22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bud

12 54.55%
  • Brew

10 45.45%

Thread: Bud or Brew?

John F. Kennedy Syd Barrett is on a distinguished road Syd Barrett's Avatar

Default Bud or Brew?

A casual question. Do you prefer the buzz of drunkenness (sic?), or the high of...well, being high?

Personally, I honestly prefer being drunk. Dunno why. I reckon because being high makes me all in touch with the world, whereas being drunk makes me all out of touch with the world. And I do drugs to be OUT of touch with the world.

Oh, and, marijuana is a social drug; and I hate people. I can drink alone, and, bonus points, most people refuse to hang out with me because they think I'm an alky! Score!

Of course, being high DOES make Cheaters slightly more fun to watch...but, oh well.
    It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here, and I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that I'm not here.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ask a moderator to help you make this into a poll.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?

John F. Kennedy Syd Barrett is on a distinguished road Syd Barrett's Avatar

Dude, are you a mod? (Wait, I thought you were a mod or something...?)
    It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here, and I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that I'm not here.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, Feev is just special

I am though, poll added

I voted brew. I used to prefer getting stoned, but these days it spins me out most of the time - too much stuff on my mind. With drinking its a predictable state.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's go the to pub Syd Barrett or wherever you want to.

Roland would have understood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    No, Feev is just special

I am though, poll added

I voted brew. I used to prefer getting stoned, but these days it spins me out most of the time - too much stuff on my mind. With drinking its a predictable state.

I prefer smoking because it generally makes me not give a shit about all of the stuff on my mind, while alcohol makes me think about all of the stuff on my mind and get depressed.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

what feeve said.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, its been a long time since I've been able to smoke weed. But I have always preferred drinking. Pot makes my head feel heavy and makes me feel sluggish. I didn't mind it when I did it, but I never did it very often.

I like drinking because I'm still very much "me" outspoken, outgoing, happy, goofy...I can be social and do whatever.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I prefer bud. I think, overall, its better for you. It certainly has less calories. You also don't get the liver damage or the hangovers you do from alcohol.

But I disagree that mj is a social drug. Usually it makes me antisocial in a way, especially if I get completely baked. I can't think of things to say, I don't follow conversations well, sometimes I get paranoid. Alcohol is way more social for me. In fact, I refer to it as "social lubricant". If I know I'm going to be around people I'd rather drink.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Pot..hands down.
    While alcohol is fun occassionally, smoking has never: given me a headache, made me sick, or left me feeling 'off balance' the next day. To a certain extent, alcohol changes people...Pot just enhances IMO.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pot Pot Pot all day. I have never been drunk because I am only 14, but I have had my share of weed.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I would usually say bud but since we started brewing our own beer at our house I've become a bigger fan of brew.

That and brew won't get me in trouble during my job search.

Country
    Country Flag

And bud will?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, because I won't job search. I lose my desire to search for a job when I smoke.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Pot Pot Pot all day. I have never been drunk because I am only 14, but I have had my share of weed.
    Yeah, don't drink because god forbid you do anything illegal or that may have long term effects...
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    Yea, because I won't job search. I lose my desire to search for a job when I smoke.

I heard that!
    Is that two guys kissing in your avatar?

My eyes! mY EYES!
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post

I heard that!
    Is that two guys kissing in your avatar?

My eyes! mY EYES!
    It is. Two guys from my favorite TV show.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was prone to do both on top of everything else I was partaking in.

Can't do any of it now after my rehab stay.

:-P

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Yeah, don't drink because god forbid you do anything illegal or that may have long term effects...

I don't think pot has long term effects... does it?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if you can debunk the anti-mj propaganda we're subjected to one cannot deny that smoking the stuff can have long term effects on your lungs at the very least. Eating it is another story.

Country
    Country Flag

I dont smoke it that much. Maybe when there is a party that all my friends are at. But that's about it. Whenever I do smoke it, my asthma acts up.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both, depending on the situation! But would definitely choose brew over bud the majority of the time as personally its much more sociable and conducive to having a great night, if it was a choice between one or the other. Weed i've only ever seen the appeal in combination with other drugs or if i want to make sure i get to sleep fine. Being sleepy isn't my idea of action-packed fun.

But all drugs cause long term damage from ongoing heavy or problem use. Weed isn't somehow magically exempt from this and our biology hasn't somehow evolved to coexist peacfully with weed without any conflicts. Inhaling any form of smoke is damaging to your lungs and there has been plenty of research lately linking heavy cannabis use with increased potential to develop a psychotic disorder, just like every single other drug that directly interferes with your brain chemistry.

I don't have anything against drugs whatsoever and have consumed plenty in my time and probably will in the future (in moderation, kids!), but just be realistic about what you're doing and identify whether what you're reading is actual fact or just wishful thinking, and if Tim from The Concerned Hemp Movement is really qualified to comment on years of research from teams of scientists who actually know a thing or two about their chosen fields. Anything in moderation! Except heroin.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely, all things in moderation as the saying goes.