+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98
Results 2,426 to 2,429 of 2429

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The discussion itself also exemplifies why I'm concerned - characters from other series bring with them "canonical baggage", where facts and events from other series suddenly become immediately relevant to The Mandalorian. So things like "how Boba Fett got his armour back because in this book series another character had it", or, "in that other series this character said *this* which means that what they did in The Mandalorian doesn't make sense", etc. It places restriction on the storytelling by making the series subject to the wider canon in a very direct way.
    Well, funnily enough, seems they've thought about that already, so more casting rumors:

Star Wars now is a multimedia franchise and all of it is canon, from the movies, obviously, to the TV shows, to books, comics, games, and even the theme park. All of it is part of the story. So they certainly will take care that nothing contradicts itself from medium to medium.

Rabid Billybumbler Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mae, sure, and thatís great, in that they are building a consistent world, but it also constrains your storytelling. The more you overlaps characters and settings, the more constrained you are.

I think the first season did it pretty much perfect. They were references to things we knew, but not so many that anything really needed to be explained; Those references were not constraining. There was no overlap with other stories or characters to any great extent.

Similarly, I think you could mention Boba Fett in passing in an episode, acknowledging that he exists in this universe, but once you bring him on screen, he brings with him his whole history throughout every medium. Itís the fact that everything is Canon which creates a storytelling problem whenever someone with in universe history is introduced - You are not allowed to contradict what went before.

So Iím not saying you donít need to be consistent with the rest of the universe Ė you always do. But itís easier to do that, and still tell the story you want to tell, if your story takes place in a small pocket of the universe using characters who are completely new.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Ehh I'm not worried about it. They did a good job with Season 1, and Filoni has always done a good job tieing the stuff he's involved with together / back to the greater overarching Star Wars Universe. So as long as Dave Filoni is still involved then I think we're good and I'm really not worried about it.

Rabid Billybumbler Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack has a brilliant future Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Ehh I'm not worried about it. They did a good job with Season 1, and Filoni has always done a good job tieing the stuff he's involved with together / back to the greater overarching Star Wars Universe. So as long as Dave Filoni is still involved then I think we're good and I'm really not worried about it.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Given Season 1, they deserve more credit than I'm giving them.

HBJ
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98