Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Scroll Lag

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Default Scroll Lag

It's bugged me since the beginning that there's a lag on the scroll, specially at the bottom drop down menu when I'm trying to jump forums. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do with my computer to get rid of it?

I really enjoy the scrolling ease of the old site, and it seems like nothing, really, but to me it is extremely aggravating.

just wondering.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i've never had this problem, so i'm not sure what you mean.

how are you scrolling?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I haven't noticed any scroll lag on my side. Generally when I experience that sort of thing on a forum, it is because something else on my computer is using up a lot of resources. I can't really pinpoint what is causing it without actually seeing it firsthand, though. Mine works fine, so I'm not sure if it is something on the site itself, or on your end. If others are experiencing it as well, it could be the site.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

well, i thought it was the site, because the dt.net site doesn't do it at all.

I scroll with the wheel on my mouse, SJ
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, I don't seem to be having a problem either.

Not sure what that is John, but I'll check the forums this week for anything.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Breezy

well, it seems it's just me then.

i'll go soothe myself with rusty spoons.......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    i'll go soothe myself with rusty spoons.......

why a spoon, cousin?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It has something to do with this weird cartoon that is posted somewhere.

I believe a rusty tea kettle could stand in.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Salad Fingers likes to touch rusty spoons....

Yeah, sorry, JB. No lag for me, either.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It has something to do with this weird cartoon that is posted somewhere.

I believe a rusty tea kettle could stand in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Salad Fingers likes to touch rusty spoons....

Yeah, sorry, JB. No lag for me, either.

oh, no...it was a robin hood joke that i guess was too obscure.

alan rickman replies "because it's dull! it'll hurt more."

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Hahahaha! Forgot that line. Good call.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

His role in that movie was the only thing that made it interesting.

it was. that was the best line in the whole movie.

My Mood
    Breezy

anyone have any ideas what I could try to fix it?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm...I have never actually experienced it before.

Every now and then my web provider at home gets slow as hell (right around 6pm) and that makes it hard to scroll but that is the only time I have seen it.

My Mood
    Breezy

well, i just bought a custom computer with a new p4 processor and all that shit, more ram and a humongous hd. So hopefully when I have it up and running we won't have a problem anymore.