Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
It’s easy. If you don’t support the author on a personal level (i.e. don’t want to put money in his/her pocket that will only further his/her personal causes), buy his/her books used. Or download them illegally.

On another note, this is why discussing politics is never a good idea in settings that aren’t dedicated to such discussions. It’s just too easy to interpret comments as being personal and too slippery a slope to getting nasty. Not saying anyone got personal or nasty here but we still lost a good member over this.
I agree that politics is best discussed in the proper place.

However, we didn't lose him over this IMHO.

I've had many discussions with Tim regarding politics in the appropriate thread. We always argue for a while and then agree that we mostly agree. I doubt that one discussion that became political would send him packing.

I think he's dealing with multiple stressors. I hope he's able to deal with them and comes to a place of peace.
Oh I see. I’m sure you’re right then about this not being the sole reason. I assumed it might be only because of the timing, but in hindsight it was a poor assumption.

I hope he does too. He was a cool guy in my book.