Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Stephen KING goes to the movies

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen KING goes to the movies

according to Lilja:

Here is some info about an upcoming book about King's movies called Stephen King Goes to the Movies:

According to Scribner, Stephen King provides new commentary and introductions to 5 of his favorite short stories that have been turned into films. The 400 page paperback book will be released on January 27, 2009.

The info is from Larry Fire's Blogg The Fire Wire and you can pre-order the book here.
    so what exactly will it be?
    just a new "collection" of 5 already known short stories that have been adapted in movies, with introductions and commentaries???
    thats it???

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what it sounds like. I'm sure we'll find out more eventually. Actually, it makes me wonder which five stories are being chosen. I can think of some truely awful movies that have been made from King's short stories--Children of the Corn, Sometimes They Come Back, The Mangler, The Lawnmower Man--the list just goes on!

John

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apt Pupil, Stand by Me (The Body), The Shawshank Redemption, The Langoliers... well that one was a novella I guess. Maybe he'll be picking the 5 most popular... or his five favorites?

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Secret Window, Secret Garden? The Mist?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

well, since he sued to have his name removed from the lawnmower man you can be sure that won't be in the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

He did like the movie itself but didn't like his name attached since it was clearly no real adaptation.

Traveler larryfire is on a distinguished road

Default Stephn King Goes to the Movies Book Info

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Larry, cool to get a mention out at Lilja's--I will be getting back to you very soon on some link information.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by larryfire View Post
    Welcome, Larry. Glad to see you made it!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mods???

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All taken care of, thank you John.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cover posted at Lilja"s

I LOVE that one!
    old school, really awsome!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------