Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Connecting ALL Stephen King Books to the Tower

Gunslinger Apprentice ZGDK is on a distinguished road ZGDK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Connecting ALL Stephen King Books to the Tower

I've been thinking abotu this, but in a way you can connect all of the books back to the tower. For example in Rose Madder Rose reads a Misery book. Thus Misery-Rose Madder-The Tower. Or: The Shining-IT-The Tower. I was wondering what connections like this some others have found.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great topic!! I've been trying to do this myself... because Roland hypnotised Sai King and told him every story that he wrote would be about the Dark Tower... so...

What I started wondering was if the Shop was another agent/company of the CK. They were interested in telepaths... who's to say they weren't looking for Breakers?..... i guess... I'll try to think of more.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Some stuff can be found on the Tower Connections pages.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would go further, and connect all books (King or not) to the Tower: that's where inspiration comes from in all cases

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

there are just some books that i don't want to hold any association to the Tower... i mean, there's some pretty awful stuff out there seeming to lack any inspiration...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If all books are tied to the Tower then all of everything is tied to the Tower.

That butterfly that just flew by the window...tied to the Tower.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

All things serve the Beam.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm beginning to feel like the thread may have been hijacked a lil... anyone wanna try actually answering the OPs original question? lol

A.D.D.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A.D.D. indeed.

Actually, I partially did answer his question by pointing him to the connections pages.

Country
    Country Flag

yeah.. Sai King's official site has more stuff on it tho. I looked at it and wondered why our page here wasn't filled more... I'm not rushing anyone though

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a wiki. You can write articles in there if you want.

Just be sure to read the guidelines first!

Country
    Country Flag

really??? awesome! right away! lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! If you need any help, let me or Lisa (Darkthoughts) know. I've been working on the Towerpedia, and the Tower Connections are kind of her baby, meaning she's written them all so far.

But members are encouraged to work on both!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If all books are tied to the Tower then all of everything is tied to the Tower.

That butterfly that just flew by the window...tied to the Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    All things serve the Beam.

i'm pretty sure these fucking cicadas serve the crimson king.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading It and I thought I saw something from another of King's books in here.. not DT I know that's there, but something else and i forgot. It rang a bell for Storm of the Century but I'm not sure if that's it anymore.. anyone know?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I caught quite a few non DT refs in IT. They're all in the IT article
    With each of the articles I do:
    *intro

*DT refs

*non DT refs.

As for every book being connected to the Tower, I think the essence of that is true by default of SK being the author, even though not every book has a Tower reference. But, I'm working on an article that will include every SK book and their connections to each other even if they don't connect directly to DT.

Country
    Country Flag

ohhhhhhh

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn you're ambitious, Lisa. I like that.

Tell Matt you need a raise.

Country
    Country Flag

That's what it was! Dreamcatcher.. the Mr. Gray thing... and I'd thought that Save Russian Jews thing looked familiar... i should've read this a long time ago i kno.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Its cool, I'm totally open to people catching things I might have missed

Daggers - too ambitious? If you see me on the news in a bedroom with DT scrawls and notes all over the walls, gibbering away in the corner...you'll know why

Country
    Country Flag

well what reminded me of Storm of the Century was how they talked about the original residents of Derry disappearing... Didn't that happen somewhere else? Well I know it happened on Ronoake Island, but I just remember in the movie
    Spoiler:
    seeing a bunch of people walking off a pier into the ocean
    ... and I know the movie was the same as the screenplay right?? i'm sooo confuzzled.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, I'm not familiar with SotC - I know in It you learn of many historic instances of ritual purgings in Derry that Pennywise is responsible for. But like I say, Storm is something I haven't read yet

Country
    Country Flag

oh ok cool.. well i don't think i'm going crazy. i have seen the movie a few times... but now i'm thinking it may have been a hallucination.....

Country
    Country Flag

scratch that... not hallucination... someone was having a nightmare about it i think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast