Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 130 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i think the last one i read was the final book in the legacy of the force series.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I recommend reading the books if you can simply because most (if not all) of the audio books are abridged.
    I would, but I spend most of my time listening to the books while I'm at work...I mean I'm a reader by nature...but I got other things to read when i'm not at work, like IT manuals and such. However, when I get a bit more time I would like to discuss the info in the books, unabridged or not, there's more info in the movie books than in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    the han solo trilogy were my very favourite EU books.
    I'm on Revenge of the Sith right now, I think the Han solo books are next.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I recommend reading the books if you can simply because most (if not all) of the audio books are abridged.
    And that really pisses me off.

Thank you SK...thank you for not allowing abridgments of your audio presentations.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm not into skimming as a general practice and that's pretty much what abridging does.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, I'm not into skimming as a general practice and that's pretty much what abridging does.
    yes, but with the audio books you get voices and sound effects! And the Star Wars intro theme song at the beginning of every book!

It's like I said, I mainly listen because I can do it for almost 8 hours a day.

Along the Path of the Beam Slash281 is on a distinguished road Slash281's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can never get into audio books. I just kind of space out and forget what happens. At least with a book I can re-read stuff I didn't understand.

My Mood
    Amused

alright alright...we digress. The point was I would like to discuss other details of the Star Wars universe which includes the books (written or audio)? So if you do not listen to audio books, did you read the Star Wars books?

And, would any details from the books (audio or written) be spoilers?

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that as long as you read them in the order of their release, you don't have anything to worry about regarding spoilers. That is my best advice. Each story does add more to the layers, but most of the early books are more episodic than the later ones, which MUST be read in sequence since the story is continued from the previous one. This began with the New Jedi Order series and continues into the Legacy of the Force series.

What would you like to discuss dude. I've read nearly all of the books published up to Sacrifice (which was published in 2007).
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

some spoiler tags around that would have been really excellent.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure why that needed spoiler tags but I went back and deleted the message anyway. (Apparently the spoiler tags do not work if you are using a Wii to access the internet.)

thank you. i haven't seen tonight's episode, and was being very careful to avoid reading anything about it.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why are you not watching it right now?

because it's a quarter after one in the morning.

Country
    Country Flag

and someone should be in the bed asleep?

nah. i'm good for another few hours.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not. I got someone coming to the house in the morning early (9am) to do some measuring, so I'm heading to bed. Y'all take it easy and may the force be with you.

My Mood
    Amused

I would say that as long as you read them in the order of their release, you don't have anything to worry about regarding spoilers. That is my best advice. Each story does add more to the layers, but most of the early books are more episodic than the later ones, which MUST be read in sequence since the story is continued from the previous one. This began with the New Jedi Order series and continues into the Legacy of the Force series.

What would you like to discuss dude. I've read nearly all of the books published up to Sacrifice (which was published in 2007).
    I've been reading (well listening) to them in order as far as I know (and it seems to flow that way). I do not have every book however, but I have all of the ones that make up the entire main story line and have the main characters. I might have to think about some earlier ones, but being at the Revenge of the Sith...here's the first part. Was Dooku a Sith Lord or not? Or was he an apprentice? And when does a dark side apprentice become a true Sith Lord?
    Spoiler:
    I know that he was given the name Darth Tyranus, but in the book, right before he gets his head sabered off, he comes to realize that he was never ment to be a Sith Lord and that lord sidious was merely using him as a tool to get Anakin. And in a previous book, when Dooku and Asajj Ventress are having a conversation, she asks Dooku when he will teach her in the ways of the dark side. And Dooku basically tells her she wouldn't be able to handle it. So, in that, we have the 2 Sith Lords (?) Sidious and tyranus, and no more. by the time revenge of the Sith Rolls out, they say that a lot of the Jedi have become rogue.
    Sooooo....when does one truley become a Lord of the Sith?

Country
    Country Flag

There are always two Sith Lords, a master and an apprentice. This is more of a tradition than a rule. In fact, most Sith apprentices have their own apprentices and covet their master's position. Vader was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so was Maul, so was Tyrannus. Some Sith lords claimed the title on their own, others were given the title by a master when the master took them as an apprentice. The thing to remember is that the Sith are vastly different from the Jedi in their hierarchy. The Sith don't follow any rules regarding who rules. Power is the determining factor.

Whoever has the power rules.

My Mood
    Amused

ya ya...I know...but in the book, Tyrannus (Dooku) realizes that Sidious never ment for him to be a Lord of the Sith, that he was entirely a pawn to get Anakin. In that point, I wouldn't see Tyrannus as an actual Sith Lord (since he admitted it to himself right before his head got scissored off).

Country
    Country Flag

I would still say that Tyranus was a Sith Lord. Just because Sidious didn't intend to keep him as an apprentice, he still took him as an apprentice. Pawn or not, Dooku was still a Sith.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have either one of you read Shadows of the Empire? I have it lying around the house but I haven't started it yet, I might do so later this year.

Country
    Country Flag

Read it dude. It's a great book.

I've read every Star Wars book up to 2007. Yeah, I have no life.

i read it...and i'm pretty sure my dad has my copy of the graphic novel laying around someplace, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Read it dude. It's a great book.

I've read every Star Wars book up to 2007. Yeah, I have no life.

Dude, that is awesome! I was half way there but got side tracked and am now way tooooo far behind to catch up.

My favorite books are the Zahn trilogy with Admiral Thrawn, Courtship of Princess Leia (for personal reasons that book holds my heart), Shadow of the Empire was pretty good, and some of the tales books were pretty good.

Country
    Country Flag

You're not too far behind to catch up. By and far the best of the entire Star Wars series has been the Zahn books. I really enjoyed the X-Wing books as well.

In 1995 I went to the DragonCon in Atlanta and got to meet almost ALL of the Star Wars writers at that time. Only Vonda McIntyre was not there. It was a real trip, that week. I also got to meet Anthony Daniels. AWESOME!! That was very. When he was supposed to be signing, he walked up the entire line (about half a mile long, no joke) stopping every now and then to ask some fan "Who are we waiting for?":rotf: He asked me and I turned around as I said "C fucking Threepi... Oh DUDE!!! It was a really good week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 130 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast