56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland Taking down Tull

22 39.29%
  • The Dixie Pig

15 26.79%
  • The Fight at the Gas Station

19 33.93%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A BIG FAT DO OVER! Best Fight Scene. THE FINAL VOTE!!!

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just put us Gas Statoin lovers one vote closer. It was tough choosing between Dixie and Gas station but I do so loves me some Eddie kicking ass at his peak of gunslinging!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted Gas Station, because Tull didn't seem too much of a fight to me, more of a slaughter. The Dixie Pig also didn't seem like a fight to me, it was good, but it seemed more like an extended death rather than a full on fight, The Gas Station was full fighting, bullets shot from both sides, and, as Monte said, it's two real gunslingers fighting, not a gunslinger child and a redemed priest.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Adding in the Gas Station made it a bit more difficult to choose, but I am still going with the Dixie Pig. Roland and Eddie at the Gas Station was exciting, but I knew they'd be able to handle it. Jake and Callahan were a different story altogether, especially the way Jake handled himself in the kitchen holding his ground one Oriza plate at a time.
    I totally agree with you. The gas station fight did make it harder but I had to stick with Dixie Pig. jake was really great in that fight.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a suspicion, namely, that those who voted for Dixie Pig would vote for Gas Station if those two were tied. I would suggest making such a poll if we see that Dixie has fallen desperately behind (which is a shame), because otherwise the results won't really be representative

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THE DIXIE MUTHAFUCKIN' PIG
    Best fight scene in any of the books--period. If I must explain, you're missing the point and the whole idea by a quadrillion miles.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fruno, as it so often happens, has summed up in one line what I have been trying to convey in scores of lengthy posts

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be closing this thread now since Tull is winning.

If anyone wants to vote for Tull PM me and I'll reopen it long enough for you to vote.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you'd like that Feev.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I was hoping for a simple 2 way split the tie,

The answer is within

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I wont mind at all if the gas station scene loses to the Dixie Pig scene...
    but, TULL?!
    PFFT!
    ~moons the Tull lovers~

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Pig is splitting the Gas Station votes like an Independent.

Gas Station!!

For all the reason stated above and more.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    In Love

never did like politics, or polls...

The answer is within

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

What about opening a new thread and poll just with the Gas station option? It would solve all our problems.

Roland would have understood.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    What about opening a new thread and poll just with the Gas station option? It would solve all our problems.
    better yet, let's take out the "target practice at Tull" and let the two real fights fight it out.

*ducks Feev's gunfire*

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the Dixie Pig, because I felt like there was so much more suspense and it was really interesting to see how everything came together (fell apart...) and I loved seeing Jake really kick butt!!

Although...I think taking down Balazar was my real favorite. Before it's even mentioned, I had found respect for Eddie for fighting his ass off while his ass was bare!

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    better yet, let's take out the "target practice at Tull" and let the two real fights fight it out.

*ducks Feev's gunfire*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah ahahahhahahaha!
    Now THAT was funny!!

The answer is within

Traveler DettaDelgado is on a distinguished road DettaDelgado's Avatar

Tull. It was the first time I saw Roland draw his guns, and it left an impression, slaughtering a town like that.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the Gas Station was just a better fight considering the circumstances and who Eddie and Roland were fighting. It was Roland against some dim-witted hicks with pitchforks (who admittedly did put up a decent fight) in Tull. It was serious kick-ass action against heavy caliber mobsters at the Station. Tull was cool and everything but I am still scratching my head how it is a better "fight scene" than the Station.
    My two cents.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, still in the lead.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wtf? i'm gone for a day and you guys go all twilight zone on me!

you know in the real world the dixie pig is winning because all those gas station votes really belong there. you know that, right?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am ending this Poll on Wednesday June 4th. just fye.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I think the Gas Station was just a better fight considering the circumstances and who Eddie and Roland were fighting. It was Roland against some dim-witted hicks with pitchforks (who admittedly did put up a decent fight) in Tull. It was serious kick-ass action against heavy caliber mobsters at the Station. Tull was cool and everything but I am still scratching my head how it is a better "fight scene" than the Station.
    My two cents.
    I agree completely.
    And love your sig, too.
    :kiss:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast