Quote Originally Posted by sandcracker21 View Post
if i remember, he saves rollands life in book 7 by killing the crimson king...but who is the second? and he DOESNT die in book 7, he leaves rolland to his fate?

so is there a different King book in which danville 'saves' someone else? If so can I please be enlightened? But dont spoil it for me!
The third part of the book (with the "Calvins") goes out of its way to explain that a lot of Insomnia is no longer canon because King's 'song' was muddled when he wrote it. This is more or less King's way of admitting that he couldn't fit the book into the DT mythology.

So Patrick didn't die saving two people no more than the Crimson King was imprisoned at the top of the Dark Tower. Really, I don't know why people are still trying to fit what Insomnia did into DT7 when King himself all but broke the fourth wall and told fans to ignore it. In retrospect, King made a big mistake making Insomnia so important initially to the series' mythos when he was pretty much making it up as he went along. I understand his views on outlines, but really, if you're writing something as expansive as the Dark Tower, you should have some sort of master plan for the ending.

Wish I could have a better answer (as Insomnia's one of my favorite SK books), but that's it. I guess we should be happy that Patrick showed up at all.