones-like character that I feel might be the next breakout character if they will have her in one of the upcoming live action series. Should could appear in Kenobi, probably.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're delving more into the comics, check out Doctor Aphra. She's a comics-only Indiana Jones-like character that I feel might be the next breakout character if they will have her in one of the upcoming live action series. Should could appear in Kenobi, probably.
    Oh I definitely will! Finished up season 1 of Rebels last night and it was very nice to see a familiar face . She is an absolutely gorgeous character. Hopefully the series gets better from here on out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I definitely will! Finished up season 1 of Rebels last night and it was very nice to see a familiar face . She is an absolutely gorgeous character. Hopefully the series gets better from here on out.
    Yes! I love Ahsoka, and you will see more of her, indeed. I don't want to spoil too much, but I'm excited for you about midway through Season 2, for... more Ahsoka, let's say. I'm sure you'll know when you see! And I believe it does get darker and more serious, now that our group of characters are part of the birth of the Rebel Alliance. Things will only get more serious from here on out.

Also, if you're looking for more Clone Wars, there's a few more things you can check out:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...tle_Tales_(TPB)
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The...Light_and_Dark
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sta..._Dathomir_(TPB)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh, I'm a little disappointed that no one has commented on the video's I posted. I thought it was some very interesting theories/reveals about where they are going with SW. Is it old news to you guys?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty interesting stuff, Bill, but sounds like very much unsubstantiated rumors for the most part. There are rumors also that they will retcon the sequel trilogy using time travel/alternate universes (watch Star Wars Rebels for how), but that will never happen. The sequel trilogy is canon, it's not going away. I don't understand these people. Original Trilogy people also wanted to retcon the prequels and now they're the basis for so much of the canon, especially with The Clone Wars.

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty interesting stuff, Bill, but sounds like very much unsubstantiated rumors for the most part. There are rumors also that they will retcon the sequel trilogy using time travel/alternate universes (watch Star Wars Rebels for how), but that will never happen. The sequel trilogy is canon, it's not going away. I don't understand these people. Original Trilogy people also wanted to retcon the prequels and now they're the basis for so much of the canon, especially with The Clone Wars.
    I'm all for retconing the sequels. That's how much I dislike them. The prequels aren't great but make a lot more sense to me personally. Wouldn't make much sense to retcon those.

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to disagree, Brian, but I really like the sequel stuff. I don't get the hate. The Last Jedi is one of my favorite SW movies ever. And if we're counting Rogue One, then that too.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I agree. The ret-conning the prequels stuff seemed pretty out there and not very likely to happen (Kind of be a BIG Fuck You to George Lucas, no?), but there was some other interesting stuff brought up and I figured it might instigate some conversation. The "GoGru" stuff was good though don't you think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I liked the sequels well enough, and also don't understand the hate. They were far from perfect, but retconning them will just make things worse. Move on to new and better stories, I say.

By the way, I didn't realize that Katie Sackoff voiced Bo-Katan for years in the animated series. That's great they were able to have her portray Bo-Katan in the live action Mandalorian. Obviously the right choice, but the right choice doesn't always get made.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    By the way, I didn't realize that Katie Sackoff voiced Bo-Katan for years in the animated series. That's great they were able to have her portray Bo-Katan in the live action Mandalorian. Obviously the right choice, but the right choice doesn't always get made.
    Yes, that's awesome that it happened. Too bad that Ashley Eckstein couldn't portray Ahsoka in live action, but I think Rosario Dawson did an amazing job!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"I liked the sequels well enough, and also don't understand the hate. They were far from perfect, but retconning them will just make things worse. Move on to new and better stories, I say".

I couldn't agree more. You wanted them, you got 'em. Live with it and move on. It's funny in a way because as I understand it one of the main beef's with the prequels was the fact that everything looked too new and shiney!!! LOL They have a point there, but really? You'd dismiss 3 iconic movies because of that and Jar-Jar Binks? lol Same goes for the disdain folks have for the Ewoks. Okay, maybe, Lucas was playing to the children a little too much, I mean they're no exactly my favorite SW characters either but, you kill the entire RoTJ film because of those little furry freaks? lol I think some folks just need to get over themselves. lol lol IMO anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I mean, I'm not any kind of expert, but Rosario Dawson seems pretty much like perfect casting for an older Ahsoka. I gotta say I think they nailed it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean, I'm not any kind of expert, but Rosario Dawson seems pretty much like perfect casting for an older Ahsoka. I gotta say I think they nailed it.

HBJ
    ABSOLUTELY!!! She's perfect for the role which, according to what I've heard will be expanding significantly in the near future.

Also, to whomever submitted the positive Rep to me. THANK YOU, it's appreciated to get positive rep for a change!!! lol lol I'm mellowing out a little these days I think. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

(And to be clear, while they nailed the casting, Dawson nailed the role. To give credit where it's due).

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

(And to be clear, while they nailed the casting, Dawson nailed the role. To give credit where it's due).

HBJ
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose and I will be starting Clone Wars soon. After Cobra Kai Season 3, but before Walking Dead Season 5 and Glee Season 5. And now we just started WandaVision, lol.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"And now we just started WandaVision, lol".

Episode IV is a doozy!!! Hang in there until then if you don't like the first three episodes. It seems that the show is an acquired taste for some. They don't care for the sitcom thing, but never fear, the true MCU is never far away!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast