Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post count

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Y'all are totally stepping on my thunder.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you were playing either the DT quote game or the DT trivia game, the post will now count toward your post count. The games have been moved to a new sub-forum in The Manni Village called Come Commala, which is specifically for DT/SK games.

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... any way we can make it look like PBYG and PAYG are on-topic?
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Country
    Country Flag

Not a chance in hell.

Country
    Country Flag

Not even if we slip in a few vague DT references once every few pages?
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well, if you were playing either the DT quote game or the DT trivia game, the post will now count toward your post count. The games have been moved to a new sub-forum in The Manni Village called Come Commala, which is specifically for DT/SK games.
    This is good.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post

hey man, you just gotta let it go.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, the topic requirements in that forum clearly state that they must be games that actually require thought and/or skill. And if those games make you think that much, then you might want to log off of the internet and work on finishing up that coloring book. Failing kindergarten is a shameful thing.

Spoiler:
    *doesn't know if that post made any sense at all*

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

if all the people I have annoyed jumped simultaneously, there would be earthquake in China!

(looks like an idea for a new game thread. With different "ifs" for each round)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry dude, I agree with the people in charge. This is a DARK TOWER site and post count should be based on DARK TOWER posts.

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, the topic requirements in that forum clearly state that they must be games that actually require thought and/or skill. And if those games make you think that much, then you might want to log off of the internet and work on finishing up that coloring book. Failing kindergarten is a shameful thing.

Spoiler:
    So it has nothing to do with whether or not the game is relevant to the Dark Tower?

And also, I don't see how "Who told who" requires any more thought/skill than Word Association or Person Below You Game.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    If all the people I have annoyed on the net laid down in the street, you could probably see it from space. And I wouldn't be afraid to run over them when I pull out of my driveway.

For some reason that reminded me of that horrific scene in Hotel Rwanda when the guy is

Spoiler:
    driving over dead bodies
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Spoiler:
    So it has nothing to do with whether or not the game is relevant to the Dark Tower?

And also, I don't see how "Who told who" requires any more thought/skill than Word Association or Person Below You Game.
    I would think that the who told who thread requires more knowledge/memory of the books than the word association thread. And the Person below you game does not require dt references at all ... so there you have it.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

I know, but what I said was that they don't require any more thought and skill.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Why do people worry about post count anyway? I couldn't even tell you how many posts I have because I care so little. I just post in threads that interest me, and not worry as to wether or not it clicks a number up. I have never understood the fascination with post count.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I know postcount isn't really important, I just didn't want the number to be misleading.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

if anyone *really* needs to know what your post count is, they can view your post history, and at the bottom of the page, it shows:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
    for you. so. there you go. it's very simple.

i honestly don't understand why this is still an issue.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Why do people worry about post count anyway? I couldn't even tell you how many posts I have because I care so little. I just post in threads that interest me, and not worry as to wether or not it clicks a number up. I have never understood the fascination with post count.
    Ditto. I can understand it when you need a certain amount of posts to have certain privileges, like on a couple of boards I go to, but otherwise I could care less. The different member titles are entertaining though, but that's all.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Yeah, I agree with ya, VttW. I actually belong to a board where post counts have been disabled. Since there are no special areas for people who have a higher post count, it gets rid of the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome that's so common.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought about doing that here. It would talk a bit of code but mostly I just figured people could simply not worry about it.

I think, for the most part, that is true.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WHAT?!f? BY THE GODS NO!! ANYTHING BUT MY POST COUNT!!!W65ASDDDXCASDDF

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I hear the words post count...I laugh, I laugh as I remember two particular people on tdt.net who had theirs in the mid 5-digit range...somethings just get ridiculous...LOL
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind disabling post count. That, or (dare I say it) disabling Odd's Lane, or making everything count. I just don't like the idea of a post count that doesn't include all posts.
    Last edited by B Rag; 05-24-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Mistake

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally understand that b rag but I believe you are in the minority on this issue.

The majority just basically ignores post count and I hate to turn it off for the whole board in light of that.

If I disable all of Odd's Lane, then the riddles won't count and they really should. I guess it was basically the best compromise we could come up with.

The board is going to stay how it is for now and we will address this in the future if it becomes an issue.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast