Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CONTEST! Best Dark Tower Banner worth 20,000 Beam Bucks

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to join in this contest but I don't know how to create a banner

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

just do what i did. steal somebody else's!

seriously, save somebody's to your computer and using paint or paintshop pro or something like that completely take all their elements out of it. i just colored it over with purple. i like purple.

that way it's the right size and everything and you have a clean slate. it's kind of cheating but not really because you're using your own ideas and stuff but somebody else's "canvas".

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the idea turtlesong, but I am not creative at all. I may try just for fun though

you definitely should. it will give your mind something to keep it occupied! and give your talents something to keep them occupied! the deadline is 6/30 so you've still got plenty of time!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    just do what i did. steal somebody else's!

seriously, save somebody's to your computer and using paint or paintshop pro or something like that completely take all their elements out of it. i just colored it over with purple. i like purple.

that way it's the right size and everything and you have a clean slate. it's kind of cheating but not really because you're using your own ideas and stuff but somebody else's "canvas".

Cool! Maybe, I should take your banner and recolor it to win.

j/k
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

yeah, first i have to finish it.
    which may never happen if. i. can't. find. the. right. damn. picture.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

*is sitting in her comfortable rocking-chair waiting*
    Anyway we all have creativity inside... some of us needn't dig at all some of us must but we all have.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

i have the gimp program but have no clue how to use it

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just saw this thread. I'm definately going to try to do something for this.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

bump!

one week left to have your banner submitted.

Thanks!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I worked on a couple this weekend. Now I just need to decide on what one to submit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah crap, I completely forgot to make mine

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Ah crap, I completely forgot to make mine
    I think you still have time Feev.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the contest ends on the 30th...so I still got this weekend to work on it

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I lack the skillz.

grumble mumble grumble

i give up. i'll never find the right picture of oy. and he's who i want in mine. why are there no good pics of oy? it's just so fundamentally wrong. i think i'll call the spfo (society for the prevention of forgetting about oy) and file a complaint.

grumble mumble grumble

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    grumble mumble grumble

i give up. i'll never find the right picture of oy. and he's who i want in mine. why are there no good pics of oy? it's just so fundamentally wrong. i think i'll call the spfo (society for the prevention of forgetting about oy) and file a complaint.

grumble mumble grumble
    Don't give up, I'd love to see what you're working on.
    Check out deviantart.com They've got quite a few on there.

excellent idea. you rock!

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw this and want in! will post soon

any size restrictions?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to enter but the guidlines say that an image can't be over 2k in size, I dont think I can make anything that small

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Seek View Post
    I just saw this and want in! will post soon

any size restrictions?

Just the standard size restrictions from the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvmorbid View Post
    I'd love to enter but the guidlines say that an image can't be over 2k in size, I dont think I can make anything that small

so you're giving up before you even start?

You could make it big and then resize it.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not the physical size thats the problem, its the amount of stuff I put in it that drives the file size up. I suppose I can give it a go...

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

I have the same problem. Mine are the correct size (less than 500 x 200 pixels) but I can't get them anywhere below 2kb.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

When I would like to change my sig I can read this: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 2.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

So... did I misunderstand something? Should it be both?

Roland would have understood.

nope that's what mine says too, but my file sizes are always around 20kb on avg, I could maybe get it down a bit smaller but there's no way it's going as low as 2kb.

I've had this problem before with trying to post pictures in my sig and I can never get them to work because even though they're smaller than 500 x 200 pixles they're over the 2kb limit and it won't let me put it in my sig.

I don't know, maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast