Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Contest #9 - Vote Now!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #9 - Vote Now!

Good luck picking a winner on this one, people. There were some seriously good submissions! Thanks to all who participated, and good luck!

In no particular order:

heather19:

Hammerofthegods32:

Erin:

OchrisO:

Mist on the Water:

aurora:

alinda:

Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm torn between three of them. I have to think about this one....

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I liked them all but I really liked aurora's
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to go with aurora because of the way he is looking away.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally went with alinda's. There's just something about it I like. I think it's the kindly look on his face.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All brilliant but went with auroras in the end.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

spectacular as always guys.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are all very cool, but I liked aurora's the most. It's dark and it has great detail. Nice Work!!!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

gaaaa! This was so hard.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hammers has my vote.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was very hard to vote on. They are all great. I was torn between Heather19, Auroras and Hammes but finally went with Heather19.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

How long do we have to consider? This is tough!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If you look at the poll, you will see it closes at 8:53 on 6/10.

Hey, I had a 7 day close, sue me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

It was tough. I ended up voting for Aurora's because he is looking away....and is at a distance. We don't see his face, and he remains a mystery to us. He exists only as a memory.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

:impressed by 4 votes: thanks !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    If you look at the poll, you will see it closes at 8:53 on 6/10.

Hey, I had a 7 day close, sue me.
    Cry pardon, sai. I looked at work and posted at home. I wasn't logged in at work. That information does not show if you are not logged in.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries. I was just giving you a hard time.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This was a tough one. There were a couple I was debating between, but finally decided to go with Aurora.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Worried

LOL! Hey Woofer! Zoom! *makes zooming motion over head*

You know I actually went back and checked as both logged in and not to see if I was blind (oh ha ha, to see if... nevermind).

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have voted alinda's: it may not be the most perfect, but it is Pat Delgado, as I imagine him, and not someone abstract horseman. I alerady expanded in that other thread how much I like the presence of the horses in that picture where there are none, or those white specks that somehow make me remember that he died.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Aurora's and Alinda's and Heather's horse was beautiful, but I ended up voting for Chris, his(hers? cry pardon I know not what gender you be) depicted Pat as I imagined him; an obvious horseman who looks his work and has a kind yet disciplined look about him.

Unofficial Doctor Who Obsessor Club Created by IR:
    IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm a dude. Thanks for the vote.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Hammer. His Pat has the right look about him, to me, of a man who spends his days outdoors and working hard.

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all, right now I'm not only humbled but even a little sad that Heather is not getting more votes, her work is incredible!

It was tough. I ended up voting for Aurora's because he is looking away....and is at a distance. We don't see his face, and he remains a mystery to us. He exists only as a memory.
    Funny you mention that as that is EXACTLY what I was thinking of as I sketch it out. We have no real descriptions of him, we only know we was a good and honest horseman that loved the open range and he is only mentioned, for the most part, as shadow memories from Susan. Therefore I thought his power and grace was in his very lack of description.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

No worries Aurora. I'm surprised I even got those 2 votes. I'm really bad at drawing people, and my Pat does looks kinda bad.

I have to agree about the feel of your sketch, I think that's why I was drawn to it as well, there's a mystery about it. I really like it. And if you ever do anything more with it, I'd love to see it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast